ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

I wasn't just your video either, everyone seems to drive easy round there. Does the planes flight path follow the pit straight?
As I say unless you drive it then it's just tighter than you think. Yes near enough but at the height they are it seems I dump across the whole track.
Looks a huge amount of fun starting at the back and then seeing how far up the pack you can get.

Cool little car and some nice peddling skills :)
Yes I can't say I was gutted when I had to start from the back I was just worried with it being wet and getting taken out by someone else but all was good and was a laugh.

Thanks mate :) can't wait for Cadwell!
Is it just me or is the video of race 3 out of sync. The sound seems to be just ahead of the picture??
Yes it is mate sorry im not sure why :(

It does just use the std mic

So a bit of a collection of pictures since Oulton in the prep for Donington and then at Donington :)

Forged pistons to remove the chance of future ringland failure
file_zpsc326b531.jpg

Installing
file_zps1983eed3.jpg

Thick Headgasket much to Fred’s annoyance but I didn’t really want to increase the CR so this was the solution.
file_zpsc335575d.jpg

The master at work!
file_zps7f4b88a3.jpg

Time to go back together with the new gearbox
file_zpscf626e05.jpg

Tools for straightening the front of the car back out
file_zps255c933f.jpg

En-route for Geo and then running in/calibration
file_zps504c97ad.jpg

Running in
file_zps73b1fe6b.jpg

Dropping the mineral oil and swapping to good stuff
file_zps2fb20da0.jpg

Green line was the old engine just before Oulton and red is the new engine, Just what I wanted!
file_zpsdfc42fa0.jpg

First to arrive at Donington after a hectic few weeks
file_zps93dee8ef.jpg

Mr H arrives and this is home for the weekend
file_zpsa1321732.jpg

Dap of oppo in quali
file_zpseece227f.jpg

Need to order a new heated screen
file_zpsdfc10b37.jpg

Wet quali was good fun!
file_zpsf3a8ce85.jpg

Lined up P2 on the grid
file_zps1652ba38.jpg

A good start
file_zps358fbcf3.jpg

Outside line with a wider entry
file_zps60084dd3.jpg

Worked!
file_zpsc3feb54a.jpg

Gap after lap 1 to try and get some comfort ahead of Tony!
file_zps5ca53eb8.jpg

Working through the traffic
file_zpsaa3b7565.jpg

file_zps40ad0ea1.jpg

file_zpsa204aa75.jpg

file_zps0bbf12e1.jpg

Trying to overtake the backmarkers who don’t like moving over even after trying to run you off the track lol!
file_zpsced12095.jpg

Chasing those 370Z’s down to lap
file_zps1d93587f.jpg

file_zps9d109532.jpg

It wasn’t my fault!
file_zps51c43e44.jpg

First WIN!! A great parade lap alongside Tony
file_zpsc77b0c6f.jpg

file_zps0e3f02aa.jpg

file_zpsa1cd7a9e.jpg

file_zps69d6b946.jpg

Lined up P1 for the second race
file_zps3c0fd675.jpg

Role reversal between Tony and I from the first race
file_zpsf09cf1bd.jpg

Who brakes first?
file_zpsd0785fd3.jpg

Slightly ahead
file_zpsaee32bd2.jpg

Sorted!
file_zpsefbb845a.jpg

Ohhh how did that happen….
file_zpsab2f9203.jpg

Indicator on to retire into the pits
file_zpsdd1cf1e1.jpg

Fred sweeping up my debris :)
file_zpsd1a379f5.jpg

Fred teaching the marshals how to sweep!
file_zps606bb8f0.jpg

After the misted screen in quali time to wire up some heaters for the wet race 3. Patent pending BTM and FF-Racing
file_zps35a56071.jpg

Mr health and safety
file_zpsbeb456a1.jpg

All the clio’s lined up for R3
file_zpsff418b16.jpg

Left my glove on the wet floor of the car so time for a quick dry before the start of R3
file_zps1f7a35fe.jpg

Getting dark right at the back of the grid
file_zps41b64f84.jpg

file_zps826663c5.jpg

First lap whoops..
file_zpsb75bb0d9.jpg

Headlights ablaze
file_zps625483eb.jpg

Now getting really dark!
file_zps8d8237f9.jpg

Back home and a great end to a great year!
file_zps4a32c1c7.jpg

Thanks for looking! I thought pictures are better than 1000’s of words by me as per!

James

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Bloody brilliant mate and a well deserved win. CONGRATS! Hope to see you at Cadwell, not sure i'll be taking part but should be there to watch.

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments :)

Does fred always where flip flops or what ever they are?
Pretty much lol!
Not one picture of the D warf tightening/rescuing bolts!! Let down!
LOL I was impressed! Shame the picture wasn't very clear haha
Hope to see you at Cadwell, not sure i'll be taking part but should be there to watch.
Great stuff I can't wait for it! Passenger seat is ready so I can give you a go to make up for Oulton ;)
What you can't see is when Fred was grinding the pads, the car was being refuelled.:cry:
Never......... haha whoops!
You didn't want more compression??? :|

If I was fred I'd of chucked a standard gasket on while you weren't looking lol
I had no real interest to get more power mate, it was just a matter of upgrading the weak points and giving me a known working engine to see me through the end of the year and can then be used as a spare engine. It's still a higher cr than std but not the 13.5:1 that it would be with a standard HG.

Lionel Richie
i work in flip flops most of the time LOL, but its getting a bit cold now :( (as in welding/grinding/cambelt changes etc)

182cup & 172 racecar
I left before they finished, I'd been there since 9.00, plus they were one car down from the start, engine went in practice :(.

But would be good to get the Clios out for next year.

Clio 172
Nice pictures James and a well deserved turn around in the car especially when the professional outfit couldn't find their ass with both hands and you have restarted from scratch to make it a winning car. Top work and again thoroughly deserved.

Nice pictures James and a well deserved turn around in the car especially when the professional outfit couldn't find their ass with both hands and you have restarted from scratch to make it a winning car. Top work and again thoroughly deserved.
Thanks Andy :) Yes I can still remember when it was built and was slower than my roadcar 197 round Donington lol! Bit of a turnaround which was the aim for me this year so I have succeeded. Wouldn't have cost a penny more to build it like this originally but anyway I suppose thats history now :)

With two more trackdays coming up this year for the car (Cadwell on Sunday and Croft the following Thursday) i've been trying to put my finger on where I can improve the car moving forwards. The main issue i've had this year has been the brakes, most of the time they have been amazing but occasionally not so. I've ordered some new pad types today so i'm going to try a few more options over those 2 days.

Other than that i've got a long list of other area's to improve the car but I don't see much point going mad with the car performing so well. I'm going to be fitting the Pure Motorsport adjustable top mounts when they are finished which will be good to get more caster and then I'm in 2 minds whether to build an engine for the car or not. Maybe just a mild'ish build :) Don't want to do too much if i'm not racing it next year