ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Just sat and watched the whole video, fantastic mate! well chuffed for you. Once I finally get mine built I think I may have to consider going south of the border to have a go at this.

182cup & 172 racecar
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Just watched the vid, good race, looks fun coming from the back. Fair race with Stuart though, stop waving your hands about and concentrate on what your supposed to be doing.

Big hit down Crainers :eek:, fook that.

182cup & 172 racecar

Not too bad I guess thanks Tony. Trying to catch up on CS happenings that I've missed.

How are you?

On a high after the weekend. Not as high as James though.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio

Keith a few of us are sprinting at Angelsey 7th Oct try and get down;)

James im loving your slide after the yellow flag period :) Some very nice overtakes in there you looked like you were finally having fun eh. Well done mate very happy you have finally got a race car that works.
Yes it was a little exciting and to be honest I'm not a fan of the rear doing that but was funny :) Haha yes I loved every minute apart from the poisoning thought I was going to have to stop and then was nearly sick lol

Thanks Mark its a totally different car! Fred has re-done everything apart from the rear beam/ interior lol
Just watched - great stuff - It's a keeper now???
Thanks Pete :) It was always a keeper but yes so happy with it now I can actually enjoy it and have some confidence it isn't always going to break. Can't wait for next year with all the clio's racing!
What a race, made the Burpspeed boys look like they were there a different day. Some awsome overtaking into some of the corners fantastic stuff looked like a real fun race. I'm assuming the chap in the grey clio is the Ktech car? As they say 'if your not rubbing your not racing'.
Haha I would quite happily swapped for a bit of clear air I was dying in the car lol. Yes was a cracker Andy shame you couldn't be there! Yes it's Andrew and Stuart who are sponsored by K-tec
Great footage James. Now understand why my Clio is the shape it is. I now have a distinct dislike of Protons! As for you, brilliant close racing. Can't wait to do it again soon.:)
Haha yes i'm afraid so Andrew :( Couldn't believe how bad it was when I spoke to Stuart earlier today! I'm sure he will get it sorted and look forward to Oulton :)
Lots of in car guestures, quite funny.
Lol I don't know what I was doing to be fair mate, just really struggling with the fumes and then made silly mistakes but will learn and sure I will be calmer in future :)
He didn't quite know where he finished until I showed him (burpspeeds) pit board.
Mate you have made my year lol! Going to have to get a pit board if i'm doing Oulton as would be handy to see what position i'm in lol
Lots of overtaking vs scenic drive in the country ;)
I love the opportunity it has given me in this race and Brands to get in a load of race craft practice but a smooth drive in the country would of been nice lol!
Think i'd know where I would of been in that race - out in front away from some bumpoer car drivers.

Maybe its Tonys pit crew that got him out in front of the other cars??? :race:
You were too busy tickling my balls :rasp: I will never forget that lol! All my fault for not practising the stop
Watched the vid earlier at work but didnt reply.

James that looked epic! Mentalist driving but it worked and gave you a great result!

Quick question though? Are you part Italian or something? As there was a lot of hand gestures, something i'll no doubt be doing as I cant help myself! ;)
Haha thanks Nick, I'm not sure mentalist is good is it lol! Haha got an italian restaurant as a sponsor got to communicate with them in the video :p
Had a good chat today about driving standards etc, I've had my moan anyway.
+1
Just sat and watched the whole video, fantastic mate! well chuffed for you. Once I finally get mine built I think I may have to consider going south of the border to have a go at this.
Thanks Kenny its been a bit of a milestone finally to get a decent result and i'm still over the moon :) Do it! Would be great fun
Just watched the vid, good race, looks fun coming from the back. Fair race with Stuart though, stop waving your hands about and concentrate on what your supposed to be doing.

Big hit down Crainers :eek:, fook that.
Thanks Tony :) Yeah I think it was just the heat of the moment for me and we had a chat earlier today so all good! It really is fun from the back its given me a great chance to practice my overtaking.

Yes boss! I do agree mate I don't know what I was playing at but will learn for next time
Epic drive and awesome result :)
Thank you mate :)
On a high after the weekend. Not as high as James though.
Not surprised you guys are always pulling the top 3 out of the bag :)

It's just nice to be smiling about the car for once
Coz Fumes :p
Permanent fixture yeah? ;) lol

182cup & 172 racecar

I'm going to get a crack pipe fitted.

WRX

Potential fixes for Oulton.
EAB91AA9-CC37-4B95-9506-9E9359AAF053-4474-00000998270F739B.jpg

1B395661-3AE0-4BD3-BFE8-80B1A4A103EA-4471-00000997A3B2DB82.jpg

E8BF5C21-F10B-44B7-8A3D-1E5CBEADFDA2-4471-000009976CC8A6A2.jpg

WRX

It's about time you hung that back in the wardrobe Tony.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio

Do they do xxl in that??

182cup & 172 racecar

I still can't get over that costume.

I really enjoyed watching that video! Nicely done! :D
Thanks Andy :)!
Just watched the video - gotta say im simply chuffed for you James, great result, & what looks to be a really fun race!!

Bar the fumes of course lol
Thanks Dave really appreciate it and your offer the other week :) Yes was great and shame we can't tempt you out into the racing! Hopefully see you at some of the races next year when Nick and Ollie are racing!

The fumes just added to the effect ;)

BMW Z4

Thanks Andy :)!

Thanks Dave really appreciate it and your offer the other week :) Yes was great and shame we can't tempt you out into the racing! Hopefully see you at some of the races next year when Nick and Ollie are racing!

The fumes just added to the effect ;)

Come and race in TDT at Snett 300 on Oct 27th, there are still some places open :race: Oh and get a radio if you're allowed, much better than a pit board for motivation I find.

Evo 5 RS

Depends who you've got on the other end of it lol

182cup & 172 racecar

Come and race in TDT at Snett 300 on Oct 27th, there are still some places open :race: Oh and get a radio if you're allowed, much better than a pit board for motivation I find.

No radios allowed at Donny, in case a plane lands on the circuit.

172 Race Car

Last edited by a moderator:

How did you find the brakes now you've ditched the ABS mate - on the video they get locked up quite a bit.
I'm a bit nervous about my first outing with 4 pots and no ABS lol

Lionel Richie

the car still needs corner weighting and its got PF97's in the rear, we're going to add some nasty rear pads corner weight it all up and then it should be quick!

think James said the data from the track evening + the race data could equal a 1min 22sec lap :D

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

the car still needs corner weighting and its got PF97's in the rear, we're going to add some nasty rear pads corner weight it all up and then it should be quick!

think James said the data from the track evening + the race data could equal a 1min 22sec lap :D

Think you've done an amazing job in turning this car into what it is now.
Also giving James a car that he can now race and enjoy.

Does that lap time of 1m22s include staying on the black stuff. Lol
After all fastest time was 200th of s second faster than tony.

Lionel Richie

he's going to sell the clio and get a bowler wildcat ;)

Attachments

• bowler+wildcat.jpg
    bowler+wildcat.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 31
  • Bowler-Wildcat_mp346_pic_60922.jpg
    Bowler-Wildcat_mp346_pic_60922.jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 23
  WRX

I thought he was in talks with Pat and Liam Doran.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110

Just watched the donnington vid. Cracking watch that was. Could see you started to get comfortable with the car and track by 15 min into it, then 30 min in, could see slight red mist coming down with your driving with the bumper to bumper racing. Really enjoyed watching that.
Proper close racing in it, looks quite frustrating on times lol.

Glad the car is up and working, looking forward to updates