ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Can't wait for the write up.
Gutted I couldn't make it mate - loads of stuff piled up on me this weekend :(
I've just realised I'll be over in north wales when the Oulton Park race is on though so i'm coming over for that :D

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

When is Oulton as ive a sprint at Angelsey on the 7th Oct ?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

Wel done James, I expect you to be battling with burpspeed next time out.

172 Race Car

Not chance, hes the number 2.

Slingshot engauged

Shake n' bake baby

Well done James, I didn't post good luck as I didn't want to put the mockers on you lol, then when they said you'd thrown an aux belt in practice I couldn't beleive it, and again well done looking foreward to the videos.

Regards Russ......

Wel done James, I expect you to be battling with burpspeed next time out.
Thanks Simon :) Good to see you again yesterday! Haha lol now that is positive thinking but its certainly not an aim for me was just nice not to be lapped by them for once ;)
Not chance, hes the number 2.

Slingshot engauged

Shake n' bake baby
Hahaaa lol :D
Well done James, I didn't post good luck as I didn't want to put the mockers on you lol, then when they said you'd thrown an aux belt in practice I couldn't beleive it, and again well done looking foreward to the videos.

Regards Russ......
Thanks Russ, Would be great to have you and Colin on the grid next year if you guys can!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

James we all know you'll be at oulton come 6th oct with your RACE car on the grid. Lol

Still a few little things to sort out for the next race and do some pit stop practice lol

Haha the list of current jobs is below:

• Re-wrap side strip
  • Touch up wheel
  • Remount, both bumpers
  • Clean inside, outside and wheel arches
  • Investigate front brake calipers
  • Refurb rear calipers or replace (Still pulling to the left a bit)
  • Play with cup distribution valve (Going to put it on an MOT brake tester and adjust the valve)
  • New exhaust (BTM baby ;))
  • Blank rear holes in boot floor
  • Air vents in rear windows
  • Increase cooling capacity
  • Check engine after engine temp
  • Heat shield gear lever
  • Cut front bumper and cross member for more airflow
  • Trim wheel arches at front for tyre clearence
  • Add Castor
  • Flare rear arches
It's not the above list thats the issue really as I can sort all that in time its just the money in doing so but I will certainly be trying my hardest as always :)

Pit stop practice wouldn't be a bad idea lol would help if I didn't stand about lol

172 Race Car

You did stand about for quite some time, Lol. And then had a little chat when back in the car

Haha lol! I was just a tad worried but Freds "F**K off out of here and drive" put my mind at rest :D

172 Race Car

Flol, good work mate, Comintment and no fear. Bet Lisa in the Puma pissed her knicks laughing watching that

hahaha at the vid! - too much looking behind you there mate, not enough looking forward

I did the same thing loads when I was last at Donington - that bloody first corner, I spent more time in the sand than I did hitting an apex :(

Regarding increasing the cooling mate - a lad on here has just found a £160 ish golf alloy rad on ebay - it's the same height as the polo one but longer and apparently offers 30% better cooling being all alloy

I'm gonna order one for mine in a few weeks as the Polo rad really does struggle :(

Flol, good work mate, Comintment and no fear. Bet Lisa in the Puma pissed her knicks laughing watching that
Haha I was trying my bestist boss ;) Yes probably!
hahaha at the vid! - too much looking behind you there mate, not enough looking forward

I did the same thing loads when I was last at Donington - that bloody first corner, I spent more time in the sand than I did hitting an apex :(

Regarding increasing the cooling mate - a lad on here has just found a £160 ish golf alloy rad on ebay - it's the same height as the polo one but longer and apparently offers 30% better cooling being all alloy

I'm gonna order one for mine in a few weeks as the Polo rad really does struggle :(
Lol yes probably but the Proton was better on the brakes and thought he was going to come back round the outside so didn't want to run deep and take him out lol!

Yes I saw Mark (Iceman) had put that link up but I don't know how much bigger I need to go as it was running mega hot!

Lionel Richie

*you think it was running mega hot ;)

That is very true! Need to work out if its the sensor, If I boil a kettle and then put the end of the sensor into the water would that work? lol!

WRX

Think that Proton needs a rising sun scheme.....
Because kamikaze pilot

172 Race Car

That is very true! Need to work out if its the sensor, If I boil a kettle and then put the end of the sensor into the water would that work? lol!
Just change it if not sure its working right

182cup & 172 racecar

My bad :eek:

[video=youtube_share;8Oy36wI20-4]http://youtu.be/8Oy36wI20-4[/video]

Girls slide ;), see if Jay can find my qualifying one at the same corner.....I ran out of lock.LOL.

Audi A6 & 172 Cup

Awesome result mate, well done, about time you got a break!

Thanks Kenny, Yes finally but things are looking up now and sure I can leave the past behind and have a smoother run from here :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

Haha lol I don't know if it was junior or senior Cassar in the car!

Where could I get a spare that would go in the same place? :)

what sensor? ECU coolant temp one? they're about £15

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

nope, but i'm pretty sure James doesn't have the stock sensor in place

Yes Dan ECU coolant temp one :) I will be taking a photo later when I go down to the garage so will post up! Thanks

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

That looks like the one Dan :) Will whizz mine out and check the size but thanks!

if it's in the stock sensor position, then that's the one.

Clio 172

When will the vid be up James? I feel like a kid 'are we there yet'.