ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Clio 172
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

I mean't to ask is this the new official line through Redgate? 4 wheels off every other lap ;)

WRX
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

James/Bigash looking for more sponsors-Qualcast or Flymo perhaps?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

tumblr_l9ofytZjP61qb7unno1_500.gif

Come and race in TDT at Snett 300 on Oct 27th, there are still some places open :race: Oh and get a radio if you're allowed, much better than a pit board for motivation I find.
I'd love to Mark but when I spoke to MSV about me doing Brands they wanted x amount registration fee even for one race and my bank account can't take the abuse lol! Yes got a radio on the list but again will have to wait as just don't have the money for that stuff at the moment :(
How did you find the brakes now you've ditched the ABS mate - on the video they get locked up quite a bit.
I'm a bit nervous about my first outing with 4 pots and no ABS lol
Yeah as Fred says and as he told me before I went to donny lol, I should of swapped the rear pads as it was the rears locking and causing issues. Will get that sorted this week and planning to do some time at Teeside once I've modified the cooling to make sure everything is sorted :) You will be fine! Worst that happens is you won't make it to the corner ;)
Does that lap time of 1m22s include staying on the black stuff. Lol
Haha I still can't believe how much grip there was on the grass :)
he's going to sell the clio and get a bowler wildcat ;)
Don't tempt me :p
Just watched the donnington vid. Cracking watch that was. Could see you started to get comfortable with the car and track by 15 min into it, then 30 min in, could see slight red mist coming down with your driving with the bumper to bumper racing. Really enjoyed watching that.
Proper close racing in it, looks quite frustrating on times lol.

Glad the car is up and working, looking forward to updates
Thank you very much, well yes unfortunately had no time in the car in practice/quali so had to learn the car in the race but it was good fun! Haha I was struggling to see and just wanted an easy overtake and carry on pushing lol!

Thanks and the write up should be done in the next day or so :)
I mean't to ask is this the new official line through Redgate? 4 wheels off every other lap ;)
Yes Andy give it a try ;)
James/Bigash looking for more sponsors-Qualcast or Flymo perhaps?
Haha I should do! You should see the rad its covered in dust and bits of grass lol

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

just seen the video! COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL MAN! awesome

LOL at Chip

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

So are you back on for the ring again now its working so well James?

So are you back on for the ring again now its working so well James?
Yes mate all still sorted for it :)

Just got to sort more cooling out for the engine as it got VERY hot in the race! Once that is sorted it's only small little bits of prep I need to do :)! Think I will get some softer springs for the ring though as the current setup isn't very forgiving lol

Oh man I'd kill to go with you to the Ring.. I had to cancel my trip there this year :(
Last time I went round the Clio was virtually standard - I'm dying to throw it round with how it is now!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Yes mate all still sorted for it :)

Just got to sort more cooling out for the engine as it got VERY hot in the race! Once that is sorted it's only small little bits of prep I need to do :)! Think I will get some softer springs for the ring though as the current setup isn't very forgiving lol

Porkies is very firm and he still seems to get on ok, but I would personally sooner have softer springs at the ring than on uk tracks, but then I did once crash on the carousel, lol

Excellent to hear you are good to go though mate :)

We're getting a ferry out just after 8am on friday now so we can have breakfast on the crossing rather than go tunnel, and then back late tuesday evening (9:45 I think it was) as we figured it was better not to have to rush around, hopefully we will have time to go out for food somewhere between spa and the port :) Plus the time difference works in our favour coming back.

I will drop the hotel in germany an email just to confirm all is still ok with our booking as they didnt take any card payment off me or anything.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

I wouldnt worry about the spring rates at all. You may need to turn the heat down on the driving style 'slightly' for the Ring.

Go from the 15 Tenth's in the video down to my normal 11 Tenths's and you will be fine ;)

Was thinking about leaving the Clio at home actually as it might struggle with Spa's long straights where as the Ferrari or Lotus wont so much... but if you are coming then I will deffo get my Clio out there as well.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

If you think your clio is going to struggle, imagine how my mrs one is going to be, lol

You HAVE to bring the clio, its epic and I want a passenger ride round the ring in it with you far more than in the ferrari.

You bringing the westy?

Evo 5 RS

Yozzasport's itb forged beasty at Spa. Think you'll be fine Porkie lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Whoever that is, the boy can drive :)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

Yozzasport's itb forged beasty at Spa. Think you'll be fine Porkie lol.

Seen the video before. Its cool and fast for a Clio no doubt with a great driver who knows Spa well. However watch a big power car go around Spa

My friends who know me well and reguarly RACE at Spa say the Clio will bore and frustrate me as Spa after 3 laps.

NOT in anyway dissing my Clio as I LOVE it and really dont wanna sound like a dick.... but 500bhp, 196mph, paddle shift Ferrari's are pretty good fun as well and well suited to long flowing power circuits like Spa ;)

One mate isnt taking his 280bhp Lotus Exige as he says it frustrates him around Spa after a few laps.

Was just listening to that advice thats all.... and the Ferraris a lovely place to be sat for the drive over and back as well. Its a little cooler than a little Clio as well ;)

In fact 99.9999% of the worlds population wouldn't even understand what the hell I was even thinking about here and just would just take the RED car!

Westys coming yes Chip. Diff came out last night. Dropped to Steve Middleton about an hour ago. Stus taking the Exige over for me. Then me and Dan can take one each. So Jeep+tailer with Westy and then either Clio or Donkey.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Lol, ferrari it is then by the sounds of it! Shame though, cause the clio is epic for the ring I reckon.

Can totally appreciate what you are saying though, I guess its just that I still cant get my head round that your balls/wallet are big enough to hammer a 430 round a track, but I bet it will be EPIC fun if you do, and I certainly will be in the queue for a passenger ride!

What are Martin and Shonky going to be taking then? And is your uncle not going? I was expecting him to take one over for you.

Transporter he was on about not built yet I take it?

Oh man I'd kill to go with you to the Ring.. I had to cancel my trip there this year :(
Last time I went round the Clio was virtually standard - I'm dying to throw it round with how it is now!
Haha yes i've been really looking forward to it for so long now! I bet it would be fun in yours :)
Porkies is very firm and he still seems to get on ok, but I would personally sooner have softer springs at the ring than on uk tracks, but then I did once crash on the carousel, lol

Excellent to hear you are good to go though mate :)

We're getting a ferry out just after 8am on friday now so we can have breakfast on the crossing rather than go tunnel, and then back late tuesday evening (9:45 I think it was) as we figured it was better not to have to rush around, hopefully we will have time to go out for food somewhere between spa and the port :) Plus the time difference works in our favour coming back.

I will drop the hotel in germany an email just to confirm all is still ok with our booking as they didnt take any card payment off me or anything.
Yes that is what I was thinking but as Porkie says I can just wind back the driving a little and save some money on the springs :)

I was going to say I will do the ferry as the other day when I looked at the tunnel its got very expensive! Sounds like a plan to me who have you gone with on the ferry?

Yes I will do the same for Spa then :)
I wouldnt worry about the spring rates at all. You may need to turn the heat down on the driving style 'slightly' for the Ring.

Go from the 15 Tenth's in the video down to my normal 11 Tenths's and you will be fine ;)

Was thinking about leaving the Clio at home actually as it might struggle with Spa's long straights where as the Ferrari or Lotus wont so much... but if you are coming then I will deffo get my Clio out there as well.
Haha okay I will do that then :)

I am still racing the day before at Oulton but I hope all will be okay and i'm planning to get the ferry the following day! If something goes tit's up with the car then I will still come along and watch if thats okay with you guys as I will already have the ferry, hotel etc :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

We're with P and O.

Details here:
route Dover - Calais
latest check-in Fri 05 Oct 2012 07:55
sailing time Fri 05 Oct 2012 08:25
arrival time Fri 05 Oct 2012 10:55

route Calais - Dover
latest check-in Tue 09 Oct 2012 21:15
sailing time Tue 09 Oct 2012 21:45
arrival time Tue 09 Oct 2012 22:15

Nice one Chip I will try and get the same return ferry :) I should be over Sunday afternoon sometime

phase 2 172

Hi ash,how did the car finish off last night on the dyno?

Hello James,

Fantasic drive and a great result mate well deserved, loved the off road stuff mate epic, just think how it'll go once you've got it fully set up and some more seat time, again well done.

Regards Russ............

Hi ash,how did the car finish off last night on the dyno?
Pretty much the same as when you were there mate :)
Hello James,

Fantasic drive and a great result mate well deserved, loved the off road stuff mate epic, just think how it'll go once you've got it fully set up and some more seat time, again well done.

Regards Russ............
Thank you Russ! Haha yes I need to not do that in future but it saves tyre wear ;)

Yes really got something I can work with now and got a good list of little tweaks to do which should keep shaving the lap time off!

Thanks James

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

I am still racing the day before at Oulton but I hope all will be okay and i'm planning to get the ferry the following day! If something goes tit's up with the car then I will still come along and watch if thats okay with you guys as I will already have the ferry, hotel etc :)

If the Clio goes tits up lap the ring/spa in the BMW mate!!! It will be near enough as fast, if not faster! Lol!!

Haha I couldn't face the tyre bill or the bill for when I inevitably run out of talent and dunk it into the armco lol!

Donington Park Report and the work that happened to get us there:

So following on from the track evening I did at Donington the other month where I got booted off for noise limits after one hot lap it was obvious that the car was in much better shape than in the past around Donington showing roughly 5 seconds a lap better than its previous laptimes. The lack of running though wasn’t good as it was the first time on the new tyres, running spacers and on the AST’s. It did however highlight an issue with one of the dampers so this was sent off to AST and sorted. The car was also viscously pulling to the left under braking.

There was around 5 days after Donington to decide whether or not to race and the brake problem was the biggest worry as I thought it was the ABS which had been playing up anyway causing the issues so the only option was to bin it off. It was a job planned for winter and without any pressure and the engine not in then I could of probably done it myself but with me going on holiday it only left a few days and it was unlikely I would sort it in time. Fred very kindly said to drop it off with him and he would sort it. I then asked him if he could also sort a few other things out. Ever since February when the CV joint failed and the driveshaft was replaced the hub nut has been winding itself loose. This turns out that the wrong driveshaft had been fitted causing the issues. So I asked Fred to replace both driveshafts and front wheel bearings. There was also a creaking noise coming from the PAS rack so this was going to be changed aswell, luckily I had a spare rack which was sold to me by a forum member as perfect condition but the tie rods were like maracas so they went in the bin and I replaced them with the ones that had been fitted to the knackered rack the other week.

The car on Thursday morning
file_zps7a8bf8ad.jpg

Clutch going on
file_zpsd12efb13.jpg

Engine back in
file_zps748dd047.jpg

A great view from the top
file_zpsec284f74.jpg

There was a clunking noise from the gearbox when setting off and Fred thought it was worth checking the clutch and it was going to make the other work easier by having the engine out anyway so the engine came out. The clutch was inspected and lets just say it went in the bin and has been replaced with a genuine valeo jobbie so that should be okay for a long while. The master cylinder was swapped for a 172 cup item along with the load valve and then some sexy brake lines were made up by Zoltan. After a chat with Alcon I discovered that the wrong brake pads were fitted so a set of PF pads in the correct size were ordered.

The cooling system on the car has always been an issue so the alloy rad was removed and the cooling pipes sorted out as they had been put together with domestic copper pipes lol. We fitted a polo rad and once again a Zoltan fix welded a plate to the subframe to fit the rad to. Zoltan then fabricated some fan mounts which he did so carefully at 3am in the morning!

Now the ABS system had been removed we had the problem of the original chassis loom having too many wires and relays that weren’t required so Fred did some investigating and established that we could swap the bulkhead side of the chassis loom for a 172 cup item and all would be jolly. I found one of these and Fred had it fitted in no time. The engine went back in and then it was time for me to make the ECU loom as invisible as possible. The whole bay now is much neater and much more practical for future maintenance. The ECU loom took hours to remove the first time as it went through the bulkhead so this has been modified now and can be removed in less than a minute. The ECU has been damaged at some point in the past as it had cable tie’s holding the connector in and also the bolt hole bracket is cracked so over winter I will send it off to be re-cased and get a new plug for the ECU for when the car is re-wired fully.

The power steering pipe that was leaking was found to have a ruined O-ring and also had been bunged up with PTFE tape but this has now been fabricated by Fred to a different location which is much better as it doesn’t support its own weight anymore along with a new O-ring.

I fitted back the suspension and did a few other job’s that I have never done before such as fitting the driveshafts, filling the engine and gearbox oils and a few other things. This might not sound much but I am always learning and getting much better as I go along with things.

It really was so kind of Fred to sort the car out in so much detail at such last minute and I could hear the amount of work he was having to turn away that week to ensure my car got sorted in time.

Both he and Zoltan have such an eye for detail and they won’t let anything be bodged. At times when it was looking tight for time I suggested a bodge but they stuck with it and made sure it was okay.

Final little perfectionist details by Fred
file_zps49712e10.jpg

Car ready for geo
file_zps28a36bf1.jpg

Cracking service by Pro-Tyre
file_zps92a25160.jpg

The car was then thankfully ready for Donington where I headed up on the Friday night ready for the race on Saturday. Normally after the amount of work that had been carried out it the car would have a shakedown test and also some setup days to get the information to make the new suspension and tyres work but we didn’t have time for any of that and it was down to Freds experience to put the settings on the car that he thought would be best.

file_zps366c2511.jpg

I slept in the car at Donington and had a surprisingly good sleep and at 6.15am I woke up to bright skies. All week I had felt so positive about the whole car and had renewed optimism after all the crap that had happened in the previous months. It was then time for sign on and scrutinizing. I was running the car myself and sign on and scrutineering were both at 8.15. Engines aren’t allowed to be started until 9am so it meant me pushing the car all the way to scrutineering and then having to try and sign on while making sure the car wasn’t blocking anyone. Thankfully after a while I saw Jay who kindly put the car through scrutineering while I signed on.

Not long passed before it was time for practice. I went out and knew I had to go careful as the car was totally different to how I’ve ever had it before and with no ABS, different brake pads etc there was a chance something could go wrong (me spin) so I went out to do the 3 laps required to be allowed to race and was just trying to bed the pads in and get a little heat into the tyres. On the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] lap I went to put my change gear and suddenly the car bogged down, I changed page on the dash and the alternator was only showing 10 volts so I thought it had gone kaput. I knew I had to do my 3 laps so limped it round as quickly as I could but then going onto the straight I heard something fall off the car and thought it was best I stop. I still had 20 minutes left of the session and wanted to get the car back to the paddock repaired and then back out to get a quick time in. The safety car was already out so instead of pulling into the pits I went to the end of the main straight and pulled into the marshals post (It was much nearer for me to push the car back on my own than the pits) Once I had run back pushing the car it became evident that the bracket had broken and I couldn’t have fixed it in time so I went off and forgot about it. There was nothing that could be done and just a part failure so tough luck on my part. At least I had done my 3 laps to be allowed to race and knew I could have fun like at Brands starting from the back. I got on the phone to Fred who kindly stole all the associated parts from Dynacup and then brought them along with a new belt to Donington.

This only took them about 5 minutes to fit and then the car was ready for the race. Due to the qualifying I was starting up in I think 36[SUP]th[/SUP] position but I knew from the one lap of the test day that the car had decent pace. I lined up in my position and on the green flag lap tried to warm my tyres as much as possible. On the start I didn’t use launch control as I hadn’t tested it worked so held the rev’s at where I thought they needed to be and I think you could say I overcooked it! I just sat there as though I was showing off to the boy racers in mccyd’s. I have uploaded the video for you all to laugh at!

[video=youtube_share;lRo_DQ2SZO8]http://youtu.be/lRo_DQ2SZO8[/video]

Once I actually started moving I started to try and make my way forwards but then the race was red flagged and it was then back to grid order for the restart.

My restart still wasn’t great as I went the opposite way with rev’s but was much better than the first one. I was making decent progress up the field but on my 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] lap coming into coppice my coolant temp alarm went off which is set to 105 it climbed rapidly but knowing the pitlane wasn’t open for stops I would have lost a lot of time and would have had to re-pit anyway. As the pitlane opened the safety car came out which meant the engine cooled back down to 103. Less than one lap after the safety car came in is was back upto silly temperatures. I decided to pit where Fred and Jay quickly checked the coolant level which was fine and then sent me on my way as by now if the engine was going to be damaged then it would of already happened.

file_zps4ce769bf.jpg

file_zps6dd1a5b2.jpg

file_zps6c22c8b4.jpg

file_zps3f04c3e8.jpg

During the Donington trackday we had removed the tailpipes from the exhaust to try and modify to make the exhaust quieter. I hadn’t refitted any for the race and it came back to haunt me. The two large holes in the boot area where letting all the exhaust gases into the cabin and I was slowly but surely beginning to struggle. My eyes were streaming and my race looking rather purple, I knew I hadn’t been overtaken or lapped by anyone so must have been doing okay so I stuck with it. I then caught upto the grey clio driven at this point by Stuart but it wasn’t another simple overtake like all the others of the day and on a few occasions when I was past I kept making silly mistake like missing gears etc. We had a few bumps and nudges but luckily lived to fight another day. I had messed up the gearchange into the chicane which had let the proton back past and he and the K-tec car came together in the craners unfortunately with a fairly big hit. I lifted off quite a lot as I wasn’t sure where Stuart was going to rejoin the circuit and also if he would be out of control or not. While we had been racing we had been overtaken by the integra, the 306 and the focus. All for position which I certainly didn’t realise. Then for me it was just a simple few laps to the end. I thought I had caught the other two clio’s up for position and with my dash telling me it was the last lap I had 3 corners left to pass both of them which I managed luckily only to come in the pits at the end and realise I had finished 5[SUP]th[/SUP]. I was over the moon while also feeling very sick.

[video=youtube_share;zDDFviORNrY]http://youtu.be/zDDFviORNrY[/video]

The car after the race
file_zps1266a172.jpg

The result is just what I needed and I had so much fun racing as I’m sure is evident from the video. There is no way I would have been at the race if it weren’t for Fred and Zoltan at BTM who I really do owe a massive thank you to! I really need to listen to what Fred says as everything he has said so far that I have doubted on occasion has been spot on!

Thank you to everyone who came along on the day it was great to see so many familiar faces. Also thank you to everyone who wished me good luck and congratulations by the many pm’s, message on here, texts, calls.

As with the other two races I have learnt a lot and for the next race I just need to stay more chilled instead of getting worked up.

The car is looking a little worse for wear but fundamentally it is all okay. The aerocatch for the bumper is shattered and that has bent the part of the shell that it mounts to along with ripping off the way the bumper clips on but I can sort that. The side strips are slightly grazed and it’s bent the rear ¾ panel but it’s not noticeable and the rear bumper had been detached and rubbed along the ground and has got the corner missing. This is where the wrap is handy as I can just put more on and cover the damage :)

file_zps8fc371ce.jpg

file_zpsfa0dc983.jpg

file_zpsed35dd14.jpg

file_zps1a1257bc.jpg

file_zps0db6ec37.jpg

The car was really good to drive on the whole, Fred warned me to swap the rear pads but unfortunately I didn't and the rears were too powerful as a result. The car needs corner weighting (didn't have a spare minute to do it) and also with a test day to work on ride height, tyre pressures and damper adjustment I think the car can really then push on as low speed turn in isn't great and it's washing out. The camber seems good though and when I was racing I was thinking to myself the tyres will be ruined but they look like new!

My data logger having a paddy and thinking I had gone to visit the Donington estate
file_zps0a8e71eb.jpg

I have done my entry for Oulton and its been accepted so I will be racing again on the 6[SUP]th[/SUP] October. The main issue to sort is the cooling to stop the engine getting so hot again. I was going to get a custom rad as space is an issue with the PAS where it is but that would leave no money for the race entry so I have got to work with what I have got. The chaps who will be doing the rad over winter have suggested a few things so I will do those this weekend along with fitting some normal rears pads and then I’m testing it on Monday to check the brakes and also check the cooling issues. I need to sort the exhaust out so I don’t get poisoned again. The engine is still leaking oil from the sump gasket even though it was re-done after Anglesey by TDF so not sure how to sort that.

The car went off to Paul at RS-tuning the other day for an engine check to make sure it wasn’t damaged and all the compression test results were thankfully fine along with a check of the oil and coolant so it has survived the high heat and is ready to go again round Oulton!

Thanks for reading and thank you also to Andrew for letting me use some of his photos :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

James, have a look at making a surround for the rad like we were talking about at Mallory. Directing air through the rad rather than letting it go round will make a massive difference.

Oil leak is going to be the rear main bearing cap. They're crap for getting to seal properly. I've had it happen. just has to be removed and re-fitted

Great results James. Haven't had a chance to watch the vid yet but sounds like it will be worth a watch.

See you at Oulton :)

I had a track day there on Tuesday as I had never driven there before. Was a great track. Heavy showers all day though so I don't really know how fast I can go in the dry.

Managed to spin at Cascades and Druids within a few minutes of each other and got told of by the stewards :( I stiffened the front up after that as I wasn't getting much notice before it went.

They ended the day 10 minutes early when it started to hail!

James, have a look at making a surround for the rad like we were talking about at Mallory. Directing air through the rad rather than letting it go round will make a massive difference.

Oil leak is going to be the rear main bearing cap. They're crap for getting to seal properly. I've had it happen. just has to be removed and re-fitted
Yes Dan it's on my list for the weekend to mock something up and test it on Monday just trying to decide on material at the moment. Can't decide between thin ally sheet and bend it or the plastic stuff estate agent boards are made of but don't want it to melt lol

Oh great lol! Is it serious or can I just leave it till winter? Does that mean engine out again? :(
Great results James. Haven't had a chance to watch the vid yet but sounds like it will be worth a watch.

See you at Oulton :)

I had a track day there on Tuesday as I had never driven there before. Was a great track. Heavy showers all day though so I don't really know how fast I can go in the dry.

Managed to spin at Cascades and Druids within a few minutes of each other and got told of by the stewards :( I stiffened the front up after that as I wasn't getting much notice about before it went.

They ended the day 10 minutes early when it started to hail!
Thanks Mark, I forgot you were doing Oulton so that should be fun :)

I'm hoping to test at Oulton on either the 2nd or the 5th! Ohh dear well at least you didn't damage anything :)

Haha thats northern weather for you :rasp:

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

Engine out job to do it properly

Use Nimbus

Oh the joys lol! Will it be okay for the next race? CBA with engine out before that :(

Expensive lol but I suppose it's nice and easy to shape!

Lovely write up - pissed myself laughing at your launch!

I'll be the first to say it - as you know I speak my mind - but a shocking amount of bodges and wrong parts fitted for the original build.
I'm so happy it's with BTM now - you'll have a stonking year next year with your aggressive driving style combined with a reliable car :D

It's also convinced me not to bother fitting my own AST's this winter (and cambelt, inner tie roads, new engine loom, stud conversion etc...) - it's going to be taking a holiday at BTM too ;) (I hope Fred's not planning on sleeping ever again lol)

BMW Z4

Yes Dan it's on my list for the weekend to mock something up and test it on Monday just trying to decide on material at the moment. Can't decide between thin ally sheet and bend it or the plastic stuff estate agent boards are made of but don't want it to melt lol

Oh great lol! Is it serious or can I just leave it till winter? Does that mean engine out again? :(

Thanks Mark, I forgot you were doing Oulton so that should be fun :)

I'm hoping to test at Oulton on either the 2nd or the 5th! Ohh dear well at least you didn't damage anything :)

Haha thats northern weather for you :rasp:

Same issue I have James.

Subframe off
Gearbox out
Sump off
Flywheel off
Cap out
Reseal (If using Renault white MASTIXO leave for 24 hours to set before running engine up)
New O ring

All back together for it to leak again :(

Realistically a 6 to 7 hour job all told, bit less if you have a nice ramp

CRAP design to be honest not sure what they were thinking with that one, probably not thinking at all.

This is a job for Fred to do..

Lovely write up - pissed myself laughing at your launch!

I'll be the first to say it - as you know I speak my mind - but a shocking amount of bodges and wrong parts fitted for the original build.
I'm so happy it's with BTM now - you'll have a stonking year next year with your aggressive driving style combined with a reliable car :D

It's also convinced me not to bother fitting my own AST's this winter (and cambelt, inner tie roads, new engine loom, stud conversion etc...) - it's going to be taking a holiday at BTM too ;) (I hope Fred's not planning on sleeping ever again lol)
Haha yes I just sat their laughing to myself so thought I had to embarrass myself by putting it up ;)

Yes it has come on leaps and bounds in the last week or so and i'm so happy with it now!

I can't wait for next year now!

Haha lol i'm sure you will be flying around after all that mate!
Same issue I have James.

Subframe off
Gearbox out
Sump off
Flywheel off
Cap out
Reseal (If using Renault white MASTIXO leave for 24 hours to set before running engine up)
New O ring

All back together for it to leak again :(

Realistically a 6 to 7 hour job all told, bit less if you have a nice ramp

CRAP design to be honest not sure what they were thinking with that one, probably not thinking at all.

This is a job for Fred to do..
Ohh jesus lol! I'm sure mines leaking from the other side of the engine though! I will get it on stands later and investigate it :)

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup

Cracking write up James.

Truly shocking list of bodges; not to be expected on a car with this level of investment!

As I have said elsewhere, congratulations on a brilliant drive. If it wasn't for the exhaust fume poisoning I would imagine it was quite an emotional experience crossing the finishing line!

I really hope to be at Oulton on the 6th

Cracking write up James.

Truly shocking list of bodges; not to be expected on a car with this level of investment!

As I have said elsewhere, congratulations on a brilliant drive. If it wasn't for the exhaust fume poisoning I would imagine it was quite an emotional experience crossing the finishing line!

I really hope to be at Oulton on the 6th
Thanks Nick :)

Haha it was still emotional to be fair after all the crap to finally do well was a little overwhelming :) If it hadn't been then I would have been sick lol! I'm sure the BTM exhaust won't have the same affect on me once its fitted though!

Would be great to see you there mate

Can anybody think of a header tank that I can use that will take a few more litres coolant than the standard one? The place doing the rad for next year suggested it to increase the capacity of water. I have trawled ebay for one but couldn't see anything that would do the job :(