ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Binned it! *WARNING DEAD CLIO*

3 series, 172 Cup
From my beloved clio looking like this on the Saturday:

IMAG0411.jpg

To this on the Sunday, same road and only a mile down the road! Sorry folks living in Glencaple, Dumfries because took out a telephone mast too! Complete write off, cant remember what category mind you but its a can now!

IMAG0432.jpgIMAG0439.jpg

Mini Cooper S sport
Preceded by "Watch this!" I assume?

Looks pretty smashed, hope you're OK.

ps that'll T-cut out.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They are strong at the front, luckily because that looks like a dry stone dyke you hit.

Full story of the accident please.

Ged

PD130 Peach
be right, nothing a hammer and some polish wont fix :) How old are you by the way and when abouts did you pass your test?

3 series, 172 Cup
Jackjack how did you know? Was a straightish road, doing a very legal *30mph*, went along the road hit the oil and bobs your uncle, straight into the wall and span down the road and ended up in a hedge. Very lucky to walk away mind, heavily concust (told the copper I hit a badger, he then shown me the whole in the wall) after my airbags failed to go off! The only consolation is that if there was a passenger in the car theirs would've went off.. typical!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Well if you're going to f*ck a car up, you might as well do it properly. ;)

At least there wasn't anyone else involved
and you only destroyed a wall and telegraph pole and not someone else's car, apart from your own.

3 series, 172 Cup
Only 19 so and passed when I was 17, definetly not experienced like a lot of those who have been driving for years. Being younger I thought I was indestructible, this was in September btw! Been a while since I was last on here haha!

Why did you leave the road if it was straight and you hit some oil?

Not trolling, but I'm surprised at 30mph with the wheels straight that it would cause the car to lose control.

3 series, 172 Cup
Braked and the rear started to swing, thats how on a straight road I went left haha! Thats the telegraph pole though and the house on the left at the time was on sale thankfully as no one was inside at the time

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Your insurance might have to cover the rebuilding of that wall aswell as paying for your car.

You're going to get bum raped the next time you try to get insurance. :(

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Because the car lost control and was aquaplaning. Just didin't think at the time, would've been so much different if I hadnt!

Well at least you now know that going anywhere near the brakes is the last thing you do when aquaplaning,
just lift off the throttle and concentrate on keeping the thing in a straight line.

You learn by your mistakes, we've all made them mate.

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
So wait, you hit oil and aquaplaned?! That was really unlucky...

Edit: my guess, you were nailing it round the slight bend, lifted off, back end swung, you tried to correct it. You failed. You ran out of talent and you crashed? Good job though. Glad to hear your ok.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
So wait, you hit oil and aquaplaned?! That was really unlucky...

Edit: my guess, you were nailing it round the slight bend, lifted off, back end swung, you tried to correct it. You failed. You ran out of talent and you crashed? Good job though. Glad to hear your ok.

According to him he was diving in a straight line at a normal speed, hit some oil,
it got all squirmy on him, he touched the brakes, totally lost control and binned it.

There's no reason not to believe him tbh, he's young and made a mistake, it happens.