ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bitcoins (and other crypto currencies)

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
its a bit unusual.

But one you need to verify your number, go to profile, then say verify number, send the text and it will be fine.

Next you'll need share your number to (us, group wise), then add each other to each others circle.

Then it looks like it mines a higher rate.

Seems all a bit backwards overall.

Anybody on here actually run a mining rig?
I’ve still got a small one running. Powered by solar and battery backup so anything it generates is practically free.

To earn any decent money you need to spend thousands on the kit and the electricity to power it. Cloud mining is a option as well.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I’ve still got a small one running. Powered by solar and battery backup so anything it generates is practically free.

To earn any decent money you need to spend thousands on the kit and the electricity to power it. Cloud mining is a option as well.

If I was in invest 4-8k on a proper rig what do you think realistically it would return daily gross?

If I was in invest 4-8k on a proper rig what do you think realistically it would return daily gross?
If you bought something like an antminer s19 pro which is around £4500, it would pay for itself in less than a year ( depending on the price of Bitcoin and the amount mined).

Here is an example. You can change currency and electricity costs at the bottom go the page:

It would also reduce your heating bills :ROFLMAO:

This is by no means me saying you should go for it. Do plenty of research first.

Bmw 330d
F958B9FB-1B04-43A6-9DC0-7C38FF5539AC.jpeg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
@Ant1 a lad I work with took a Dell R420 and 2 Cisco 2960-S' home to use. He spends over £50 alone each month running that server and those 2 switches

Baring in mind an R420 has 2 550w PSU's and only 1 of them is really used at any one time. That miner has 1 x 3500W PSU... 😂 So unless you're tapping off the lampost outside I think you might as well not bother. Obviously my personal opinion but there are far easier ways to make extra cash like shaving old mens arses

If you ran that b*****d for 12 hours a day it would cost you about ~£7 of leccy... per day 😂

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Well the xrp pump and dump was amazing. I watched it all the way through and I shorted the dump. Absolutely profitable and I'm glad I did as what idiots would join that scheme. Yes the big bag holders who wanted to offload their own and raise as much profit as possible at the expense of the wee guy.

Happened as predicted and people where super shocked. Stupid.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Right. I've had a check what's in my accounts (f**k all it would seem) but what's the best way to consolidate it into one?
Coinbase and Binance.
I think this is what I own? Literally pennies in some.
Screenshot_20210202-010901.png

Screenshot_20210202-010958.png

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
If you bought something like an antminer s19 pro which is around £4500, it would pay for itself in less than a year ( depending on the price of Bitcoin and the amount mined).

Here is an example. You can change currency and electricity costs at the bottom go the page:

It would also reduce your heating bills :ROFLMAO:

This is by no means me saying you should go for it. Do plenty of research first.

So I guess there are two reasons not to buy one:

1 - you don’t have the money in the first place
2 - it makes you $27 a day when Bitcoin is $34k so if that plummets profit does too. However it means Bitcoin can go down to about $20k before it costs more to run than it mines

Hmm think I may well do some more research.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Im telling you, its expensive to run a miner, not to mention the noise is unreal. My room was sat at 40 degrees ALL the time, even with ventilation and direct pipes out. Upside was i could dry a washing in about 2 hours.

I got my miner for 2.5K of BCH when it was valuable, glad i did and profited from it now. But back then it was breaking even and then declined, still ran it until i decided i needed the office space back.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Im telling you, its expensive to run a miner, not to mention the noise is unreal. My room was sat at 40 degrees ALL the time, even with ventilation and direct pipes out. Upside was i could dry a washing in about 2 hours.

I got my miner for 2.5K of BCH when it was valuable, glad i did and profited from it now. But back then it was breaking even and then declined, still ran it until i decided i needed the office space back.
People see it as a quick buck

Its even better at work when a customer tries to crypto-mine on their server, we pick up on it almost instantly and their contract is terminated. Luckily employees don't get fucked for it, a lad that did work here had his box chugging away making him about £1 a day just slowly CPU mining. He never got caught but for the time he spent messing about he could have just picked up 2 more night shifts a year and earnt all that money without doing anything 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I thought I'd buy some the other day - far too much grief and hassle. 3 companies didn't even send the set up emails they said they needed to.

Bmw 330d
Am finally over £25k now 😀. Cheers Elon, feel free to buy some more!
I broke $50k today, one for the history books! Next stop 100!
He'll more likely be selling once his hype has pushed the price up enough
Doubtful. If he was fussed about making money from buying BTC he’d have bought at the $32k level when he added it to his Twitter bio last week. He’s already made a huge loss by waiting and buying at $38/39k.