ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 1.2 16v. Not for long....

Nah sorry ill be on my way to Tunisia by then:(

OT: saw it last night Billy looks good, keep the roof black and get the bumper done and it'll be spot on!

Really ha ha, where about did you see me? Yeah im thinking of keeping the roof black. Gives a good contrast i think.
Also what kind of alloys do you have for sale mate ?

Looking good mate. Lovely unique colour. You painting your original wheels ice white??

Thanks mate. I really like the colour too, was a bit of a risk with such a light unique colour but it definitely gets a lot of attention. Yeah for the time being ill spray my original wheels ice white. just until i can offered a decent set.

Clio Sport Rep
Thanks mate. I really like the colour too, was a bit of a risk with such a light unique colour but it definitely gets a lot of attention. Yeah for the time being ill spray my original wheels ice white. just until i can offered a decent set.

Bet it gets alot of attention :) What set of wheels are you looking to get?

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Really ha ha, where about did you see me? Yeah im thinking of keeping the roof black. Gives a good contrast i think.
Also what kind of alloys do you have for sale mate ?

I have team dynamics pro race 1.2's with a polished lip (black centres and black writing) some keskin kt5's, the standard newer style to yours dynamique wheels, the newer shape clio dynamique wheels(16's)x2 sets...

Edit: saw you at mcd's man was in a mates car

I have team dynamics pro race 1.2's with a polished lip (black centres and black writing) some keskin kt5's, the standard newer style to yours dynamique wheels, the newer shape clio dynamique wheels(16's)x2 sets...

Edit: saw you at mcd's man was in a mates car

Ill go google they wheels and see what like, just to get a rough idea of what will and wont look good, im constantly on ebay looking at alloys llf.

Ahh right haha i was there for a while like, yeah i was parked next to a glanza on green rota's

Just ordered a set of new alloys :) took delivery of the spigot rings yesterday and hopefully the alloys will be here by the end of the week. will post pics as soon as they arrive,
then get them fitted as soon as possible.

Car still not fully wrapped but progress should continue soon.

Got woken bye the delivery guy this morning.;)
New set of wheels just couldn't wait to get them on

DSCF0050_zps85b78e02.jpg

DSCF0049_zps47b57a23.jpg

Wont be on the car for a while as iv handed them in to get a full refurb,respray and ordered new tyres.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I clicked on this thread half hoping to see an engine conversion. Looks pretty good though, although I agree the whole car should be the same colour.

Clio 172
hello mate, good job on the wrap!!

You've inspired me to finally wrap my whole car, Ive been thinking about doing it for a while but with many other cars i've owned!

Just ordered Matte anthracite, but were im about to move house its going to be a work in progress.. couple of questions :

1. how hard was this to do? (I tint windows regularly and wrap roofs a lot, so hopefully this should give me a head start)
2. have you done the door shuts and what were they like to do?
3. how much wrap did you use roughly?

cheers
Simon

hello mate, good job on the wrap!! You've inspired me to finally wrap my whole car, Ive been thinking about doing it for a while but with many other cars i've owned! Just ordered Matte anthracite, but were im about to move house its going to be a work in progress.. couple of questions : 1. how hard was this to do? (I tint windows regularly and wrap roofs a lot, so hopefully this should give me a head start) 2. have you done the door shuts and what were they like to do? 3. how much wrap did you use roughly? cheers Simon

Hi , cheers mate
I thought it was a long shot when i started the wrap, but with the help of my brother he has wrapped a few cars, hes a window tinter as well and says its a big help. as you will no curving a flat piece of film isn't as easy as it sounds, but its like tinting but on a bigger scale. Some of the car was difficult especially the rear quarter panels, just cos of the size of them and how the start at basically the front wings and end at the rear of the car. its an awkward shape to get round. the front bumper is also a difficult part but a sport bumper would probably be simpler as their is less going on with the lower grill. On my car i have left the door shuts, inside of the boot and underneath the bonnet for just now as they do look a bit tricky but i might do them at one point. From start to finish though it took roughly 4 days to wrap the whole car. I bought 15 meters of wrap which was enough but you'll end up with odds and ends with the amount you have to cut off, these help do the spoiler, wing mirrors e.t.c. After seeing the result it does though, basically making the car look brand new but to your own taste, i would say its definitely worth it.

Cheers
​Billy

A bit late at uploading the following pics.

But had french performance at knockhill on Sunday and had to the get the car complete. so on Thursday i had finally got my window working good as normal and refitted my wind deflector. Friday i had taken all my wheels off to give them a quick coat of paint, now this is only temporary untill my new wheels get back from being powder coated but none the less i thought it was a vast improvement

DSCF0053_zpsd982edbc.jpg

DSCF0051_zps6e51811c.jpg

DSCF0052_zps29fd9484.jpg

By Saturday tea time i still needed to get the front bumper done, so had to get in touch with my brother and the both of us got straight in the workshop and got straight to work and by half 9 the car wrap was complete.

DSCF0054_zps453b55aa.jpg

DSCF0057_zps524d5992.jpg

Now i still had to go home and refit my splitter, wash the car for Sunday and hoover out all the interior, that all kinda failed though. Woke up at 5 in the morning on sunday and went out side and jacked the car up and got the splitter fitted then went and got the bucket and hose out got the whole car washed and cleaned. then too top it off gave the whole car a polish to bring the colour of the vinyl wrap right out.

A nice shiny morning shot, really happy with how it turned out.

DSCF0061_zps612736e7.jpg

and finally a couple of the car on the stand when i got to knockhill

DSCF0071_zps90e3c583.jpg

DSCF0148_zpsef68e404.jpg

All i need now is my new alloys to be ready and hopefully get rid of my lowering springs and get coilovers and spacers :)

Raging! :banghead: as driving back from arbroath last night in seriously think fog. All of a sudden out of nowhere all i see is bugs bunny hopping towards the car. Ended up hitting it, no way of avoiding it. Massive bang and one hell of a lot of scraping, stopped got out to see the damage. Splitter hanging off, bumper cracked in a couple of places and the front belly plastic dragging across the ground.

Luckily their actually wasn't much damage to the car today when i looked at it. Tightened the splitter back on and i know this isn't big or that but its annoying the life out of me just because i know its there.

DSCF0182_zpsfce01cdd.jpg

Then noticed the front belly plastic was near enough off so just removed it anyway.

DSCF0184_zps9e1e0c46.jpg

Now have an excuse to get a new bumper :)

Decided i do want a new front bumper, Not sure if i should get a sport bumper or mk2 ph3 or an idea i have had for a couple of days. Go to the nearest scrappies get a cheap bumper, sand it all down and start filling and smoothing bits off to give it a euro look ;).

Decided i do want a new front bumper, Not sure if i should get a sport bumper or mk2 ph3 or an idea i have had for a couple of days. Go to the nearest scrappies get a cheap bumper, sand it all down and start filling and smoothing bits off to give it a euro look ;).

the mk2ph3 might be the right one if you decide to smooth it i guess, and a good one if you dont. With the sport bumper you need the wings tho, so that's to consider.

the mk2ph3 might be the right one if you decide to smooth it i guess, and a good one if you dont. With the sport bumper you need the wings tho, so that's to consider.

Might go for the mk2 ph3 one then. Definitely want to go smooth though, Seen a gold colour Clio at Scottish modified car show DSCF0140.jpg( don't know if its anyone's on here) but took a serious liking to it.

I know its a mk2 ph2 but don't really want to copy, Plus im sure i can make a ph3 bumper unique and look good... I hope llf

Well today i received a set of 25mm spacers and have also received my alloys back all refurbished and powder coated :) Personally i think they look amazing,a really good job well done all thanks to Frasers bodyshop in Arbroath. I'm sure hes on here so if your reading this then thanks a lot, i am chuffed to bits with them and yous have done a great job.

A few pics of my alloy, just need to get new tyres.

DSCF0187_zps57c036a2.jpg

DSCF0188_zps3400e784.jpg

DSCF0189_zps904ff024.jpg

DSCF0190_zps8bb329ed.jpg

DSCF0191_zps3a0de7fe.jpg

Got my Delte Mics 25mm spacers fitted today and the fill my arches perfectly and almost flush with the body work, easy to fit and have improved the handling of my car, its only the rears i have on just now though. just waiting to get the front ones.

DSCF0186_zpsbc69861b.jpg

DSCF0192_zps829f8201.jpg

DSCF0194_zps2ed19ace.jpg

DSCF0195_zps01194aeb.jpg

I love how the rear of my car looks now in this last picture :)

DSCF0193_zps5308e993.jpg

That all for this little update, next i will hopefully have the front spacers on. might have tyres on my alloys and hopefully have them fitted too.

Well today i De-Wipered the rear of the car and also tinted my rear lights red, Really happy with how these have turned out actually. Also i have fitted the front spacers :). Really liking how everything is coming together. hopefully have some pictures up as soon as possible