ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 1.2 16v. Not for long....

Bit of a boring little update but after my new clutch and my car passing its m.o.t i have decided to do a bit of maintenance. Away to get fitted are a new radiator,timing belt,spark plugs and its going to get an oil change.

Also decided to treat my self/car to coilovers and probably sell the lowering spring that are on just now.

Progress is slow atm as having to pay off many garage bills, due to all the servicing i have been wanting done. Also have road tax to pay off. Unfortunately had to put 2 of my dynamique wheels back on due to pothole damage! The roads seem to be literally riddled with them these days.

Progress to come though

Will be

Fix sunroof
Fit coilovers when they arrive
Make a cold air feed
Buy alloy foot rest and maybe sport pedals
Renault sport mats and sill covers
Re wrap dash in suede
New front bumper not too sure what kind yet
Trophy replica spoiler

Maybe a few other things not too sure yet. Any suggestions ideas are welcome though

Clio Campus Phase2
great tread Wee_Billy! since in Brazil we don't have the sunroof option, could you please post some pictures of the inside trim? I'm considering make my a sunroof clio... =]

thanks!

Was looking through the loft today and noticed a lot of leftover fabric from doing my a pillars, so though i would take some interior trim pieces off and wrap them.

i done my hand brake cover, the interior pieces that cover the plug for the electric mirrors and also done the plastics on the side of the window as well. I'm actually really surprised on how it turned out, heres a few pics. images are not that great so once i re-wrap the dash and maybe some more bits ill get better pics

WP_20140215_001_zps376f869c.jpg

WP_20140215_004_zps19684956.jpg

WP_20140215_007_zpscaa31478.jpg

WP_20140215_010_zpsf3ece6f1.jpg

WP_20140215_012_zps529f9ec4.jpg

WP_20140215_003_zps7e65782c.jpg

also excuse the dirt of the car llf, with all the maintenance and that i have been doing and with the bad weather and especially this week with having a job interview for honda in dundee (which went well) i have been basically glued next to the phone,so not really had a chance to clean it.

Woke up this morning and got my coilovers delivered :), it said in the add it would come with 2 bearings but they don't appear to be in the kit. So im going to buy 2 new top mounts anyway (anyone know good places to get them?).

Hopefully get these fitted as soon as!

Attachments

• WP_20140220_002.jpg
    WP_20140220_002.jpg
    583.8 KB · Views: 128
Woke up this morning and got my coilovers delivered :), it said in the add it would come with 2 bearings but they don't appear to be in the kit. So im going to buy 2 new top mounts anyway (anyone know good places to get them?).

Hopefully get these fitted as soon as!

Try eBay mate, unless you wanna spalsh out on solid mounts, but I wouldn't bother

I was thinking about solid ones till unseen the price and really i doubt it would be worth it, its only a 1.2, was looking on ebay earlier but not really too sure on what ones to order. Don't want to end up wasting.money on the wrong thing llf.

What to you use to stick the fabric to the plastic?

The stuff i used is self adhesive mate, its extremely sticky. The min 2 parts of the fabric stick together your basically f*****. You don't really get second chances with it. It comes in a 1 meter roll by a meter and a half. So you cam actually get loads done from it.

If you don't fancy the self adhesive stuff then you could get the fabric and also buy fabric glue or some sort of fabric adhesive. Not really done it this way but im sure the finished product will just look the same.

The stuff i used is self adhesive mate, its extremely sticky. The min 2 parts of the fabric stick together your basically f*****. You don't really get second chances with it. It comes in a 1 meter roll by a meter and a half. So you cam actually get loads done from it.

If you don't fancy the self adhesive stuff then you could get the fabric and also buy fabric glue or some sort of fabric adhesive. Not really done it this way but im sure the finished product will just look the same.

Cheers mate.
Any chance you can supply me with a link for the fabric?

Quick update here

Right the car has been in a sorry looking state for the past few months and haven't really had the time to wash it or put my refurbed wheels back on. so today i decided to get up early and do a few things that needed done, and a few additions to the car as well.

Ill start with the additions.

My headlights are all grubby and hazy and originally i was going to restore them but decided im just going to replace them so for the time being i thought i would be different as not really seen a clio with this fitted. I went and got a black fly eye kit. Feel free to give your thoughts people.

WP_20140226_001_zps1f9384e8.jpg

WP_20140226_002_zps1a985089.jpg

How it looks in the daylight (I have better pics further down this update)

WP_20140226_003_zps0f014fbc.jpg

Personally i like it, i think its a good contrast with the black and "baby blue" colour scheme

Next on my list to do was gut out that interior as to be honest it was a mess. so i got all that hoovered up and polished and steam cleaned. Also got a set of new mats from home bargains £3.99! Not the best but they will do the job for just now.

DSCF0010_zps1183d449.jpg

Also in the interior my gear stick gaitor was loose, So quick fix i used was drill two holes in the bottom edge and out two screws in the wholes and then put the gaitor back in so the screws catch under the plastic trim. then it will never come out again.

2nd on the list was to get my refurbed wheels looking immaculate, almost achieved this but can't seems to get a mark off one of them when it was on the balancing machine.
but any way heres a couple of pics of the wheels personally i like how they have cleaned up

DSCF0007_zps36d23a0f.jpg

DSCF0008_zps0e55de80.jpg

DSCF0006_zps4e4fe506.jpg

DSCF0005_zps9663d2e6.jpg

Right after this i got the blue vinyl wrap out and re-wrapped my side bullets in blue instead of white. Also removed the sticker that was on my sunstrip (Began to hate it!) Then finally get the hose,bucket and cleaning stuff out and give the car its first wash of the year! it was in desperate need of it, The vinyl actually changed colour whilst washing it was that dirty. also bolted my splitter back on instead of screwing it in as was getting fed up of it falling off all the time.

WP_20140301_001_zpsc4d9589c.jpg

WP_20140301_003_zps33b40f76.jpg

WP_20140301_002_zpsa5336cde.jpg

Well thats it for just now untill i get my coilovers fitted. Also on the look out for a new front bumper as mine is totally f****d after a run in with a rabbit :(.

Clio Campus Phase2
that's a very interesting upgrade on the headlights... =]

still waiting for those sunroof pictures Billy! =]

that's a very interesting upgrade on the headlights... =]

still waiting for those sunroof pictures Billy! =]

I have the photos for you, i will post them up tonight after work.

Phones not letting me upload them or anything so ill have to wait until i get home to use the laptop.

Dunno if the pics i have took will be much use like but if you need better ones i can easily take more.

Clio Campus Phase2
interesting!

thanks for the pictures! your sunroof is the "tilt" version, am I correct? the electrical one is available in any Clio mk2? what are the "measurements" of your sunroof, I mean the size of it...

thanks again for the photos!

Update time!

Finally got round to fitting my coilovers, was actually a bit worried about fitting them my self but after all the time and effort me and a couple of mates put into doing the job. im really happy with the outcome.

It all started with the backs which were basically in and out in minutes. unfortunately i didn't take many pictures but i have few bust of you on here will get the gist as its been covered on here time and time again.

but anyway old out

temporary_zpse896d941.jpg

new spring and shock absorber in

temporary_zps35ede612.jpg

lowered the car and jacked up the front and started on the front struts. first of all loosened off the top mounts

temporary_zps91e2325b.jpg

^^ passenger side one was a total nightmare! the nut ended up getting rounded off and basically the only way we could have got it off was to destroy it! unfortunately i dont have a pic of the outcome of this but believe me it was a mess by the time we were finished with it, basically 4 hours of me n a couple of hours chiseling and partly destroying this nut, then eventually calling my other mate (a heavy plant mechanic and quarry worker ) who basically got a hammer half the height of me and literally battered the s*** out of it and within 5 mins it was off.

back to the driverside now. luckily everything was plain sailing at this side so i loosened the two hub bolts and got all the pipes out the way.

temporary_zpsfa8c3844.jpg

temporary_zpsb49a2251.jpg

Now i was not expecting a pretty sight when this came out as their was a hell of a lot of clunking and banging when driving coming from this strut but i wasn't expecting this!

temporary_zps1491ff24.jpg

was actually really surprised that never fell off the strut or snapped on a coil, so anyway got the new coilovers out the box and built them off and done the same on the other side and basically just put everything back together the way it should.

temporary_zpsa9795133.jpg

temporary_zpsd4a37c8d.jpg

temporary_zps2fe848b2.jpg

temporary_zpsd1348ba0.jpg

first of all i had lowered it to basically the same height the car it is just now to see what like but then after a fair bit of persuasion from my mates i dropped it to a fair bit more and heres the final outcome :) comments or criticism welcome really not too bothered its not as harsh as people were making out it would be and i can put up with the rebound no bother at all, doesnt annoy me one bit.

temporary_zps56c7d3cf.jpg

temporary_zpse67f4bfb.jpg

temporary_zpsb9b75475.jpg

temporary_zps6bc30a29.jpg

cheeky pic at work

temporary_zps5e272aeb.jpg

and after all that my mate decides he wants my old springs so....

the whole process starts again! also since he helped on my car i decided to tint his fogs for him.

temporary_zps5327842a.jpg

and then with the new front and back springs in

temporary_zps86e4e80c.jpg

temporary_zps9ec1a95a.jpg

60mm at the front and 50mm at the back

Last edited:
Nah i didn't bother with the rear adjusters tbh. I heard that the rear doesn't go that low so just used the springs, adjusters are now sitting in my tool box. My alloys are 15" with 195/45/15 tyres (nankang ultra sport ns2) get them for a good price on ebay and their actually pretty good tbh, reviews for them aren't good but i haven't had any problems and i have used then in snowy conditions

Heres a few more pics after a wash, I'll upload pics of my arches as well to show how low i have it (not having any problems when driving at this height)

Front of car

DSCF00031_zpsd416226c.jpg

Rears

temporary_zpsa2a8d67b.jpg

Fronts

temporary_zps9526ee46.jpg

temporary_zps0d184d23.jpg

Can't fit locking wheel nut key under the splitter (chavvy pic ;) )

temporary_zps2f321881.jpg

Few pics front and back

temporary_zpsb338427f.jpg

temporary_zpsada01f61.jpg

temporary_zps38eb1a41.jpg

temporary_zps5fbf1692.jpg

temporary_zps8c9e59b4.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
The punto is officially the most desirable thing on those pictures!