ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 1.2 16v. Not for long....

Here is my Black 1.2 16v Billabong. had it since January. The car has a few mods such as 60/40 LO Lowering springs, Espace splitter, Team Heko wind deflectors, Neon Blue Dynamique wheels, 195/50/15 tyres, TRS tow strap, 172 interior and dash trims, Sony head unit, H.I.D look bulb kit, SMD number plate light, SMD glove box and boot lights, Low and slow sticker, 3mm Bee sting Aerial, Black badges, White 16v Badges, Neon Blue engine and fuse box covers and some other little things here and there. the car was fitted with a sniper performance 3" race can and race tube but had to be removed due to the insanely loud racket it made.

Photo-0006_e3_zps5e23b034.jpg

Photo-0003_e1_e1_zpsccbe8b4b.jpg

Iv began to get a bit bored of how the car is looking and have decided its time for a serious make over :). At first i was struggling to think of ideas and then decided i wanted the car to be unique, hopefully like no one elses. Ended up spending a fair bit of money and hope it pays off.

Photo-0001_zps1b43f780.jpg

20 meters of Baby Blue Vinyl Wrap.My brother does vinyl wrapping as homers so the both of us will be wrapping the car. The car will be getting wrapped as soon as possible. Hopefully be done before August as their is still a few shows and that i want to go to and hopefully take the car to once its all finished. I'm hoping its going to turn heads when its on the roads but just need to wait and see.

Also ordered is a new rear number plate light housing, all red rear lights and also....

c39993dd-261e-4ed5-b396-7b5fa998cdab_zps9bd36ed2.jpg

A new set of metal pressed plates.Hopefully these will freshen up the look of the car. I'm looking to get the rear Clio badge removed and the side bullets smoothed. I will also be De-stickering the car and restoring the front headlights. Also will either be getting the dynamique wheels sprayed white or be getting a new set of wheels, been looking at Renault 19 turbines, 16v turbines, 21 turbines, Williams wheels, Ats cups and a few others but i am fairly undecided. any wheel suggestions welcome and appreciated. Was also looking at these i think theyre megane wheels (correct me if i am wrong). no matter what i choose they will end up white.

T2eC16NHJHoFGlHTCthBR4bmO1p4Q60_12_zps171c5646.jpg

Last edited:
  Dynamique 1.2 16v
Yeah billy is right. Dish it! Some Rota Cops would br nice if you can afford :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373962864231.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373962864231.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 274
Cheers for the comments. I'm hoping the colour will look really nice when done like. As for wheels im going to get as much overtime as possible at my work to save up fora really nice decent set, Just wanting it to look fresh :)

Got a few things in the post today. Received my new rear number light holder, H.I.D Look kit as the one i already have had a blown headlight bulb.

Photo-0002_zpsd151ec0a.jpg

Was going to wait till the car was wrapped until i fitted it but i couldn't stand the sight of my old grubby bulb holder any longer.

Photo-0003_zpsb9e34777.jpg

Put in a 16x SMD Bulb instead of the normal one i got with it.

Photo-0004_zps1aaac986.jpg

Fitted and looking much better and at night looking much brighter.

7e880b15-4588-47c6-a031-fe4a6a4b064c_zps2cb3da4c.jpg

Next to come will be the new rear lights and then after the weekend i will hopefully get started on the vinyl wrapping.

A quick update

Monday morning came and found out i couldn't get the wrapping started till Tuesday morning. So i set about getting some parts removed

This is the last time the car will look like this.

DSCF0001_zps1280d20e.jpg

Jacked the car up and removed the splitter

DSCF0002_zpsbc554499.jpg

Removed side mouldings

DSCF0004_zpsbeca8d30.jpg

Removed "clio" badge

DSCF0006_zps43bbeefd.jpg

Tuesday came and the wrapping started. 7.45 got the car all de-tarred and cleaned and started straight away and got the bonnet done in an hour.

DSCF0009_zps2b5844b5.jpg

After the bonnet got another two pieces of vinyl cut and got the two front wings done

DSCF0010_zpsdf28ffa7.jpg

DSCF0011_zps8f34cabb.jpg

after that the rear quarter panel got covered in vinyl and smoothed as much as possible and cut roughly to shape

DSCF0013_zps88a56438.jpg

DSCF0014_zps5aa09de1.jpg

and then after a lot of pulling stretching and smoothing we got that finished and also managed to get the door done as well

DSCF0015_zpse022fd03.jpg

with the handle removed at the time we got that wrapped as well and then fitted it back on

DSCF0016_zps25d57e72.jpg

next to do will be boot lid, door mirror then on the driver side the petrol cap and hopefully door and rear quarter panel.

Another update on the black/blue clio.

Couple of more days of getting up early and into the workshop to try and get the car done for the weekend. Unfortunately we weren't on schedule so it will be getting finished off when me and my brother have time to spare but we feel as if we have managed a lot in 4 days.

So we got started on the other side of the car and decided to try and wrap the petrol cap the rear quarter and the door all in one go and just cut round and heat up and stretch the edges. we have never tried this before and were unsure of what the result would be.

We applied the wrap along the whole area needed done and the got a nice smooth line so we had a guide and something to work with

DSCF0020_zpsaac1e788.jpg

t
hen started smoothing upwards and down wards a bit so it started to take shape.

DSCF0019_zps18c61248.jpg

after that we had to stretch round the back of the car just so it would all cover and have a bit of excess so we didn't run short.

DSCF0018_zpsaf8baa5b.jpg

then we heated it all up smoothed along every part of the car and cut every peice to shape till we seen the finished result. Then it was just a case of tidying up all the edges so no lines or that were visible.

and before we knew it a whole side was done.

DSCF0021_zps11f3c48f.jpg

Next we got straight into finishing off the rear of the car and got started on the bumper and rear plastic trim.
Same as always, Apply smooth stretch round edges and then we got the rear bumper done in about 45mins

DSCF0024_zps33e52158.jpg

DSCF0027_zpsce5d650f.jpg

With the rear end and driver side complete we noticed how much work and time and effort we had really put in this car and both decided it looks really good.
We then got stuck into doing all the door trims and the spoiler.

so we got the rears done first

DSCF0028_zpsc58893c7.jpg

and for the side bullets, well i decided to go use the air sander in the workshop ;)

DSCF0029_zpsfcc7f978.jpg

Got them smoothed and wrapped in ice white

DSCF0030_zpsd6b8d813.jpg

We still have the front bumper to do but as i mentioned that will have to be done at a later date.
Also undecided on what colour for the roof it will either be left black , wrapped blue or white.
Then to finish it all off the alloys will be getting powder coated white aswell.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Great work mate, how long does it take to wrap a clio start to finish? What is the cost of materials and labour? Its something I've contemplated in the past..

The colour isnt my thing, but i really do admire what you and your brother have achieved so far!

Looking forward to the finished product :)

Thanks a lot :), Yeah alot of time and effort has went into the whole wrap. upto now havent wasted any bits or had to remove and re apply.

Hopefully the car will look great when done. Its certainly different anyway haha.

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Top effort billy. If you need any parts, coilovers, body parts etc. gives a shout...
Greg

Great work mate, how long does it take to wrap a clio start to finish? What is the cost of materials and labour? Its something I've contemplated in the past..

Cheers mate, Well with just the two of us. we started on Tuesday, then from every morning at nine till about four in the afternoon we worked non stop. It roughly takes about an hour a panel or sometimes longer on the complexity of the panel. The curvyness of the car really didn't help.

The materials we used were from MDP supplies and depending on colours and finishes the prices vary.

The prices of a full wrap varies again n the size of the car and all that, but what my prices my brother charges as he does wrapping for homers, Is around £600.

Thats a new window regulator ordered as my driver side window is totally knackered, going up side ways, coming of the rails and falling down every time i go over a pothole :banghead:

Also ordered ice white alloy wheel paint so should get my alloys done as soon as possible ;)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Cheers mate, Well with just the two of us. we started on Tuesday, then from every morning at nine till about four in the afternoon we worked non stop. It roughly takes about an hour a panel or sometimes longer on the complexity of the panel. The curvyness of the car really didn't help.

The materials we used were from MDP supplies and depending on colours and finishes the prices vary.

The prices of a full wrap varies again n the size of the car and all that, but what my prices my brother charges as he does wrapping for homers, Is around £600.

Where are you guys based. . Nowhere near me I'm guessing :)

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Thats a new window regulator ordered as my driver side window is totally knackered, going up side ways, coming of the rails and falling down every time i go over a pothole :banghead:

Also ordered ice white alloy wheel paint so should get my alloys done as soon as possible ;)

Haha why buy one? Take mines? Honestly man, mines is just sitting there acquiring more dents as I walk past! Type of alloys you got? Sell you a set? I have 4 sets :|

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
No 18th of August

Check the Scottish section for details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Nah sorry ill be on my way to Tunisia by then:(

OT: saw it last night Billy looks good, keep the roof black and get the bumper done and it'll be spot on!