ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 172 Track Car Project

you mean TUV, not TV.

And everyone is saying all these new rules/regs are just scare tactics like previous years which I did already know about...which they may be.

Although, from owning a 15/16 year old Mk1 Clio with an OTT cage, cut out panels, no doorcards and polycarb windows is just going to draw attention to myself compared to a (newer) 172. My decision was f*ck driving 1000+ miles to be turned away tbh!

Mk1 F4R
You cancelled your trip because of that? Lol

More of a group decision like foxy said

Would suck so so much to get there and have to turn around at the gate though.

Thats wot we were thinking

you mean TUV, not TV.

And everyone is saying all these new rules/regs are just scare tactics like previous years which I did already know about...which they may be.

Although, from owning a 15/16 year old Mk1 Clio with an OTT cage, cut out panels, no doorcards and polycarb windows is just going to draw attention to myself compared to a (newer) 172. My decision was f*ck driving 1000+ miles to be turned away tbh!

yep true this is why we decided not to go as at least 3 of the cars in the group may/maynot get on
Forgot it was called tuv

I wouldnt worry too much about it, if not i will have a few passenger laps in friends cars.

I would be going either way, with or without my car

If I had a 'decent' every day car I would have done for a few weeks 110% no doubt about it, but fu*k driving round europe in the Mk1, lol.

I have no doubt it would make it, its not the breaking down im bothered about as I can just fix it... Its just the comfort factor especially being like a greenhouse in the sun ;)

e91 330d/type r mini
i feel for you as i have just been through all this with mine, there is so much more involved than what the pictures can show,every little job seems to take 5 times longer than you think. looking good though and will be worth it once its done :)

Right then, after not touching the car for a long time, got some major progress done. 'Borrowed' so much stuff from work to finally get these final bits done, almost there now to finally give it a drive but i am definately feeling the pinch!

Not that much left to do and i have forgot to take photos of the majority of stuff!

but anyway

Got all the loom back in

made two blanks at work for the firewall, dont have a welder at home so some sealant and rivets will do!

DSC01295.gif

DSC01309.gif

got the harness strengthening plates in

DSC01297.gif

DSC01299.gif

(excuse the dirt)

DSC01303.gif

new heated windscreen fitted

DSC01294.gif

Doorcards turned up

DSC01264.gif

got a hold of some rivnuts and a riv gun from work

DSC01270.gif

scary drilling carbon fibre!

DSC01271.gif

DSC01273.gif

DSC01277.gif

DSC01304.gif

Got the seats, subframes, sidemounts, harnesses in

DSC01327.gif

DSC01311.gif

DSC01312.gif

DSC01335.gif

Battery mounted (will paint holder when i get time)

DSC01331.gif

Grip tape down

DSC01329.gif

Engine bay sorted as i had to reroute the heater matrix hoses and ecm etc.

DSC01339.gif

Exhaust trial fitted and bumper cut, wish i had a dremel! took ages!

DSC01316.gif

DSC01318.gif

DSC01320.gif

got a new tail pipe to tig on at work to get rid of the mahoosive one!

DSC01342.gif

DSC01345.gif

Got the car started too, was nice to hear it run!

also got my dash back.... except there has been a slight mix up as mine was cut.... some poor folk will have mine now that has been cut, so need to get that sorted.

I was hoping to get it going for FCS but without the dash there will be no luck!

it looks good though!

DSC01323.gif

DSC01324.gif

considering last weekend it was like this!
thumbup1.gif

DSC01249.gif

DSC01251.gif

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
cracking work!

where did you get the grip tape from and doorcards from also?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Wow love this! Really need to get my inside painted after looking at yours, epic ;)

cheers for the comments, photos make it look a bit untidy.

yeah dash is gonna be a nightmare, such a shame as i am desperate to give it a go

doorcards are from performance trim

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
Looks very nice indeed, good work. Maybe see you on track sometime this year
Regards
Sam

Fix it. I shorted the some wiring out and it is completely kaput by the looks of things. Clocks dont work, windows wont move, one sidelight is on permanently. wipers dont work etc etc...... lol

Lost the love

Been a long time since i have updated. been on so many holidays in the past few month just aint had a chance

But here is a few little ones. Fixed the wiring problem but i have decided to trim it down now. so wll see if it still works at the weekend! :S

DSC02410.gif

DSC02411.gif

Trial fitted the dash, poor quality pictures

DSC01898.gif

and ordered these yesterday and they came today!

DSC02412.gif

yeah, depends how you fit them.i used riv nuts so i could use allen head bolts to take them on and off. you could velcro them on though

182 Turbo Project
Would they fall off etc? Are the holes cut out for the handle? Where have you fitted the switches for the windows and wing mirrors?