ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 182 - Cups packs - Scammonden Dam

H22A7 Accord Type R
Had a cracking run with a black 182 today. Not sure if the member will be on here or not, but hats off to you mate! That is the first time in a LONG time that anyone has been able to give me a good go up that road, let alone pull AWAY from me on the bends!!! Very Very impressed with the little 182's performance, and it is safe to say that you know the road as well as i do.

Great little run, cheers!!! Clio 1 - ATR 0!

:)

2 litre twin turbo estate
been up there myself today with my bro in the fabia bout 1 ish what time were you about bud??

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Had a cracking run with a black 182 today. Not sure if the member will be on here or not, but hats off to you mate! That is the first time in a LONG time that anyone has been able to give me a good go up that road, let alone pull AWAY from me on the bends!!! Very Very impressed with the little 182's performance, and it is safe to say that you know the road as well as i do.

Would that be New Hey road?

H22A7 Accord Type R
Road out of Outlane, up towards the moors / top car park, then straight on to continue towards Oldham??? we were coming back from Oldham direction - shame as its a better drive the other way.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Road out of Outlane, up towards the moors / top car park, then straight on to continue towards Oldham??? we were coming back from Oldham direction - shame as its a better drive the other way.

Thats the one, finishes in Denshaw. Its great road to have in my back garden (I live just off it in Outlane:D ). They do the paragliding up at the car park and theres some good places to take my mountain bike for a blast around there. 2 birds with one stone and all;) .

H22A7 Accord Type R
yea mate definately! ive been up there in the van before, with the bike in the back, then went for a ride around. Its 'interesting' at night also....... lots of random people parked up with steamy windows lol!!

Do you go to the new bismillah??? i am prone to a curry from there lol! Was there on Friday actually!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Is that the one in Outlane? (can tell I go there loads). If it is I always go to the chippy next door on Friday tea time.
Your right about the steamy windows up there later on :D

clio 182

That was me :) , hats off to you keeping up very few people do, I know that road very well.

H22A7 Accord Type R
Superb matey!!!!! We had just been to a jap car meet - which turned out to be a little crap to be honest.......so my blast home more than made up for it. I had been following that Octavia vRS for a fair few miles, and was waiting to have a pop at him........then noticed you pulled out behind him when i got stuck behind traffic. He wasnt playing at all was he.

Thanks for the run anyway, i could tell you know the road, the clio looked planted and we had a great laugh! Fantastic! Its a shame we weren't going in the other direction........i'd say the road is even better heading the other way. :)

clio 182
Defiantly agree with you its much better going the other way you can take much better lines around the corners.
I was waiting for that Octavia vRS to put is foot down and go for it but it was clear he just wanted to cruise around. I’m glad he wasn’t one of them sods that make it imposable to overtake though, the ones that accelerate down the straight bits.
Had a good day yesterday, grate drive:) .

H22A7 Accord Type R
Its even better at night - just need to beware of the sheep!! going the other direction, the 2 left handers - with the little wall on the inside - those are belting corners!! I had to get past that Berlingo to catch you up, at which time you pulled out the pass the Octy, then, well.....you know the rest :) The big saloon car was having to work hard believe me.....it doesnt do bad for its sheer size though :) It was funny, that second car that we caught up to, we were both scanning the road ahead, along the corner etc, noticed it was clear, so off we went once again! Fantastic lol.

Some of the biker boys are nutters up there in summer! Ive even seen a Ferrari up there, in the other direction unfortunately - that would have been fun to hear! ;)

clio 182
I know what you mean about the mad bikers I had one behind on the way back down and he stuck to the back off me but you could tell he was trying hard. Eventually had to let him past after the dam at the bottom.

The ATR was defiantly a quick car and was more than a match down the straight, at which point I glanced at the Speedo and called it a day.

I’ve had a bran new Ferrari behind me going the other way a few years ago which was fun. Athough the road is a bit to bumpy in some places for low cars like that though so they cant really push it, unless they want to wreck their cars.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
lol, will look out for the type r in future. I've only ever seen a 172 cup and a 182 in the same colour round here since I got mine.
the cup is probably me im allways playing up there when its sunny lol

Was it you that gave me a flash of the Hazards going from Outlane roundabout to Ainley Top roundabout about a month ago? You turned right just before Ainley Top.
Also saw one or tother tonight on my way from work. Didn't have my eyes on the ball so not sure if it was you or the 182:eek:

106 gti at the mo
yes that was me i was going to my mates up lindley watch out for his black ctr ya52gck its running 299bhp at the wheels and its still n/a

H22A7 Accord Type R
Ah yea, the straight where i passed, i have had 45mph out of it down there.......it really does come into its own on the fast uneven roads! although that road feels hideous after i've spent a week up the north of Scotland - spoiling myself lol! We should all arrange a little meet soon guys! :)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one:) , sounds like a beast of a type r. Maybe the carpark at the top of scami would make a good place for that mini meet sometime? (Daylight hours only;) )

Last edited:
  H22A7 Accord Type R
it would be an ideal meeting point, as we could get some cracking pics, then head up to the pub opposite the Indian for a drink and a natter! its nice up there - and plenty nice ladies if you get the right night! lol

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
it would be an ideal meeting point, as we could get some cracking pics, then head up to the pub opposite the Indian for a drink and a natter! its nice up there - and plenty nice ladies if you get the right night! lol

Sounds like a plan, I can do pretty much anytime, as long as theres abit of notice:D

H22A7 Accord Type R
i may even pop to the bismillah on the way home lol! I am up that road most of the time when im out in the car anyway. With the clocks changed, we have more daylight to play with, so it could even be a mid-week meet! :D

H22A7 Accord Type R
shut it you ya wee tart!!! i see you out in town with a differnet bint every weekend!!! ;)

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
It is about time there was a Hudds meet! Seems to be quite a few people in and around the area!