ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

black 182 who overtook me

Honda Civic Type R
ok who was it? about half 8 yesterday morning going towards epping from m11 roundabout. you are one crazy driver. i was in my black ctr driving along in the pouring rain when all of a sudden this madman in a clio comes screaming past me at probably about 80 and just managed to cut back in before being taken out by a lorry. it was actually quite funny. i couldn't risk driving like that in the wet though. thought about putting my foot down to catch you up but then decided against it. too much traffic and too much rain.

was it anyone on here you crazy fool:race: :rolleyes:

p.s just out of curiosity, does anyone else put there foot down in the rain. do the 182's have traction control coz my ctr doesn't and it is quite sh*t in the wet

BMW M4; S1000 RR
People say I drive fast whatever the conditions.

I had to ease up on the way to work a week ago though, kept aquaplaning and losing the back end round sharp corners... lol, my daily commute is like the nurburgring!!

C

clio172cup20

ozzie said:
ok who was it? about half 8 yesterday morning going towards epping from m11 roundabout. you are one crazy driver. i was in my black ctr driving along in the pouring rain when all of a sudden this madman in a clio comes screaming past me at probably about 80 and just managed to cut back in before being taken out by a lorry. it was actually quite funny. i couldn't risk driving like that in the wet though. thought about putting my foot down to catch you up but then decided against it. too much traffic and too much rain.

was it anyone on here you crazy fool:race: :rolleyes:

p.s just out of curiosity, does anyone else put there foot down in the rain. do the 182's have traction control coz my ctr doesn't and it is quite sh*t in the wet

Your in a ctr, you wouldn;t catch the 182 :p

Honda Civic Type R
clio172cup20 said:
Your in a ctr, you wouldn;t catch the 182 :p

i'll assume that's just a joke to try to get a response. but i'll respond anyway: my ctr would eat his 182 for lunch - fact:)

C

clio172cup20

ozzie said:
i'll assume that's just a joke to try to get a response. but i'll respond anyway: my ctr would eat his 182 for lunch - fact:)

My Cup eats CTR's for breakfast, lunch and dinner :D

Honda Civic Type R
clio172cup20 said:
My Cup eats CTR's for breakfast, lunch and dinner :D

fookin hell. that thing must be pretty fat then. must be the only cup that is heavier than a ff:eek:

Honda Civic Type R
i can only assume that it is not standard then mate. what have you done to it to make it such a hungry, type r devouring beast?????

ozzie said:
i can only assume that it is not standard then mate. what have you done to it to make it such a hungry, type r devouring beast?????

Any Cup would be evens with a CTR imo plus cups handle better so not much difference

Honda Civic Type R
Shaunbrass said:
Any Cup would be evens with a CTR imo plus cups handle better so not much difference

true about being even with a ctr mate. but notice how i said my ctr would eat his 182 for lunch. it's not exactly standard but he told me that i wouldn't have caught the 182 (strange how so many of you on this forum think that) so i just stated a fact. but yeah a cup and a ctr both standard would be even in a straight line for sure

^^^Not that many really think that. They're just baiting you ;)

From what I've heard (never come up againts one :( ) there is very little in it up to 90-100, then a type R is quicker. Think a clio may have the edge on handling though

C

clio172cup20

ozzie said:

Cams, Throttel body, exhaust, IK, Remap.

and stripted out !!!

Honda Civic Type R
that must be rapid mate. but i reckon i'd still have ya on the straight. it's a hard one to call though but i think i'd have the edge. do you know how much power and torque you're now running with that setup?

Clio 182 Full fat
i drive to epping every day from sawbridgeworth work at gates epping, i got a black 182 with exhaust wasnt me as i was driving through there at 7:30, but il keep my eyes open for you ozzie you drive through there often?

Honda Civic Type R
no mate i come home from work in the morning via the m11 and then take the harlow turn off. that time was a one off coz the traffic was ridiculous so i went the long way round to epping and then back roads into harlow. i'll look out for you though. flash me if you see me (not literally, just talking headlights here;) )

Honda Civic Type R
clio172cup20 said:
bhp is 223 - 227bhp

unsure on the torque!!!

0 - 62 in 5.921

yeah that sounds pretty quick mate. similar power figures to mine but less weight. my 0-60 is in the high 5's now. that is a lot of power you've gained there. i'm curious now. have you got individual throttle bodies or a larger bore single throttle body. oh and what's an IK?