ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

black and gold calipers

J

jakm15

sprayed my calipers black and highlighted the letters with gold, think it looks pretty smart. only problem was when i put the wheel back and snapped a bolt off so im droppin it of tomorrow its gonna have to be drilled out and if they cant its a new hub time.

DSC02656.gif

J

jakm15

sorted out my snapped bolt, £25, they couldn’t drill it or knock it out or twist it, it was too tight they had to strip my hub down, still only got 3 bolts though they are getting one delivered tomorrow so ill go and get it fitted tomorrow.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Good effort but not for me. Hardly looks black and why would you want to show of Lucas? A decent brand like Comp brakes or Brembos, but Lucas? No thanks.

If you like it though ignore me.

J

jakm15

Ye ill ignore you, reasons for the black, matt black doesn’t show up the imperfections as much as shiny also it was cheaper and I didn’t need to prime them; the gold is a nice touch and catches your attention to my effort. also its a 1.2 Clio you can’t get fast enough for the need for expensive brakes and I’m a 17yo apprentice and just paid 2 grand for the insurance so I’m making the most of what I’ve got as I’m now well and truly skint paying for a car and insurance.

I’m off my soap box now.......

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Join the club about insurance mate:clown: im 18yo apprentice with a 1.6 and 3 points.

Did you take them off to spray them, or just tape everything?

J

jakm15

3 points for speeding? Nope just put a wire brush bit in my drill attacked all the rust then sprayed everything in sight black lol. Painted the rubbers and the gap were you can see the pads and got quite allot on the disc but that just gets burnt off. When I cleaned it up I wire brushed the discs to and the brakes bite a bit better now.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
It was for a red light camera a few weeks after i passed my test. Why did you choose an aerosol over a tin and a paintbrush?

J

jakm15

those cameras are c*nts, errr it was easiest tbh and I sprayed the back springs and all other stuff that was black (or used to be black) and that big gurder thing what goes from one back wheel to the other as well.

J

jakm15

ye i did it too tight, it was my grans fault she said to me are you not doing them to tight and i said no i dont want my wheels fallin off and i dont think its possible for me to snap them . . . then about 5 mins later i snapped one. all sorted tho now

Good effort but not for me. Hardly looks black and why would you want to show of Lucas? A decent brand like Comp brakes or Brembos, but Lucas? No thanks.

If you like it though ignore me.

Looks good job you did there mate :)

But yeah i wandered why you'd want to flash off Lucas on the calipers too :S

But hey as long as your happy ;)