ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

Out of interest, why did you leave the Monster sticker on the back?

its the last one and i feel a little nostalgic about it :L it will be removed soon enough due to the respray but i want to keep it a little while until i get the courage to remove it and the surrounding lacquer because the vinyl grips to lacquer like no bodys business :L

and thanks guys i knew you would all appreciate the grille :D just debating on something the missus suggested which was to colour code the grille... bear with me though as it sounds strange at first but looking at the grille myself i couldnt help but think it would look nice colour coded but i have never seen it done...

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
its the last one and i feel a little nostalgic about it :L it will be removed soon enough due to the respray but i want to keep it a little while until i get the courage to remove it and the surrounding lacquer because the vinyl grips to lacquer like no bodys business :L

and thanks guys i knew you would all appreciate the grille :D just debating on something the missus suggested which was to colour code the grille... bear with me though as it sounds strange at first but looking at the grille myself i couldnt help but think it would look nice colour coded but i have never seen it done...

I've seen the grill body coloured before, but I wouldn't do it green.

Spray it gloss black?

Look on 519 automotives website and there's a blue grill.

TT QS

the grilles transformed it. kind of like the little hint of green behind the diamond if im honest. id do the diamond black and ive seen a few grills gloss black so go with whatever takes your fancy. either way its coming along

the grilles transformed it. kind of like the little hint of green behind the diamond if im honest. id do the diamond black and ive seen a few grills gloss black so go with whatever takes your fancy. either way its coming along

thanks :) its coming on in leaps and bounds :) and you mean the rear diamond?

also i think i may get the grill colour coded as suggested to make it blend in better and a little more subtle but noticeable because it will stand out as CC'd :L

It's so simplistic, but painting behind the diamond instead of THE diamond is a nice touch and not one that I've seen on CS before.

Green windscreen washer jets would compliment the other green bits? I'm sure 20 odd pages ago I'd have been one fo the ones saying "green is fine but not too much" - however likewise I think you could get away with a touch more green if you wanted. Small bits like the "16v" (if applicable) part of the bullets being in green. Green numbers on the gearstick. Green "Renault" text on the aluminium effect bits above the glovebox.

It's so simplistic, but painting behind the diamond instead of THE diamond is a nice touch and not one that I've seen on CS before.

Green windscreen washer jets would compliment the other green bits? I'm sure 20 odd pages ago I'd have been one fo the ones saying "green is fine but not too much" - however likewise I think you could get away with a touch more green if you wanted. Small bits like the "16v" (if applicable) part of the bullets being in green. Green numbers on the gearstick. Green "Renault" text on the aluminium effect bits above the glovebox.

i do like the sound of green jets mind :D and yeah if you read back a few pages mate there are pics of the interior like the pic below showing that iv painted the door pulls etc :)

View attachment 75222 View attachment 75223

any other ideas or comments are welcome steven :)

TT QS
thanks :) its coming on in leaps and bounds :) and you mean the rear diamond?

also i think i may get the grill colour coded as suggested to make it blend in better and a little more subtle but noticeable because it will stand out as CC'd :L

no no on the front, the hint of green. but CC'd badges are best i think. my mates black megane had them all black apart from the wheels.
my front one is but my back one is carbon and the wheel ones blue. the subtle hints are best i think which is what yours is turning into

no no on the front, the hint of green. but CC'd badges are best i think. my mates black megane had them all black apart from the wheels.
my front one is but my back one is carbon and the wheel ones blue. the subtle hints are best i think which is what yours is turning into

it is getting there bit by bit just need more time and money lol

anyone on here in or near huddersfield?? i need someone for a few minutes to help me adjust the bonnet i have just fitted so it is lined up properly and will shut :/ iv fitted it as i say to replace my old bonnet which was dinted and stone chipped... i just need an extra hand to fit it properly so i can shut my bonnet... i have posted in the help section but no replies...

as said i only need a few minutes of your time and i already have the tools, there is a free cuppa in it for anyone that helps, should be a straightforward job as the bonnet is on and needs adjusting just need the extra hands and eyes lol

i do like the sound of green jets mind :D and yeah if you read back a few pages mate there are pics of the interior like the pic below showing that iv painted the door pulls etc :)

View attachment 75222 View attachment 75223

any other ideas or comments are welcome steven :)

:dead: Please ditch ALL the green and replace it with blaaaack. Monster energy/green and black theme's aren't cool IMO unless your actually driving a full blown rally car like a boss.

Just saying... Black on black much more subtle.

why you still got that monster shite on the back ffs?!

those wheels, well the car looks comical without it being lower. shirley springs arent expensive on these.

finally got the new bonnet fitted after 2 days wrestling with it :/ alot easier to do with 2 people :L but anyway im saving up for the blast couple of bits now...

jobs left to do stand as:

1: Full respray with all the damage and dints removed and the plastic bits CC'd to the car :D (all done at the same time)
2: Coilovers (for real lowwwsssss ;))
3: Interior piped and touched up with a full valet
4: Attach cs.net stickers after the car has been painted :cool:

not much else to do to the green machine :/ any other suggestions? :D

Mate I'm sorry but this colour scheme you're going for doesn't look great, black and green can look good but the shade you've chosen is too fluorescent. But all in all I'm not going to lie the black and green look on a clio doesn't look good.

Here is a list of mods that I think will improve the look and feel.

• Detint (Rear tint on any black car makes it look like a van) - Free
  • Different colour scheme (Do the badges, "clio" on the back, bullets (w/ different colour for 16v. )
    • Black and white (popular, looks good when used in moderation)
    • Black and carbon
    • Black and red (Just small bits, not the grille)
    • Black and black
    • Black and anthracite (One of the better looking
    • Black and silver
  • Wind Deflectors (Especially if you insist on keeping the tints) - £30
  • FK or cheaper coilovers
  • 172 rear bumper
  • Colour code the bump strips (If a car opens its door onto your car it won't hit the bump strips all the time) - £20 DIY
  • Colour code the rest of the car (Handles, spoiler, front bump strips) - £40 DIY
  • Trophy Spoiler - £100
  • Sports pedals - £50
  • LED Dash conversion - £20
  • Civic Type R Aerial - £15
  • Megane splitter - £20
  • Carbon fibre wrapping interior bits or real carbon - £30 (carbon wrap) to £100s (carbon)
  • Different wheels, sorry mate. - £2-300
  • Sport seats - £200
  • Sport door cards - £40
  • Xenons (Lamps & HIDs) 5-6000k - £180ish
  • LED sidelights and number plate lights @ 5-6000k
  • Silvervisions
  • Audio Upgrades (No vibe/crappy subs/amps)
  • Engine bay enhancement - £??? Polish bare metals, dress kit, colour code engine cover, battery cover, battery terminal clamps.

You get the picture. All these mods are common for a reason, they look good, and work the best. Hope this gave you some ideas, and I'm sorry if it's a bit harsh but I believe it needs to be said. I love the RS grille though, great change, makes a worlds difference.

Mate I'm sorry but this colour scheme you're going for doesn't look great, black and green can look good but the shade you've chosen is too fluorescent. But all in all I'm not going to lie the black and green look on a clio doesn't look good.

Here is a list of mods that I think will improve the look and feel.

• Detint (Rear tint on any black car makes it look like a van) - Free
  • Different colour scheme (Do the badges, "clio" on the back, bullets (w/ different colour for 16v. )
    • Black and white (popular, looks good when used in moderation)
    • Black and carbon
    • Black and red (Just small bits, not the grille)
    • Black and black
    • Black and anthracite (One of the better looking
    • Black and silver
  • Wind Deflectors (Especially if you insist on keeping the tints) - £30
  • FK or cheaper coilovers
  • 172 rear bumper
  • Colour code the bump strips (If a car opens its door onto your car it won't hit the bump strips all the time) - £20 DIY
  • Colour code the rest of the car (Handles, spoiler, front bump strips) - £40 DIY
  • Trophy Spoiler - £100
  • Sports pedals - £50
  • LED Dash conversion - £20
  • Civic Type R Aerial - £15
  • Megane splitter - £20
  • Carbon fibre wrapping interior bits or real carbon - £30 (carbon wrap) to £100s (carbon)
  • Different wheels, sorry mate. - £2-300
  • Sport seats - £200
  • Sport door cards - £40
  • Xenons (Lamps & HIDs) 5-6000k - £180ish
  • LED sidelights and number plate lights @ 5-6000k
  • Silvervisions
  • Audio Upgrades (No vibe/crappy subs/amps)
  • Engine bay enhancement - £??? Polish bare metals, dress kit, colour code engine cover, battery cover, battery terminal clamps.
You get the picture. All these mods are common for a reason, they look good, and work the best. Hope this gave you some ideas, and I'm sorry if it's a bit harsh but I believe it needs to be said. I love the RS grille though, great change, makes a worlds difference.

fair play to you mate but the colour scheme stays for this one.. maybe on the next car il go black and white or along those lines :)
i've got the full sport interior including door cards fitted already (was my first proper mod)... the wheels are staying due to me liking them and them suiting the car... but lighting wise iv been looking at angel eyes for a while and keep going back to them, not sure whether to go for that though...

and as for the common mods: nothing against them i do like them but i'm not going down the sheep route... its not who i am im afraid.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Are you seriously going to fully respray this car? If you are then you need a mental health check.

Are you seriously going to fully respray this car? If you are then you need a mental health check.

saving up the money as we speak... it really needs the love and attention (dints and scratches on every panel...) and tbf iv replaced pretty much all the running gear over the past 2 years for brand new parts after each bit failed, the only bit that hasnt gone so far is the engine... so planning on keeping it for a few years and i want it looking its best if im gunna be driving it to meets etc.. ie CSS this august

not my thing really but i don't hate it! nothing wrong with being out of the ordinary :) needs lowering though!!!

haha same with alot of people really mate... though there are people on here that have expressed serious hate towards the car :/ but haters gunna hate :cool:

haha and lowering is on the list of jobs my friend :D im still waiting on that photoshopped pic :p

mini update

i have fitted the bonnet after alot of wiggling it about u.u the car has been cleaned several times xD and im sourcing the replacement bumper and drivers wing atm to make the respray cheaper :D

left to do: 1: fit new parts when i get them :D
2: full respray including colour coding
3: find and fit coilovers

then car is finished until i get bored and start tinkering with the engine n.n (yes i am aware it is a 1.2l)

not a smash as such... i had a guy in a golf hit my car while i was sat still :/ but had a big to do with insurance (his word against mine) even though i was parked :/ and i was advised to sort it out between ourselfs or id lose my no claims because he has 19 years experiance driving so they believed him :( long story short it left me with a cracked bumper and a hole in my wing :'( had this for a while now and been wanting to sort it for ages :(

you can see it on the pic paul took at my first meet below
6864036023_079f7856ba_z.jpg

near my light :/ you can also see that my drivers door isnt perfect with the lines of the car :/
the whole car is covered in dints and scratches from d£$%heads in car parks :( i just want it all sorted and looking stunning again before CSS :)

Listerine & Poledo
Don't waste your money, seriously,

get down a breakers and get new wing and bumper in the right colour if you must, it'd be cheaper.

Don't waste your money, seriously,

get down a breakers and get new wing and bumper in the right colour if you must, it'd be cheaper.

i am sourcing those bits but i want the plastics CC'ing and my rear wings on both sides are terrible you can see the filler texture :/ and the roof is in a state as mentioned above... so desperately needs it either way :/

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
wont the bump strips be included in a full respray anyway?

what colour are you going for? should get something lairy :D

Alien green
Liquid Yellow
Storm grey
Racing Blue
Ultra red

:approve:

wont the bump strips be included in a full respray anyway?

what colour are you going for? should get something lairy :D

Alien green
Liquid Yellow
Storm grey
Racing Blue
Ultra red

:approve:

haha would get something lairy but then my green bits wouldnt match :( and every other quote iv had has been to remove all the bumpstrips etc and just paint the car because my bumpstrips havent been painted before :dapprove: but i am thinking either the standard pearl black with pearl lacquer (so would be black but shine purpley greeny etc) or black with green flecks and high shine lacquer

that green rally car is awesome!

tbh spinksy you can primer the bump strips yourself for fairly cheap, then send them to get sprayed up with the rest of the car :)

i know xD and true i could (i did the interior bits) but it wouldnt alter my price as iv already asked about that :( and they are colour coding the grille as well :D what you reckon to the colour choice though? i love outlandish but wouldnt work with mine so would have to be black based...

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
If your car is that much of a shed exterior wise why not just sell up and buy another one in better condition? Would save you a fortune. You could transfer most of your green bits over and have a better car overall because if it has filler over the rear quarter then it's obviously been in a prang and isn't exactly a minter