ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
iv got to admit now youv started toning it down a lil its starting to look better the monster stickers by the indicaters need to go though

Listerine & Poledo
R2 stickers would need to be backed up with a respectably high right height and some gravel-spec tyres

sooooo sorry its been so long since iv posted any update guys :/ been really busy at uni... trying to get a placement and find a flat for next year as well as revising and working :( not enough money to do much atm but the wheels are being re-done soon (due to a slight problem with the garage i get my tyres from... not mention any names but when removing and fitting new tyres for me they scratched all the way around the rear rims and it removed around 90% of the layers of paint :'( i was annoyed to say the least)

im currently also saving for some decent coilovers (probably eibach or spax depending on cost).
also saving for a bit of paintwork and repair at the mo that she has been needing since i got her :( sooooo sorry its been so long since iv posted any update guys :/ been really busy at uni... trying to get a placement and find a flat for next year as well as revising and working :( not enough money to do much atm but the wheels are being re-done soon (due to a slight problem with the garage i get my tyres from... not mention any names but when removing and fitting new tyres for me they scratched all the way around the rear rims and it removed around 90% of the layers of paint :'( i was annoyed to say the least)

im currently also saving for some decent coilovers (probably eibach or spax depending on cost).
also saving for a bit of paintwork and repair at the mo that she has been needing since i got her :( (this is taking priority over mods sadly)
i also want to get my bump strips CC'd and then she will be nearly finished :D

happy to hear any recommendations from anyone on what to do or not do at this point :)

double post lol

no point on breaking the bank on coilovers tbh mate
ive got vmax and theyre brilliant for me

also just found this.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vmaxx-Adj...CarParts_SM&hash=item4163c4e121#ht_500wt_1202
could be a bargain for you :)

i know lol but as i say it has been a while and i know people are following this so dont want them to lose interest due to my lack of info...

and thanks for the shout i may look out for Vmax as a cheaper option :) when you say they are brill for you... do you play around on back roads or just drive regularly like i do? :p im up and down the motorway alot and i use the car alot so dont want them breaking on me because of how often i use the car... i replaced the shocks for brand new originals when i first got the car 2 years back as part of the list of repairs and they have been brill apart from a squeek iv got atm but according to my grease monkey its because iv had it on and off the ramps ALOT so need to jack it up and WD40 them all..

but sidetracking aside i was just wondering on reliability etc as with most of the bits iv done and am doing its a first for me :)

actually while im on here doe anyone know if i can get the cliosport.net stickers in green on here? as i would rather get them off here than try to get someone else to recreate them

Vmaxx coilies are good. I had them on my old 1.2.

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

Keep up with the updates.

TT QS
i know lol but as i say it has been a while and i know people are following this so dont want them to lose interest due to my lack of info...

and thanks for the shout i may look out for Vmax as a cheaper option :) when you say they are brill for you... do you play around on back roads or just drive regularly like i do? :p im up and down the motorway alot and i use the car alot so dont want them breaking on me because of how often i use the car... i replaced the shocks for brand new originals when i first got the car 2 years back as part of the list of repairs and they have been brill apart from a squeek iv got atm but according to my grease monkey its because iv had it on and off the ramps ALOT so need to jack it up and WD40 them all..

but sidetracking aside i was just wondering on reliability etc as with most of the bits iv done and am doing its a first for me :)

haha ive got them set at a decent height so no scraping etc and they are firm but brilliant on most roads to be fair lol. and yes that includes lanes haha

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

i loved this car when i first joined. same colour as mine so i was in love haha

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

looked smart paul (Y) thats about the ride height im after... i just want the gap between the wheels and arches to be smaller :)
and i shall only done little bits so far... main one being i have removed all stickers apart from 1 :) the one on the rear bumper is still there but all other stickers have officially gone ;) i shall post pics this week after i have been to clumber with the missus to get some shots ;)

haha ive got them set at a decent height so no scraping etc and they are firm but brilliant on most roads to be fair lol. and yes that includes lanes haha

i loved this car when i first joined. same colour as mine so i was in love haha

thanks man :) you may have just saved me a sum of money :D and i appreciate the advice man and deffinately good about the lanes :L

TT QS
search ebay. not the proper renault ones obvs but if they take your fancy they probs wont break the bank.
and i think they can do them in green to suit the car :)

oh while im on here i thought id post a quick update to let everyone know what im planning with the car atm :)

im currently sourcing a new front bumper and drivers side wing (small crack in bumper and a hole in wing) as shown in pic below... im also getting prices and making bookings for the car to be re-painted in places (roof needs a bit of care and bonnet needs alot of dints removing and painting) so the car will be sparkling again :D im also getting the cc'd handles and door strips :)

6864036023_079f7856ba_z.jpg

(as always with these pics when iv used them- all credit goes to paul (harphominom))

im also saving for coilovers as you are all aware now.. iv recently got a quote for the interior repaired and bits replaced (from a car upholsterer) as it needs a little bit of love and as it happens the gent has offered to pipe the interior in green and replace the renaultsport badge for a green renault sport badge :) i think it will really tie the interior in with the car and adds to individuality of it :) id like to know thoughts and ideas...

the only other change will be the RS grille and im hoping with the student loan coming up shortly and summer hols (chance to work more hours) this will all be done before CS saturday :D

MINI UPDATE :D

after removing the stickers and shopping around for parts i have finally gotten off my arse with the sunny day today and painted the rear drums back to black :D and its looking rather smart ;)
(il post pics monday)

as i say shopping for parts to repair the car and improve the overall look atm :) talking to a few people about these.. iv got a seemingly nice guy offering the removable parts i need at a reasonable price :D im also having words with the gents in custom colourwork (a reputable paint company in doncaster) to get the roof fixed and rear bumper re-painted. the plastic parts on bumpers are also being cc'd and they have offered to do the handles and side strips in the same price :D but they have given me the choice to either CC the side strips or remove and smooth the side before painting the car in the same price..

i would like to know peoples thoughts or see pics if someone has already done it to see what the better option would be :)

Listerine & Poledo
keep the bump strips.

else you'll only be crying once you get a door in your door....

...errr, you know how I mean

it will look smart till you get a dent. f*ck up a bump strip you can buy another

a man of wisdom :D much respect mate i shall keep the bump strips :D

as for the paint job i am getting the full respray to generally tidy up the car and improve the look (aswell as getting rif of the god awful scratches and dints) the delightful duo who are doing the job have offered me any colour of choice...

any thoughts as towards colour?... ie black pearl NV676 (the original and current colour code) or a custom black? as it obviously has to be a black of some form but could be mettalic, pearl, or black with green flecks etc..

PHOTO UPDATE :D

firstly heres something i did the other day and mentioned but didnt have time to upload pics...

View attachment 75184View attachment 75185

if you look closely you will see there is only one sticker left on the rear of the car and none anywhere else :D

then in a bit of spare time in the sun i did the following...

View attachment 75176View attachment 75177View attachment 75178View attachment 75179

thats right guys advice followed... drums are now black :D

also a quick game of spot the difference for those following the thread ;)

Before:

View attachment 75182View attachment 75183

After:

View attachment 75180View attachment 75181

lemme know some feedback guys and get back to me on the respray thing...

not really because as i said above i have a choice in colour just that black would be the better option... i could have pearlescent lacquer or have metallic green flecks in the paint instead of the standard colour i was purely asking for feedback...