ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Car/ Black Wheels

Im gettin some new wheels soon, wondered wot everyone thought...

Matt Balck Wheels on a Black Car????

Or even to the other extreme of White Wheels on a Black Car???

Just so sick of silver 1s, wanted to be different. There goin on a Black Mk2 172... Its already got a 35mm drop but wanna keep the original size so its gotta be 16s.

Wotcha reckon?

Yes, but you need it to be lowered a lot to look good..like sitting on the rims.

Im planning to get my turinis painted black with a polished outer edge.

-Rob

TBH black wheels look a bit "nightrider" - you wouldnt perm your hair david hasslehoff stylee so why think about going that route with your wheels?

Go for the white wheels - itll look well smart.... :)

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 01 March 2004

Yes, but you need it to be lowered a lot to look good..like sitting on the rims.

Im planning to get my turinis painted black with a polished outer edge.

-Rob
Rob - do you have any pictures / or anything similar to give an idea what they will look like? Im thinking of doing the same with my turbines.

Yeah theyre nice, lightweight too? Agreed that 172 needs slamming but its the autodynamica turbo so cant really fault them!

-Rob

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by evy84uk on 01 March 2004

Just if i go any lower than 35mm ive heard itll affect the handling without blowin all the cash on coilovers.
youve heard wrong, load of bollox!!!! 60mm is really the only way tto go anything less and itll still look unlowered even though it is!!!!

handling is pretty good on 60mms

black wheels will look wicked

But we bought shopping carts with 4x4 ride height..your valver was already at a sporty height before you lowered it.. Duh!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Ah, fair enough, I take your point there. Mine looked a little 4x4ish before I lowered it. My old car was a Mk1 1.4 RT and that was low - still only a 35mm drop. But it only had 15s on it.

Quite fancy the Pro Race 2s

There Team Dynamics, in Mat black

Or maybe the Aerospeed RSGT things...

Ive just seen i Flame red 172 in town with white wheels couldnt quite see wot they were.. they always look like they sit too high at the back tho, its missin something just dont kno wot? My car looks the same even with it lowered, does any1 else think this about their 172?? Maybe its just something that will grow with time ive only had it 2weeks.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 01 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by evy84uk on 01 March 2004

Just if i go any lower than 35mm ive heard itll affect the handling without blowin all the cash on coilovers.
youve heard wrong, load of bollox!!!! 60mm is really the only way tto go anything less and itll still look unlowered even though it is!!!!

handling is pretty good on 60mms

black wheels will look wicked
sorry just correcting myself, didnt see you have a 172!!!!duh

40mm is the limit on a 172 with out going for coilovers

300bhp MR2 Turbo

As a rough guide look in the for sale section for the valver for sale marked as the best 16v or something like that.

Black with well smart black rims on - that one looks really smart.

Punto/Clio GTT

easy people.

black rims ona black car.. just no lol... you might aswell throw some TSW Venoms on it. white, silver or maybe polished?

FM

I dont think it looks to good black wheels on a black car I much something a bit different SLR turbine alloys would look good on a Clio Im thinking in silver. Or a few spoke thin alloys would look good