ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Gold 182 front-end revamp

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
After years of faffing about and not pulling my finger out, I finally succumbed and gave the 'ol girl a front end respray.

I got the front bumper (which was horrendous with stone chips in the paint and two scuff marks from welds trying to park at work! :mad:) - both front wings and finally the bonnet re-done.

The bonnet itself had a nasty stone-chip just above the nearside headlamp unit and had got significant water ingress on the inner lip. Paint had started to bubble on the inside corner and beyond that, the dreaded tin worm.

I could have had it repaired and then resprayed, but it far cheaper and easier to get a new bonnet and have that sprayed up instead.

Below are a few pics - not brilliant from the phone and being underground!

photo4_zps36de6f8a.jpg

photo3_zps7310c0fb.jpg

photo2_zpsf7dfd4f1.jpg

photo1_zps8da023c7.jpg

D.

BG 182
Looks great, mines got pretty harsh roadrash on the front end. Someone who owned it before me had the grills sprayed so they're starting to look a bit tatty.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hey looking good. :D. You sure do know how to treat a lady ;).

Haha! I thought I'd get at least a couple of weeks of pristine front end - then some wanker towing a trailer let fly with loads of chippings on the M66 this morning.

I managed to avoid all but one - and that's left a nice, deep chip in the minty fresh bonnet. :banghead: Honestly - it is really that difficult to sweep a hand over the trailer lip to wipe off the excess s**t before they set off?

Spoke to the body-shop this morning though and they asked me to pop down. Who knows - they might have a few dregs of black gold paint left over?

D.

Great work, would love to get my bonnet and bumper sprayed. If I was you I'd invest in a hard coat sealant to protect it, I've seen one which worked really well but the name has escaped me, gally should be able to recommend something though :)

E46 M3, Clio 182
Looks good! :D Do you mind me asking how much you paid? as I'm looking at having the same done on mine, I've been given a quote, but would be interested in how they vary. Feel free to PM in you would prefer, thanks.