ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

black gold

bg 182 ff
I have recently purchased a 182ff black gold. And the paint work suffers from swirl marks and in parts looks quite flat. Amongst some light surface scratchs
What is the best way of regaining the shine.

I have booked a machine polish and i have invested in some poorboys polish and wax.

Any help would be appriciated :)

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
You've answered it yourself with a machine polish. Who is doing it?

Once that's done its a case of ensuring your wash technique is correct to reduce future marring etc when washing.

bg 182 ff
A company in sunderland called mgc detailling. They have the car booked in for 8 hours to complete this. Full wax sealant aswell.

And i have looked up about was techniques aswell and learnt a few things i didnt know. But hopefully the machine polish will sort it out :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Speak to the detailer and they should be able to provide you with some helpful advice on maintaining and protecting their hard work.

First of look at your wash technique, grit guards and or 2 bucket method, wheels washed separately. A soft wash mitt that holds dirt away from the paint, a wax safe shampoo that won't degrade ypu wax or sealant that he applies, a good quality drying towel. It's typically these stages that inflict the majority of swirls and marring on the paint.

Then get a nice quick detailer to quickly go over the car after its washed and dried to bring back that just waxed look

A company in sunderland called mgc detailling. They have the car booked in for 8 hours to complete this. Full wax sealant aswell.

And i have looked up about was techniques aswell and learnt a few things i didnt know. But hopefully the machine polish will sort it out :)

Do you have a website? I can't find them, which immediately rings alarm bells (i.e. amateur posing as a pro but with no insurance etc).

bg 182 ff
My mistake they are based in whitley bay. And i found them on faceboon. They are a new firm and my mate has had his car done by them and it looks amazing.

bg 182 ff
Speak to the detailer and they should be able to provide you with some helpful advice on maintaining and protecting their hard work.

First of look at your wash technique, grit guards and or 2 bucket method, wheels washed separately. A soft wash mitt that holds dirt away from the paint, a wax safe shampoo that won't degrade ypu wax or sealant that he applies, a good quality drying towel. It's typically these stages that inflict the majority of swirls and marring on the paint.

Then get a nice quick detailer to quickly go over the car after its washed and dried to bring back that just waxed look

I have invested in some mer shampoo washed it today with two seperate buckets with a sponge. Then another bucket and seperate sponge for the wheels.. i then used a autoglim chamiox also bought today. Finished with poorboys deep shine polish two coats and then poorboys sealant which i left for 30 mins. I then went to use poorboys wax and it started to rain.