ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black/Smoked repeaters on black 182

Clio 182
Hi lads, recently got myself a black/gold 182 with anthracite wheels (absolutely loving it so far - great car), got a few plans in the pipeline after ive had a service and the belts changed on it next week.

In the meantime I want to get some smoked or black repeaters but not sure which to go for as ive never seen them in the flesh. A lot of the smoked ones seem to not look that different to clear from what ive seen in pictures! If anyone could recommend whether smoked or black would look better on a black body and provide pics if possible that would be great!

Renaultsport Clio 172
I put crystal black on my black 172 ph2 and thought they looked tacky as f*ck personally. I switched to clear/frosted - much better IMHO.

I think I must have looked at all side repeaters available when I bought mine and settled on Auto Art Crystal Black - http://www.modworld.co.uk/renault-clio-91-02-crystal-black-side-repeaters-8712-p.asp

I always like things to have a plain, simple design and found the LED ones available a bit fussy for me.

Also I figured with the bullets on the doors there's already enough detail on the side of the car without having side repeaters that stand out as well. Although if I hadn't gone for the Black I'd have gone for the Clear with silver bulbs (look like VW Group items.) - I reckon they look good as well. The only thing I will say is that when my Black ones light up they are rubbish - you can see they are lit, but quite dark. Think they are road legal but not sure.

Would like some brighter, preferably LED, bulbs but not sure if they're available.

I wouldn't go for smoke. If lights aren't a good colour match for the paint they look awful. That's why I'd recommend the Clear ones to anybody that doesn't have a black car - and they kinda go with the headlights.

Mine had a lot of moisture inside them - more than was reasonable to expect. The o-rings were badly perished so I dried the side repeaters with a hair-drier and refitted with a bit of grease around the o-rings. But one of them has a lot of condensation inside again so it's possible it's leaking - gonna have another go, I'm confident it's an easy fix.

P.S. - whatever you get, there's a right way and a wrong way to fit them, - if it doesn't easily slot in, turn it 180 degrees (took me longer than it really should have done to figure that out :eek:)

Clio 182
thanks for all the replies fellas. Well as you know the 182 has clear repeaters as standard but I do think a darker colour would suit the black cars better. Gonna get some silverlight bulbs for the front and rear lights too, so its just the side repeaters ive gotta decide on! Any of you lads with black/smoked on black please post pics cos would love to see how they suit!

If I get chance after work, I'll take and post some pics for you.

I'd like to sort some new, brighter, bulbs for mine. There's another thread on indicator/side repeater bulbs (in Interior, ICE........) These posted by Da look like possibilities - http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/501194t1....html?osCsid=8b594eb8fff11c2a641818a917449405

Just don't know how they'd look in terms of colour and brightness behind my lenses (and what about legality?) Anybody any thoughts on these LEDS? Or any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Pics (phone camera.......and car filthy - soz)

DSC01039.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01042.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 182
Thanks for taking the time to put pics up NEAT. I saw a BG 182 in a car park yesterday with smoked repeaters and they look pretty cool in the flesh so im gonna give them a go i think.