ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bleuflame exhaust - question I need answering (172 Ph2)

Clio 172 Ph2 in Silver
Hi all, I've had my blueflame exhaust on now for just under a week. I got it thought the GB and the quality is top notch. The pipes sit nicely under the bumper and it looks very original equipment. The exhaust note is also noticeably changed and is now much deeper and burbley. I can't say I've noticed and increase in power but then again didn't buy it for this reason. Elephant decided to charge me another £46, where do they get their prices from??

Anyway where I've noticed this exhaust to be most annoying is when I'm on the motorway. The exhaust note almost feels as loud in the car as out. The tone is so deep it's like having a massive sub constantly on a low frequency and I can barely here myself talk. The only way to get pass this is to sit at just under 90 mph and just tap the throttle but this isn't good for my licence:S.

Also once it really heats up the note get much louder, so is there a way of making these exhausts quieter? Would I need to get the back box cut open? How much would it cost and does any one know where I can get this done in South London.

BTW the exhaust is not touching the chassis causing this to vibrate.

Liquid R27 067/500
Myabe to get another box added into the system in between the cat and back box?

Just a thought, although i dont know much about the 172 exhaust systems :eek:

tiTTy & SV650
is there not 3 silencers in the 172 system? call nigel at blueflame and voice your concern, it might settle in? they design them to be realtively quiet at motorway speeds so doesnt seem right...

Clio 172 mk2
2 silencers including the backbox....other 'box' is the cat.

I think the back box is the problem causing all the resonation...hate to say it but changing it for something else may be the solution.

s**t i am getting mine soon i hope it does not do this cos i dont want to be chopping and changing and dont wont it to be to loud on the motorways ekkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

RenaultSport Cup 172
I wouldnt worry guys Ive had mine now for a while it was a little loud compared to the standard system but now its beded in (and ive got used to the sound!) its great and what a bargin. Email them through ebay got mine for £250 user names blueflame I think.

RenaultSport Cup 172
Fair play where from? Still cheap though hey. Nearly went for the KTR dummy 182's. To the guys who have got them are yours fixed hard as mine moves vey slightly if you pull on it as could get the mounting plate they sent to fit on the back box right nowhere to fix it on a cup.

tiTTy & SV650
Neil G said:
2 silencers including the backbox....other 'box' is the cat.

I think the back box is the problem causing all the resonation...hate to say it but changing it for something else may be the solution.

I meant the blueflame 172 system not the standard one, they told me it was made with 3 silencers Im sure...

tiTTy & SV650
WEmerson said:
Fair play where from? Still cheap though hey. Nearly went for the KTR dummy 182's. To the guys who have got them are yours fixed hard as mine moves vey slightly if you pull on it as could get the mounting plate they sent to fit on the back box right nowhere to fix it on a cup.

I was just being a knob lol

group buy price, see clio parts for sale forum.

dunno about the mounting on the cup, i dont know of any other cup owners here who have a blueflame tbh, there's a couple of 172 owners though other than yourself and bigshout. Perhaps a universal exhaust mount from halfrauds might help?

Clio 172 Ph2 in Silver
has anyone else installed their blueflame systems yet and tested them out on the motorway? Does ayone know the price of the rubber braket which holds the back box in place? It could be this is worn, also does the 172 back box have 2 fixing points?

tiTTy & SV650
there's only you and clidge who bought 172 systems in the group buy, and you've given him 2nd thoughts lol.

there's a couple of members with them fitted WEmerson and Ant I think?

M2 Competition
Sports exhausts are loud on the motorway guys, aint much getting away from this.

The drone on my old k-tec on the dynamique used to send me to sleep! lol

Black 172 MK2
its becuase the car is sitting at 3-4k its loud there lol it does bed in trust me mine took a couple of weeks and it gets quiter. at the end of the day it sound fecking ammazing, iv got a 4 hour drive going to blackburn way in a week lol

RenaultSport Cup 172
Mine is ok now not too loud its beded in just right. Might be worth dropping (nigel) Blueflame an mail to see if they have any idea's. Mines fine drive on the motorway every morning to work and its ok till you start to really gun it and then it screems as a p/exhaust should. Might be work checking the install as it might have moved.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Most aftermarket exhausts "usually" get louder if there is going to be any change of noise . Iirc on my 172 there is only 1 bracket for the exhaust to hang on , with a square rubber .They are about £20 from Renault .

When i had my powerflow fitted they just fabricated the brackets , weleded them under the car and the exhaust never moved .