ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blowing sound from 16v mk2

Clio mk2 Volvo 940
I get a blowing sound every time I press the gas, no matter the rpm. Coming from under the engine cover/back of motor. Anyone have any idea? Have checked for leaks on all hoses u can se without jacking up the car ?

Is it the exhaust manifold blowing? Either from where it meets the block (gasket failure) or somewhere on the manifold itself (cracked manifold) or where it meets the downpipe (failed sealant)?

Clio mk2 Volvo 940
Is it the exhaust manifold blowing? Either from where it meets the block (gasket failure) or somewhere on the manifold itself (cracked manifold) or where it meets the downpipe (failed sealant)?

I dont think so, kinda sounds like a dog sneezing

Clio mk2 Volvo 940
1.2 16v? normal if so just for a split second when you press the accelerator?
I dont think so, kinda sounds like a dog sneezing
I get a blowing sound every time I press the gas, no matter the rpm. Coming from under the engine cover/back of motor. Anyone have any idea? Have checked for leaks on all hoses u can se without jacking up the car ?

Yes but its a sound i lever heard from the car before, its not that guiet

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I had never noticed it until I had had mine for 6 months, then I tried my mates brand new one and it done the same! no idea what causes it, something to do with the induction system as when mine had an open filter on it it no longer done it

Clio mk2 Volvo 940
I had never noticed it until I had had mine for 6 months, then I tried my mates brand new one and it done the same! no idea what causes it, something to do with the induction system as when mine had an open filter on it it no longer done it

Yeah i hear the sound from the back or top of the motor, i havent lifted any plastic cover yet. Did the sound stop with an open filter? ?