ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW Priceless!

Vectra :(
53 plate BMW 3 Series 330ci Covertable - Circa £28,000

Fake tan to attract ladies - £10 per week

Driving at 9pm in the dark with just sidelights and fogs - Saving £10 replacing main beam lamps

Pulling up at the lights and laughing at a little clio - Free but the chain on his neck must have been worth a bit

The look of your face in the rear view mirror of a £6000 supermini when your getting you arse handed to you and your £30k car when the lights go green - PRICELESS :)

In actual fact i only just had him in a straight line and as the road merged he was only about 2 meters off my bumper but i liked that coz i could see the look on his face (that kinda "i am going home to find out the book speed of that car"). I stopped dead on the 70mph speed limit and then he overtook (i like to think he felt happy at this point).

People really dont see it coming from a little clio :) i am still smiling about the point where i changed to 2nd and pulled away from him....

Frp powered Zs
LMAO!! I love it when they look over and think ha its a clio, some poser in an audi tt did it with me. Priceless the look on there face when they cant get past you. Ill miss it when i sell my cup.

You sure he was trying ??
As these clios seem awfully fast all of a sudden (no actual reference to yours but most claim there clio can take the world on !);)

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Nice one matey. I'm suprised you did him though, i've been up against a couple of these and they are not slow by any stretch. Once they get goin its bye bye clio.

Must have really narked him doing him off the line though lol

Rob

Last edited:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I had a dabble with a colleagues Volvo S60R on the way home tonight.

Suited and booted financial adviser in his 38k barge vs a fiesty young upstart in his Clio.

I actually pulled away but he really cannot have been trying as he has a book speed of 5.7 to 60 and 300bhp.

The 330ci's are not THAT quick, its not like its a M3. My mate has one and when i had a 1.7 ford puma (hangs head in shame) i was never far behind him. anything past 50 and he was off tho. Think book speed on the to 60 is about 6.5 or something. Bloody heavy the Beemers (full of fake walnut and electric switches to turn off electric sensors that sense when the electric switch is being pushed etc etc) :)

I have no doubt that given the same driver skills in each car and a long road the BMW would be quicker. Just not by a lot

Like i said as the road went from duel carriage way to single lane he was right on my bumper...just couldnt pass me

Megane Mk4
trailerparktrev said:
Probably get removed though ;)
If it was to have been removed I wouldn't have commented and would've just removed it..
Besides, I've seen worse posted over the past few weeks :D

Still, It's great to know we can shame people who have paid nice amounts of money for a car they think is quick and we've paid next to nothing for a rattle box that embarrasses them ;) pmsl

shouldn't be removed as in no way was i speeding or breaking the law. i stopped at 70mph which is the legal limit and was not driving dangeriously...wasnt me with only sidelights and fogs lol

oh and for the record book speeds of a 330i are 6.7 for the M sport or manual and 7.3 for the auto

len_beach said:
I had a dabble with a colleagues Volvo S60R on the way home tonight.

Suited and booted financial adviser in his 38k barge vs a fiesty young upstart in his Clio.

I actually pulled away but he really cannot have been trying as he has a book speed of 5.7 to 60 and 300bhp.

S60R would be 5.5 to 60 i think unless its the daft geartronic autobox and then its about 8secs so maybe if it was an auto thats why you pulled away

not standard but not heavily modded. Full magnex system, sports cat, uprated air feeds and ITG filter. Thats all.

I never said he was trying. He probably thought he would easily have me and then tried after i pulled away. The intention of the post was because clios suprise some people not that i went out and raced a flat out BMW and won!!

Like i said they are not THAT fast tho. been in my mates many a time before he sold it for a MR2. I am however impressed with your mates BMW as it can fly obviouly the definition of flying is somewhat blurred here. Whats the difference between 7.3 to 60 and 6.7 to 60??? surly not flight! if it was an auto then book speeds to 60 are the same plus rear end grip in a RWD car with a heavy lump upfront wont help.

I didnt start this thread as an argument and never said a clio could beat anything on the road.

Revels182 said:
Who do you quote the brand new price of the BMW and then the 2nd hand value of your car?

28k is what my mate sold his immac 330ci for 6 months ago on a 53 plate m8. You will find the are 34k-38k new dependant on spec

Never thought starting this thread would bring up so many questions about arsey things....anything else ppl want to get anal about?

SLK 350
Lam7r, i appreciate your thread. However its rapidly coming to my attention that there are a lot a petulant fools on here which given any opportunity will use it to shoot you down for no apparent reason.

Don't take it to heart mate, its just people love to b1tch about stuff on here.

Yeah i have quickly learned that ozzyo99 mate!

Dont worry in future i will make sure as to be clear and consise when posting, listing primary and secondary sources at the end of the post along with an apendix listing where any quoted figures have come from :) hehe

Dont worry m8. i used to have a MGTF160 and part of the MG forums and it was the same there.

Good showin people up like, but.. Hes probably pullin the birds in his BMW, thats what kind of gets to me when people say i beat so and so in my cheaper smaller faster car, surely if this person wanted to be a racer or fool about with people they would have gone for the cheaper smaller faster option. dont mean to sound awkward, just my two cents. oh well in for showin him up though, lol.

SLK 350
But BMW's 3 series are ten to a penny, if i had that sort of cash it would be the last brand i'd consider i think, unless it's an M3 i wouldn't care for one - middle management rep mobile.

ozzyo99 said:
But BMW's 3 series are ten to a penny, if i had that sort of cash it would be the last brand i'd consider i think, unless it's an M3 i wouldn't care for one - middle management rep mobile.

M3's are just as common as the 318s now though.

a guy in an M3 CSL came into work the other day, now thats a special car :)

Yamaha R6
ozzyo99 said:
Lam7r, i appreciate your thread. However its rapidly coming to my attention that there are a lot a petulant fools on here which given any opportunity will use it to shoot you down for no apparent reason.

Don't take it to heart mate, its just people love to b1tch about stuff on here.

Seconded.. One too many sceptic idiots in this topic.

Megane Mk4
Lam7r said:
shouldn't be removed as in no way was i speeding or breaking the law. i stopped at 70mph which is the legal limit and was not driving dangeriously...wasnt me with only sidelights and fogs lol

Calm down ;) ... It's staying where it is. :D

Pm sent too :)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
330ci's aren't that quick. I could quite easily see a 172 suprising one of the lights even if the beemer was thrapping it. People are so quick to judge on here without knowing the facts.

at 140mph however - prepare for severe ownage!

E90
Clart has witnessed first hand the ownage of a 330D bmw, do not underestimate the diesels they will make u look silly.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I can relate to this topic quite well, but i had a go with a 330d from the lights. I didn't know (when at the lights) which BMW it was. I floored it, he floored it, i had the edge over him in 1st and 2nd, coming into the sweet spot in 3rd, and he started gaining very slowly, then it 4th he very slowly went passed me.. *05mph and he got passed, but his faced was a picture as he slowly went passed. £30k vs. £9.5k...brilliant!

Good effort! I love to the look on BMW drivers faces when you beat or keep up with them!

Tyson.

Clio 172 mk2
Lam7r said:
Yeah i have quickly learned that ozzyo99 mate!

Dont worry in future i will make sure as to be clear and consise when posting, listing primary and secondary sources at the end of the post along with an apendix listing where any quoted figures have come from :) hehe

Dont worry m8. i used to have a MGTF160 and part of the MG forums and it was the same there.

Same on most car forums mate but particularly bad on here lol

To add my bit I wouldn't buy a BMW unless it had an M badge on the boot.....the rest are just rep-mobiles for suits.

E90
steveV6 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeman
Clart has witnessed first hand the ownage of a Weeman, do not underestimate the dutch, they will make u look silly.

Nice:approve:

Lmao, Knowsit

BMW 328 Ci
Are BMW drivers not allowed to feel good about there cars then.
I could have bought a 172 for the cost of my car. But I wanted something different. I wanted something comfortable, I wanted something that in my eyes looks good, sounds good and has luxury and build quality a million miles away from a Renault which I was very tired off. And I like the rear drive set up and the imense Torque the 6 cylinders pump out. I like the feeling of cashiers at petrol stations saying you have a nice car when you have just spent time cleaning it.
As for the only the M3 being good, OK then lets say all Renault drivers that havent bought the Sport are w*****s then.

Wouldnt life be boring if we all bought Renaults.

Why does everyone always have something to prove on this forum. Its like you are constantly trying to show people "you bought the wrong car".....no we didnt, we bought a different car.

Last edited:
Neil G said:
Same on most car forums mate but particularly bad on here lol

To add my bit I wouldn't buy a BMW unless it had an M badge on the boot.....the rest are just rep-mobiles for suits.

personally i'd change that statement to...

"I wouldnt buy one unless it had an M-sport engine"

Lots of little chavs buy a 318 and stick an M badge on the boot ;)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Mack said:
Are BMW drivers not allowed to feel good about there cars then.
I could have brought a 172 for the cost of my car. But I wanted something different. I wanted something comfortable, I wanted something that in my eyes looks good, sounds good and has luxury and build quality a million miles away from a Renault which I was very tired off. And I like the rear drive set up and the imense Torque the 6 cylinders pump out. I like the feeling of cashiers at petrol stations saying you have a nice car when you have just spent time cleaning it.
As for the only the M3 being good, OK then lets say all Renault drivers that havent brough the Sport are w*nkers then.

Wouldnt life be boring if we all brought Renaults.

Why does everyone always have something to prove on this forum. Its like you are constantly trying to show people "you brought the wrong car".....no we didnt, we brought a different car.

ITS BOUGHT!

BMW 328 Ci
Yea I cant spell

Bit of an arse that that was my most used word though lol

Last edited:
  2014 Focus Titanium
I tell you what, the new 3series are different to the old (pre 05) models.

In my VTS i have had a play with an 03 325 and i he was just getting away but only very JUST. i then came across a very cocky new 55reg 320d BMW who overtook me on a blind bend when i was doing about 55 in a 60 zone. i came up to a long open straight and we both put our foot down and i expected to absolutely KILL his 320d. wasn't the case! i was only only only just gaining on him through every gear in my VTS, and upto *10mph i only gained on him about 3-4 car lengths from 40mph!!

went back and checked some car specs:

older 320d: 145bhp 1500kg
newer 320d: 160bhp 1430kg

thats a hell of a difference in real life performace, i shudder to think what the new 330d is like! those germans know how to build DIEsels