ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW reversed into me!!!

Lionel Richie

..... and drove off!!!!! Smashed my front wing and bent the front bumper mount + marked my wheel!!!! Luckily there was a witness, she got the first part of his number plat FE02 and im going back tomorrow to have a look at the CCTV footage to see if i can get the rest

GR7

Shiny red R32

Fred

I am sorry to heat that someone has damaged your pride and joy. I would be absolutely FURIOUS!!

I hope that you can trace it because it should be pretty obvious if the BMW has some of your paint on it.

Just a few weeks ago not far from here (I read it in the paper) someone drove into a car in a Safeway Car Park and a witness took the number and the police were at the guys house before he arrived home. He was fined and had penalty points for driving with undue care and attention and driving away having failed to report the accident.

Good Luck!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

mailto:B@st@rd">B@st@rd!!! Let us know how you get on with the CCTV. Hope he gets in loads of sh*t with the Police if you find him.

Gaz

what is it with these people, bet its a company car too. Hope the cctv is of some use to you, have you told the police anyway bout the park reg no you have?? there cant be many BMW s with that reg, that colour regiatered in your area can there??

keep us posted and i hope it comes good for you,

chuckie

Good luck mate, couldnt beleive it when you told us last night, little git,hope the police get hold of him and do him for leaving the scene of an acident.

Hope the CCTV pays off and you get his full reg, otherwise well just have to keep our eyes open for it around here.

sh*t ! Bad news mate ! Really sorry about that ! Keep us informed as to whether you find the guy who did it ! Bar-stewards !

Lionel Richie

Yeah, cheers guys, bit gutted, but hey. The Old Bill know about it and theyre going down to the pub to get the CCTV video later on. Fingers crossed!!!!! Im gonna go down the pub tonight, see if hes there!!!!

Lionel Richie

£47 for a new wing off Renault + £150 for fitting and spraying (needs to be blended to the door) :( Hope hes on the camera!!!!

Roamer, ill give you a ring in a bit, about 6.30/7.00ish ok?????

GirlRacer: I find that its those with the 5-Series downwards that are the worst!

Just an example:

On the way back from Donny with my mate Pete in the passengers seat, we were travelling along the M42 around Birmingham (I think!). Onto the carriageway comes a 530i at high speed. He proceeds immediately to the outside lane and sits literally an inch from some poor Vectra drivers arse.

So as the traffic clears I think its fair game to do the same to him. Eventually, as it becomes clear that Bavarias 3.0 and 230-odd horses cant get rid of a pesky Clio, I overtake.

He then, after Ive slowed, comes up beside me and lunges towards me!!

So Ben H your next move should have been the following:

I slammed on the brakes and dabbed the red switch on the steering wheel. Two little airbrakes opend and the rear wings and I shot behind the BM. Pressing the airbrake switch again I floored the accelerator and switched the engine to race mode. I turned to Pete who was already engaging the FLIR (forward looking infa red) I roared up to about 100 metres behind the BM, the computer chriped up with several beeps indicating a true lock. Pete flipped several switches on the dash. The fog lamps swung down and into the reccesses available. With two pulls on the paddles I let two Hellfire missles go. Mr BMW exploded in a shower of flames and German car parts. Pete and I turned to each other and gave a wicked laugh as we raced through the remains strune on the road.

The End

Paul

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

I think SOME BMW drivers must think, "Well I have a BMW therfore I own the road and I can do what I want" Saying that though lately a few other car owners have the same attitude.

A sweeping statement but I think the levels of road rage have more than trippled on the roads in a last few years and driving skills have gone down so this makes for a rather bad cocktail.

BTW any news Fred Yet ?

GR7

Shiny red R32

Chavy

I think there are a lot of upstarts in the cheapo X-type Jags who think that they own the roads too, and compared to the well-heeled guys who can afford the proper Jags, the pretenders have this air of cocky pretentiousness about them!

Ha ha ha, I beat one into a parking space today!!! My little Clio was quicker to manoevre into the gap!!

:devilish:

Love it when you talk naughty Girlracer.

Have you worked out what the make up mirror doubles up as yet?, Thats right you can see the cars behind you when you angle it just right. Those Renault engineers think of everything dont They ??

316/ 318 bmw drivers seem to think for some reason because they own a bmw that suddenly makes them something. I mean they totally forget the badge on the back that says that they should remove the engine and fit pedals to increase performance........ actually i think that is also true of the 320 drivers as well...........

chuckie

Just my pennys worth...but I hate "big brands"...

Every time I see someone in a 316 or similar I just think "fashion victim". I mean, for the price of a poverty-spec BMW you can get so much more utility from something else - Skodas, Fords etc etc (most of which are a far superior car). People at that price are not buying performance or quality engineering.

I bet the 316/318 owner also wears Polo clothes, has a Harman Kardon home hi-fi, eats M&S food and drinks some brand of wine like Gallo. Not connoiseurs stuff really is it. Just being a brand victim. And the fat cats have got them just where they want them!

I think most people who go for Clios/other performance cars are after a good car - not the image. And long may it stay that way!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 07 November 2002

Chavy

I think there are a lot of upstarts in the cheapo X-type Jags who think that they own the roads too, and compared to the well-heeled guys who can afford the proper Jags, the pretenders have this air of cocky pretentiousness about them!

Ha ha ha, I beat one into a parking space today!!! My little Clio was quicker to manoevre into the gap!!
GirlRacer I know what you mean, a nobody trying to be a somebody....

ben H, i could not agree more. A conversation that my husband and i have on a regular basis is "id much rather have a lesser car with a big engine than a bmw with no engine. " to us driving is about performance. And i bet a skoda rs, which i bet is also cheaper than a 316, would cream the bmw...........now what would people really want??

chuckie

GR7

Shiny red R32

Chuckie

I think that the snobs would probably want the BMW badge on their car rather than a Skoda badge. I bet that the de-badged BMWs (possibly owned by lowly reps) are probably 316 or 318s because their owners probably hope that people will think their cars are 325s or bigger. I cant imagine a 325 / 330 owner de-badging their cars!

:)

GR7

Shiny red R32

ChavyBoy

"GirlRacer I know what you mean, a nobody trying to be a somebody...."

PRECISELY CB!!

;)

yeah its funny when you follow a debadged bmw cos you just know dont you..................and the fact our little clios blow them away just emphasises the point. And if being a snob means you hae to drive a car with no go then id rather be me thanks!! :D

GR, i am hoping to get loads of signitures on my cast from bike racers at the bike show, what do you reckon the chances are?? ;)

chuckie

GR7

Shiny red R32

Chuckie

I reckon that your chances of getting loads of signatures will be excellent.

If you send me your cast after it comes off, I will get you loads more signatures from the British Superbike riders next season! Unless you go to the races yourself, or maybe you will keep it on as a fashion accessory!

Will Foggy and the gorgeous James Haydon be at the Bike Show?

;)

Lionel Richie

Surprise surprise the coppers havent done anything yet!!!! They havent even gone to get the tape yet!!!! I think a few phone calls are in order!!!!! Got my new wing though, gonna fit it later on

i dont know who is going to be honest with you, i hoping to see my favourite neil hodgson again...........foggy would be cool though, he signed my foggy helmet last year, so my cast this year might make him laugh!! i wonder if they have a time table of who goes when???? might have to do a spot of research.........

chuckie