ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Qashcow
Re: Bomber's Awesome Ph1 Track Slut

^ thankyou very much, its taken a fair bit of time and cash but its getting there.

two bits of news today, my 2nd parcel still hasnt arrived and........................ been given the date of the sale/purchase of our new house on Dec 10th. So, Dec 11th the car can have some progress again

LY R26

anytime mate, its a cracker! cant wait to be in the position where i could do this!

good news about the house/more progress on the car mate!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

Rear spacers were finished today using 4 off 75x75x10 steel plates, so 2 on each side to make 20mm per wheel. They are being fitted between the rear beam and the whole hub assembly.

Hi
Great idea this , can you remember the size of the holes and what was the distance between the centers ?
Its snowing outside so far too cold for stripping :dapprove:

Qashcow

you dont have to do it naked ;)

20mm was too much, im using 15mm now with -3degree's camber. 3 x 10mm holes and 1 x 8mm hole 46mm centres

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

hi nowt wrong with a bit of nakedness i thought thats how the detailers apply there "wax"

anyways thanks for the details but why 1 x 8mm surely the bolts are all the same size , no ?

Qashcow

ahhh, thats where ive been going wrong with my car cleaning lol. the one hole is an 8mm bolt, rest are 10mm randomly

Qashcow

Not quite a car update, but had bigger and better things to worry about the last 2 months. For those who don't know and do care, I finally sold my house and have purchased a nice house with the better half (huge thanks to Jez for helping move). This leaves me with three things, a slightly larger garage, more spare time and most importantly a little extra cash.

First thing before the car arrives was to sort the garage. So out came the badly wired 60w bulb and in went 4 strip lights and newly painted walls. Total cost £16. Free lights FTW

f2af5709.gif

0d07d90f.gif

b9bc2f18.gif

In the next few days/weeks will be a proper car update, good things are happening at the moment and all shall become clear.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

jealous of your garage... i'm badly in need of one!

Qashcow

And 2 cars we shall build ade, we need to get it done pronto ;-)

Cheers maynard, my only criteria on house purchase was a decent sized garage and luckily it all came together

340i

So this will be ready for New years eve yeah?

;)

I love the Fast car spec fridge lol

Qashcow

That fridge was in the kitchen and it was Emma who started the sticker bomb lol, if you've got any stickers feel free to bring them over ;-)

Small update then. After 2 weeks the car is where it belongs, i can't put it in the garage yet as it needs cleaning first and is caked in ice, I won't be having the rear arches rust on me from salt.

The idea for the supercharger was to buy bits over the next 18 months and build it slowly.....However, it's booked in at TDF in February to be fully mapped. This has taken me by surprise somewhat!

I spoke to Matt about 3 weeks ago about the costs of mapping the standard ecu, it wasn't a problem for him or myself but we got chatting and, well, basically this turned up today instead

d2554157.gif

It was a cost I wasn't expecting to pay but makes sommuch more sense and in the long run means I can add a digital dash alot easier. I've not yet started the wiring but have started the wiring diagram, already a huge thanks to burp and Matt@TDF for baring with me and the questions.

Over Xmas, 9fingered Adey and myself will commence the build on 2 cars, identical except for the ecu's. An interesting comparisson if nothing else. Over the next few days the cambelts will be changed and bottom pulleys replaced with megane parts.

All I need now to buy is a 2bar MAP sensor, 2nd coolant sensor, samco hoses, restrictor, oh and the charger itself but that's already in hand

Sorry for the long post, but over the next 5 weeks there will be plenty of updates with plenty of pics. Enjoy...

340i

yes, yes, yes... Fricking yes!

It's all coming together, where are you sourcing the charger from my love?

I'll bring some stickers over for the fridge ;)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

good update....did you go for the renault exchange alternator in the end then?

alien green rs133

how come your EC1 came with a pre wired plug...
thats no fair, i imagine matt's learnt its easier.

172 Race Car

I suggested that to Matt after I made a right mess of the plug. He wasn't keen at the time. The crimp tool I was using just chewed them up. His tool (£150) worked fine, Lol.

Dave is piggy backing the stock ecu so makes it easier for him

Edit: I'll reply to your email when I get chance Dave

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

fastcar spec fridge demoted or promoted when in the garage? i reckon promoted...
am i in on the sticker bomb party? i can bring lots of gifts....

are you re-carpeting the house bummer? if so i suggest using the old stuff on the garage floor maybe.

Qashcow

Tony, nim strangely looking forward to wiring it up :-s

good update....did you go for the renault exchange alternator in the end then?

Yep did it from Renault mate, they didn't mind too much that the return unit won't be a cup.

how come your EC1 came with a pre wired plug...
thats no fair, i imagine matt's learnt its easier.

Sod trying to build the plug myself, I would have been mapping the standard ecu if that was the case lol

fastcar spec fridge demoted or promoted when in the garage? i reckon promoted...
am i in on the sticker bomb party? i can bring lots of gifts....

are you re-carpeting the house bummer? if so i suggest using the old stuff on the garage floor maybe.

Definitely a promotion, will be filled the finest ciders soon too. I like gifts, bring anything:)

Just ripped that carpet out the bedroom, thourght the car could have some luxury lol

R5 GTT EFI Clio.

Good work mate, will be amazing when finished.
Really like that FMIC, where did you get it from if you dont mind me asking?

Just read the whole thing from the start and its brilliant! The black and green looks ace.

Qashcow

Good work mate, will be amazing when finished.
Really like that FMIC, where did you get it from if you dont mind me asking?

'finished' being the ultimate word there. When this is up and running, I'm going to slowly build up a low comp engine and see what it can do. I've said it before in here I think,that the car will die with me, it won't be sold. I could never waste this much cash on a car I keep for 12 months.

The FMIC is off eBay but couldn't tell you exactly which one, adeyspecracing bought 2 for us both, the ones I ordered never arrived :-(

R dey Dem bad boi megane injectorz?

Sik.

Safe blud, tru dem is megane 225'z injectooooors yeh boi

Just read the whole thing from the start and its brilliant! The black and green looks ace.

Christmas eve must be a boring time for everyone lol ;-)

The green and black colour scheme will be staying in the engine bay too, thanks to samco and VHT paint :)

Qashcow

^ lol, I suspect I will be shouting similar to that pretty soon!

Well, the car not being attached to the engine may have had some adverse effects...

814f0a3d.gif

And how I just left it, tucked away in her new home

415de659.gif

Qashcow

Not touched them, think the bloke was drunk when he did them. Needs re-doing already anyway, quite fancy getting my own kit. Will have it done before llandow

R5 GTT EFI Clio.

Cheers mate. Just found a half decient one on the bay, just ordered, hope it arrives!

Qashcow

Managed to get out today, can't wait to have the cambelt out the way then I can crack on with the fun stuff. Today I finshed getting rid of the aircon then removed the Renault Ecu bracket and refitted it out the way of where the intake pipework will be going and few other bits

FMIC fitted and tested with the bumper on, fitted first time

b97089bd.gif

e10802f8.gif

Both ecu's fitted into new location ready for the wiring up which I genuinely cannot wait to start on

6b0408d2.gif

cba953f8.gif

340i

ahhh I see you also have the 'different' cam cover... With the circle shape cast on the middle of the inlet cam side!

340i

Ready for TTE next year I hope...

Although I don't know many tramps who roll with super charged, turbo charged, ITB'd cars lol!