ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Qashcow
Re: Bomber's Awesome Ph1 Track Slut

I was surprised it fitted, was expecting some more butchering of the bumper tbh.

Gray, do you know why that is? You can feel it on Friday ;-)

IMO the real work is the cambelt, so hoping to start that in next few days. The charger should start within 2 weeks hopefully, but I can't really stop as mapping is only 5 weeks away :evil:

Qashcow

Ready for TTE next year I hope...

Although I don't know many tramps who roll with super charged, turbo charged, ITB'd cars lol!

This is a problem, name change for the next trip?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

looking good bud, cant believe the intercooler fits so nice. if i can find a tape ill get you them sizes you wanted

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Ready for TTE next year I hope...
Although I don't know many tramps who roll with super charged, turbo charged, ITB'd cars lol!

Picture1.jpg

This is a problem, name change for the next trip?

nah...its ironic (iconic) it has to be kept now...lol
looking forward to seeing this in the next few days

Qashcow

Was half way through removing all the aux setup but, somehow, I've managed 8 years without my own swan neck spanners and couldn't be arsed to pop to my parents so put it to rest for the morning. Only a couple of bolts to remove. Am back at work tomorrow so can buy some tools, take the alternator to Renault for my refund and then make some steel brackets for the FMIC, wasn't keen on the aluminium one it came with.

Hoping to start the cambelt over the new year break

Qashcow

Well, things havent gone great the last few days. On starting the cambelt change we locked everything up and removed the parts needed. Then removed the bottom pulley to swap the Clio version for the Megane keyed version. It wouldn't fit.

c1a9cff5.gif

After discussion on here with Fred, sidewaysdanny and Tom from JMS and some help from one of Adey's other forums, we've worked out my engine is some weird Renault parts bin build. The crank is from something else f4r based, maybe Laguna etc.

So were trying to get around that with crank keys off other renaults and hopefully can get something to overcome this.

Then I looked at the cambelt kit, purchased for a ph1 Clio, sure enough it's wrong too. FFS, for some reason the engine is fitted with a ph2 setup. Fred is kindly sending me the correct ph2 pulley on an exchange basis for my ph1 pulley so that's also kind of sorted...

ac2c14cf.gif

Nout I could do with the engine so started on the electrics. Battery box/case fitted under the passenger seat and hooooge earth cable fitted to it

f3ec378a.gif

cef2a074.gif

Copied from the burpspeed racecar, live cable fitted through the bulkhead through 240v gland and will be into a new junction box to distribute it between all it needs to be.

253c90f9.gif

Wired up the Ferrari F40 3bar map sensor then had to go to work. Seem to be going backwards :-(

f02fae44.gif

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so you still mounted it under the seat....lol

proper monday car this then? bummer that you didn't make the progress you wanted but it will come good in the end.
i thought you did fairy well

Qashcow

Forgot I had already drilled the holes when you saw it, will fit a cut off switch in the cabin somewhere

Qashcow

Well what a ballache that turned out to be. Using a Renault 19 crank key, modified Clio bottom crank pulley, 182 cambelt kit and numerous new tools, i now have a new cambelt fitted. Easy peasy.

So, deadline of 3 weekends to fit the supercharger and finish the wiring ready for mapping, fingers crossed

Evo 5 RS

fingers x for you matey, really looking forward to seeing what you get out of the biatch. Oh and your motor looks sexual in the calender btw, if you didn't know ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

mate i think i already know the answer but i can't really be arsed to look through the whole thread to find it so though i would ask you as you may know better.

do you have any pictures of your subframes / how you attached your sidemounts to the car?
have fabricated some up but am a little unsure, pics of descriptions or anything will help...lol

340i

This kind of explains... (I assume your frames are similar?)

Remember to measure from corner to corner before you drill the holes to make sure they are square!

See below... ;)

9d0ff021.jpg

50737fca.jpg

fff21a0e.jpg

add52c1d.jpg

44d64229.jpg

Copyright Gray Motor-sport Fabrication Department.

Last edited:
  221bhp/ton Mondial Terror

You gonna get this finished before we go to Llandow my ginger brother from another mother? lol. Thanks for the txt the other week. All paid up now and noticed shadowness is coming too. Fairplay mate this is really coming together now. Im mega jealous!:(

Qashcow

It had better be, ive got some late nights coming up I think.... 2 and a bit weeks till it's off to TDF to get mapped :-/

Llandow should be good assuming it's still working lol

Megane 225 F1

Thankyou for curing my bordem over the last hour. Great thread and this last bit looks to be epic. Will it be at castle Combe action day this year? Would love to see it .

Qashcow

Not a problem willdot, can't say for sure about the action days but I am karting at Banbury in a few weeks so you should see it then

340i

Say the word, supply man hugs and a few cold beers I'll be there to lend a hand ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

This kind of explains... (I assume your frames are similar?)

Remember to measure from corner to corner before you drill the holes to make sure they are square!
See below... ;)
9d0ff021.jpg

50737fca.jpg

fff21a0e.jpg

add52c1d.jpg

44d64229.jpg

Copyright Gray Motor-sport Fabrication Department.

they are a little different, i now see why you put the raised right angle on that side, i was going to use 2 tabs but we now fear the rear tab may not be sufficient. hence why i am asking around on how people have done it. i will update my thread shortly.

Copy and paste queen ph-reebone :) will pm you links to my pics

replying now

340i

I tried using spacers / tabs on my original design.. but it didn't work, plus your putting alot of stress on a 1"~ square area which you are bolting to the floor pan.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

I tried using spacers / tabs on my original design.. but it didn't work, plus your putting alot of stress on a 1"~ square area which you are bolting to the floor pan.

exactly, hence my thoughts after various research to just bung the holes in the exhaust tunnel and to run bolts through the rails (in the chassis) and possible through the floor to some spreader plates underneath

Qashcow

Seat, sidemount, floor, sorted :)

My current wiring mess, slowly going nowhere

1f2618fe.gif

Been looking for something like this for a while now, distribution block for the live power. Eventually off a 3 series in the scrappy

c4a6ddc0.gif

1e86d57e.gif

Then went to buy some hose clips but these were cheaper, made up the 14 clips I needed

6bea09d2.gif

Popped into TDF on my way home from work today and had a nice chat with Matt and his collegue and picked up a few remaining electrical parts.

Managed to get back to Gloucester by 6pm and picked up another package, this was the one I was waiting on...

Mmmm rotrex supercharger

81aa39dc.gif

However, it came with everything else I needed to fit nearly everything including another oil cooler, so I now have 2 :-s

5597e54b.gif

Tomorrow I can start fitting all of the above at long last

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

bet you can't wait for tomorrow!

fingers crossed :D

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

dude grab me one of the conecter block things if u can, and remind me to make them calls tomorrow, the sound of that charger will be awesome trust me ;-P

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

man i love this, how much cheaper than the 4.4k for the rstuning SC kit?

Will be AMAZING!

Qashcow

Ade, will see what I can do while out and about.

Dave, can't say for definate as it's not completed, but I've spent a fair bit less than 4k including the cambelt change and TDF ecu, once mapped it shouldn't be above £4k!!

However, part of that is down to knowing the right people and getting good prices on most things, and having a go at it myself

Bossh, I reckon so but I'll leave it upto you again ;-)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Re: Bomber's Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Gave it my best for this time a night. PM me if you want it changing mate. Really looking forward to seeing how this develops :approve:

PS hero