ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet Mod?

Renault Clio S
Hi

The other day I noticed a Ford Fiesta (parked at Bluewater in Kent) with its bonnet raised about an inch at the top end and therefore no longer flush to the wing panels or bulk head. Is this just a broken bonnet or some form of mod? My initial reaction was that it presented a security risk as surely it would be easier to access the engine and disable the security system?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol bonnet lifters to let hot air from the engine escape, my understanding was they were more useful on turbo'd engines.

But it's more cosmetic mate.

Punto/Clio GTT
slight security risk i guess, but youd need a hell of a lot of leverage to do any sort of damage to the back of a bonnet by the hinges to get at the engine.

be quicker to pop a window, pop the bonnet and take what you want

rps13
LOL, function over form.

when you're moving there is an area of high pressure around the slam panel anyway, so bonnet lifters only work when you're stationary.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
if you could access the bonnet release cable from the gap, then could present a huge security risk,

i had these for a while,
they look gash,
and everyone just says...

'mate your bonnets open!'

Audi TT
Ha, it's copying the Jap scene where they do it to drift cars as when you're constantly sideways the front mounted radiator and intercooler isn't working so well so they lift the back of the bonnet to allow some heat exchange during drifting. Obviously goes sideways in his FWD fiesta. Oh really?!? ha ha

Renault Clio S
Ha, it's copying the Jap scene where they do it to drift cars as when you're constantly sideways the front mounted radiator and intercooler isn't working so well so they lift the back of the bonnet to allow some heat exchange during drifting. Obviously goes sideways in his FWD fiesta. Oh really?!? ha ha

I watched FAF Tokyo Drift the other night and didn't see many Fiesta's.