ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet repair, help!

Right basically when I bought my car it had a pretty big dent in the front of the bonnet just where it sits above the badge, it's also cracked the paintwork inside the dent and the bonnet is higher at the front then back, looks abit like lifters at the front but it's not, do I try and fix this somehow or just get a new bonnet? Any help, thanks

Thanks guys, been thinking new bonnet, was already quoted 250 to repair the dent, the only problem I got with getting a second hand bonnet is getting the right colour, mines 632 platinum, so hard to find one in that colour

Renault Clio 2001
If the panel gaps dont line up right it could be out of shape and no matter how much work you do you will never get it right, new bonnet is always best, even a second hand one in a close enough colour and pay for it to be sprayed.

Should be a piece of piss finding one in 632, just about every silver non sport Mk2 Ph2 was 632.

been looking around for a new bonnet, none have come up so far, i can get a new one for £60 unpainted so i might have a look at doing that then getting it sprayed. hopefully i can get it sorted for CSS

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
what year/plate is your car? From your avatar pic, it looks like you have a facelift (54 plate onwards) model and they didn't come in Platinum Silver.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is the car in your picture yours? The bumper and wheels are facelift...

yep one in the pic is mine,
2012-05-19165305.jpg

heres a pic of the damage... hard to see the dent
2012-06-26152141.jpg

and how its lifted at the front...
2012-06-26152149.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well I never. In all my Renault dealing years (12 now!!) I've never seen one of them.