ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bord of my car

clio mk1
hi, i have a slow 1.2 mk1 an ive had it for two years, this last couple of months ive bin gettin realy bord of it, and i only have a few options to choose from

1, put my alloys back on and get it lowerd and some general tlc as it needs it
oh an get it on my own insurance

2, sell it an use my money i was savein for my own insurance to buy somthing else (dont know what) probly a vtr or corsa sport ect

3, give up with cars an just keep it as it is

any ideas?

get your alloys on, give it some TLC and lower it on a decent suspension set up and you'll lvoe it again! Def get it on your own insurance tho!

clio mk1
would but my gf wont let me lol,

but thats only because i wont let her have one.

i wanted a cr500, old school motocross style lol

www.renparts.co.uk
flog it and get a vtr. im running round in one at the moment. for the money immensely entertaining to drive and theyre not as badly put together as people make out.

if you are bored of the power, then i wouldnt spend any money modifying it tbh, as you will get bored again

if not, some tlc, alloys etc could make you appreciate it more?

182BG
saving your cash for your own insurance is a good idea, i wouldnt go and blow it all on another car, get some no claims up, then you will be able to insure something better than a saxo or corsa later on

clio mk1
ive never bin good at makin my mind up, in this case probly cos i havent got to much money to spend

clio mk1
i was thinkin that way lee cup, thing thats i bit of a downer is that all my mates have faster/ beter cars than me an there younger, one has a 328 bimer

182BG
I know its hard mate, i was in the same position, had to try and keep up or out-do everybody. But if had the chance i would of stuck with my little fiesta back when i was 17, im now 23 and have only just finally gone on my own insurance and earned 1 years no claims.

And im driving round in a wanky old motor because im fed up with paying loads on my insurance, while all my mates are laughing with their 6/7yrs no claims while driving in nice expensive cars.

Be patient mate, your time will come. Plus think how much your saving on fuel compared to your mate with the BMW :)

www.renparts.co.uk
if you havent got much money so spend i say keep it... also keep some money aside for things breaking.... no point in spunking your money on cars you can't afford. Keep it another year and try and save some money by keeping it standard and only doing things that need to be done on it. Come next year you will have some spare cash to upgrade to a better car and not be in debt.

clio mk1
iam 20 was told when you get to 21 or over insurance drops alot ? but thats only 2 months away, yer the bmw uses abit,, hes only 19 think hes payin about 2500 for insurance

J03

MX5 1.8
i havent even passed my test and am bored of my 04 1.2 clio already, iv only had it a month.. its too slow

iam 20 was told when you get to 21 or over insurance drops alot ? but thats only 2 months away, yer the bmw uses abit,, hes only 19 think hes payin about 2500 for insurance

Its an old wives tale mate, it does drop, but not loads. I'm 22, 4yrs ncb and my insurance on a 172 is still gonna be £800. Its NCB that makes the difference because with out it that quote was £2000

XE'd Corsa
hi, i have a slow 1.2 mk1 an ive had it for two years, this last couple of months ive bin gettin realy bord of it, and i only have a few options to choose from

2, sell it an use my money i was savein for my own insurance to buy somthing else (dont know what) probly a vtr or corsa sport ect

any ideas?

saxo vtr are rubbish i used to rape my mates in my ex's 1.4rt clio, join my gang get a corsa lol u can always stick a gsi or red top engine in :D mine owes me 1500 and ive rebuilt the engine with rally cams, eats elises and dare i say it 172s for breaky :quiet:

saxo vtr are rubbish i used to rape my mates in my ex's 1.4rt clio, join my gang get a corsa lol u can always stick a gsi or red top engine in :D mine owes me 1500 and ive rebuilt the engine with rally cams, eats elises and dare i say it 172s for breaky :quiet:

I love stupid statements like this!

5 door 1.4 rt clio
id say keep it, put ur alloys back on and give it some tlc.

doesnt cost much to give it some tlc, just some good cleaning products or spray to update things like the bump strips etc.

get ur own insurance and then in 2/3 years get a better car... no point going all out too soon. dont need a fast car to have fun and when will you get to use that full speed.

Black 182
id say keep it, put ur alloys back on and give it some tlc.

doesnt cost much to give it some tlc, just some good cleaning products or spray to update things like the bump strips etc.

get ur own insurance and then in 2/3 years get a better car... no point going all out too soon. dont need a fast car to have fun and when will you get to use that full speed.

Like he said ^:approve:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If you want to change, change. It's alright saying wait 2/3 years and you'll be able to get something quick, why not get something quick now ??? You only live once!

XE'd Corsa
dunno until i get it rr'd it was in my mates gsi cav before and apparently made over 170 before i put the high lift cams in. its got a gas flowed ported and polished head, rally cams, power cap, 2 and a quarter inch straight thru exhaust with competition tubular manifold, a gay looking ik and still sports the 1.2 badges. ive raced 2 elises 1 of which ive got on video. it looks totally standard apart from being lowered and the backbox. if u can find the owner of the blue mk1 172 i came accross on the a11 to norwich a few weeks back he'll tell ya shes a quick one. ps ive owned a modified 172 (hillpower's development car the red one on the hillpower website) and its quicker than that :)

XE'd Corsa
and i love stupid people like u lol ;)

my point unfortunately has already been made for me, but if your Corsa is truly quicker than an elise it is quicker than a standard 172!

we finally agree lol :D i know corsas are a bag of s**t but if u want to go fast on a tight budget and have reliability, good mpg and really piss everyone who races u off then a red top lump in a corsa will do nicely, the bits are cheap as chips too.

not that I would ever buy one coz I cant stand corsa's, but whats the insurance like compared to a std 172? and who do you insure it with?

www.renparts.co.uk

any ideas?

im sure he can afford to run a gsi with a red top. i believe you raped a vtr in a 1.4 rt.. probably becuase it had 10 tonnes of subs in the boot and was clad in an oversized hand painted bodykit. If you look at the figures you will find theyre worlds slower.

XE'd Corsa
im sure he can afford to run a gsi with a red top.

i believe you raped a vtr in a 1.4 rt.. probably becuase it had 10 tonnes of subs in the boot and was clad in an oversized hand painted bodykit. If you look at the figures you will find theyre worlds slower.[/quote]

it was one freakishly quick rt for what it was :rasp: and it was my mates vtr with no subs or japanese snow plow style bodykit. i must look at those figures thou lol and forget what actually happened. hell maybe he had a particullary slow vtr and the rt was a good un plus a lot is too do with how u drive, racing lines, slow in fast out etc. in any case a vtr is still a slow pile of poo poo

XE'd Corsa
a vtr is still a slow pile of poo poo

depends what you are comparing it to! compared to a 1.2 or 1.4 clio its pretty rapid ;) Maybe your mate just couldnt drive lol

quite possibily he cant lol i know with equal driving abilities in a straight line a vtr saxo is quicker than a 1.4 mk1 clio in girly blue im not stupid, i also know that 0.2 of a litre capacity diffrence can be made up by better driving technics, i have done lots of track work and have easily beaten bigger and more powerful cars by driving properly.

depends what you are comparing it to! compared to a 1.2 or 1.4 clio its pretty rapid ;) Maybe your mate just couldnt drive lol

quite possibily he cant lol i know with equal driving abilities in a straight line a vtr saxo is quicker than a 1.4 mk1 clio in girly blue im not stupid, i also know that 0.2 of a litre capacity diffrence can be made up by better driving technics, i have done lots of track work and have easily beaten bigger and more powerful cars by driving properly.

If a transit can overtake motorbikes on the 'ring i can belive it mate ;)

clio mk1
i thought this was my post lol, i dont need/ want a car with a high top speed i carnt see the point i just wanted somthin thats quick to about 80 an that woud do me fine.