ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
This in turn has meant that the airbox is mounted rather solidly, so being carbon fibre and expensive, I've bought a hump hose to try and allow some flexibility between the engine and the airbox.

Not that you need me to tell you/confirm but this is definitely a must, for this exact reason my alluminum airbox sheared, it was only mounted off the inlet and with the weight of it and the vibration from the engine the mounting face welds cracked pretty quick,

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Little bit more done today. Hump hose arrived so that's been cut down and fitted.
I've also made the final heat shield to prevent the heat off the manifold getting to the brake servo pipe, breather pipe and carbon airbox.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

For some reason the starter motor decided to s**t itself yesterday, so gave it a light massage with a hammer. Fires up again! Lol!

Got an update on the rear stub axles as well, so hopefully I'll have them for this coming weekend! :cool:

The next couple of weeks should see the cup getting a safe map for me to drive it and put a few miles on it and get an mot. After that it's mapping time. :up:

More to come.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Little bit more progress made today. First off I made the blanking plates for around the grille/radiator assembly. This will also reduce the amount of s**t and snot that gets into the engine bay.
image.jpeg
I've added a couple of cutouts to allow some cool air onto the inlet/into the bay, and also allow cool air to flow around the alternator.

Next up was a quick play with the gen90 in the fuel and ignition maps. Not really sure why I'm bothering tbh as it'll be swapped over with a different one, but boys and their toys!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
It still starts so I guess I got it right. Lol! Those screen shots are pre messing btw.
All the relevant sensor readings are good as well which was nice to see.

I might have a word with Sean about setting up the launch control as well. Depends on how much faff it is.

And finally I received some pics off @nath&alex of his missus naked, no sorry, she sent them. He sent me some pics of the stub axles that are fresh off the machine! I think you'll agree, they look awesome!! Can't wait to get them fitted. The 2 on the left are fresh out the machine finish, and the 2 on the right are after they've been aquablasted.
image.png
Happy days!

More to come.

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
And finally I received some pics off @nath&alex of his missus naked, no sorry, she sent them. He sent me some pics of the stub axles that are fresh off the machine! I think you'll agree, they look awesome!! Can't wait to get them fitted. The 2 on the left are fresh out the machine finish, and the 2 on the right are after they've been aquablasted.View attachment 150676Happy days!

Still unsure whether I prefer freshly machined or aquablast finish??

I'm swaying towards aquablast finish

It's not true about missus Mark's a sex pest ask @Cub.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
looks great, are you changing the ecu from the gen90 or is it just the map you meant with swap?

How do you rate the gen90 in terms of the software and overall features of the hardware?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
looks great, are you changing the ecu from the gen90 or is it just the map you meant with swap?

How do you rate the gen90 in terms of the software and overall features of the hardware?
Thanks! No mate keeping with the gen90 and just swapping the map over that's in the ecu.

I really do rate the gen90 mate. Properly packed full of features, but potentially a bit busy on on some of the screens. I've not done anything to do with mapping since I had my Astra and that was on pectel t2. Just feeling my way around it really and having a dabble.

The biggest plus point for me was no need to run a piggyback ecu and patch loom.

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
:car:
I like either tbh mate. Makes no odds to me!

Lies. Gone off cub now he's impregnated a female anyway.
I've definitely heard you like it either way!!

I get the other set aquablasted as well then :wink:

Brackets next week and we're sorted :up: I told you I have all the fixings now as well didn't I??

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
:car:
I've definitely heard you like it either way!!

I get the other set aquablasted as well then :wink:

Brackets next week and we're sorted :up: I told you I have all the fixings now as well didn't I??
Yeah you told me the other day when you were locked in the wardrobe and I was just climbing off your missus. :up:

I've got an mot and mapping to book!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Had a couple of hours spare the past few days so I made a start on the sump guard/gearbox cooler type thing. I started off with a piece of 3-4mm aluminium sheet and traced around the original plastic cover. Cut it out to shape and made sure it would offer up alright.
image.jpeg
With this done and it all fitting up ok it was time for the rather unenviable task of putting a kink on it to follow the outline of the subframe. This is aircraft grade aluminium and bending it is not easy!! Made a little tool up at work to clamp it to the bench, then 2 of us stood on it to put the desired kink on it. That was a combined effort of 25 stone, and it still took some effort!! Lol!
image.jpeg
Here it is complete with kink and cut outs. The one at the back is for the gear lever, the 3 holes are to allow airflow to the sump as a bit of additional oil cooling, and the one that's shaped funny is something to cool the gearbox casing.
Heard of a naca duct? Well that's what will be fitted here. There's no space for an off the shelf item, so it's custom made only.
image.jpeg
This will be welded in and the sides filled in to funnel the airflow up to the casing. There's also a piece that's riveted in place on the inside now to act as a funnel as well.
image.jpeg
Here's a shot of it in place and showing the placement of the holes for the sump along with the oil cooler cutout.
Once it's all welded up I'm going to take it to be anodised black I think, but I'll see how I feel.

Had this arrive in the post today as well!
image.jpeg
This will be fitted after the car has been mapped.

More to come!

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Last edited:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thing is mate if something takes ages but the final result is great then I always think it's been worth it.

Just like when things are expensive but worth it.

However there's nothing worse than things taking ages to do but look s**t or paying someone a lot of money to do something only for them to mess it up or it not being to the standard you hoped for.

Keep up the epic work bud, love it. [emoji7]

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thing is mate if something takes ages but the final result is great then I always think it's been worth it.

Just like when things are expensive but worth it.

However there's nothing worse than things taking ages to do but look s**t or paying someone a lot of money to do something only for them to mess it up or it not being to the standard you hoped for.

Keep up the epic work bud, love it. [emoji7]
I think the worst thing for me is that I don't even know if it'll work! Lol! Fingers crossed it does as I cba to fit a gearbox oil cooler. I've already got the pump though.

This little job has probably got around 10-12hrs in it already with all the fitting up and checking, cutting, adjusting etc. It will need some slight adjustment as well when it's on the car as the guiding ribs are touching the gearbox casing. Nothing a die grinder can't fix, just adds time really.

Yeah I agree mate, this is why I try to do all my own work. That way I've only got myself to blame!

Thanks mate. I'll keep plugging away don't you worry! :cool: