ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo caliper colour - BG

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Unsure on what colour to go for with my brembos? I'm thinking an OEM silver? Don't really want them to be 'lost' behind the 2118s.
The calipers currently there are red, but this doesn't fit into the theme of the car at all!

Opinions welcomed.

20200413_184457.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Just had my calipers redone in OEM silver, admittedly not brembos just standard calipers. If you have a good shot side of the 2118's I can always photoshop some colours, help you make a decision (y)

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
What colours other than the silver do you fancy? Will have a look tomorrow and see what I can do 👍

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I had in my mind just standard silver or going black with silver brembo decals.
Theres not really any colour in the rest of the car to tie into so would be a bit weird I reckon. BG problems

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Agree with silver for brakes. Those that want Brembo’s for the performance benefit keep it understated. Those that want to tell people they have Brembos paint them dog knob red 🤔

What association has colour got to do with whether you have them for a performance benefit or just for show? Mine are red on my Trophy, as I got them for a very good price as brand spanking new units, and also like the fact they tie in with the colour of my car. I guess I should remove them from my car or have them painted silver in case I get accused of having them for show?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
What association has colour got to do with whether you have them for a performance benefit or just for show? Mine are red on my Trophy, as I got them for a very good price as brand spanking new units, and also like the fact they tie in with the colour of my car. I guess I should remove them from my car or have them painted silver in case I get accused of having them for show?
It's very car dependant that's for sure. It's also nice to have parts that look good whilst maintaining great performance. That's why I have Pole positions and didnt just shove generic Ebay bucketseats in.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member

Agree with silver for brakes. Those that want Brembo’s for the performance benefit keep it understated. Those that want to tell people they have Brembos paint them dog knob red 🤔

On Ashs car, the red matches the colour of his Trophy exterior paintwork, so red looks perfect. I wouldn't just tosh big red calipers on any car though.
Black or silver on Louis car would be my choice. But its his choice, not mine lol :D

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Black with silver decals.

If you wanted something slightly more interesting I think liquid yellow would work and fit in with renaults f1 colours.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member

It was a joke mate, hence the hmm emoji...don’t take it to heart!

If I had a trophy with Brembo’s then I would have them painted factory red or silver!

However (IMO) Brakes always look better in Silver, especially Brembo’s and especially on a black car.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Apologies, downloaded the image and then didn't do it, here it is in silver'ish, any other colours just shout, what colour are your bullets on the car?

20200229_104621RT.jpg