ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo question, mounting related (yes, another one)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
So I have almost all the parts for my Brembo conversion;

Clio 200 brembos
280mm discs
Hoses
Pads
Brackets

Now my understanding is that 5mm needs machining off the calliper mounting point(where it attaches to the bracket). Is this correct?

I spoke with a motor engineer today about getting the work done and he says it's unusual to machine the calliper as opposed to the bracket as obviously that makes the caliper useless without anything but these brackets.

So my question is why is this the case. Just want to make sure I do it correctly as I'm a complete novice at this stuff and only know the basics. Cheers in advance!

CJM

I do believe it's due to not being able to make the bracket any smaller.
Going off the 300mm ones I had the bolts to mount the bracket to the hub would be in the way.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It makes the distance between the bolt mounting to the calipers and the bolt mounting to the car too small with little meat left of the bracket.

Be easier to buy 300mm disks

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Ok, so which part of the caliper is to be machined? The part closest to the front or the back?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I've bought brackets to fit the 280mm discs..is there a difference?

Yes, There is 300mm Discs that need one size of bracket and 280mm Discs that need another size brakes from what I'm led to believe.
As said i went with 300mm Bracket from PMS as i knew 172 Cup alloys fitted no problem with no spacers and the calipers did not need shaved.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yeah no worries mate. Just wanted to confirm before the engineer starts doing something different! Where did you guys get the pin kit for the brembos?

172 Turbo
Took a while but found them
10352599_10156394560625014_6534845216892825221_n.jpg

I guess the engineer is just a bit concerned about where he's milling

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Yeah no worries mate. Just wanted to confirm before the engineer starts doing something different! Where did you guys get the pin kit for the brembos?

Can do Brembo Pads & Pin kit for under £40.00

image.jpeg