ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brother hit a pheasant.

2004 182FF
Knew I shouldn't have sold him my 182.... Ha. I jest, he was doing 80 down the motorway and BOOM, pheasant. Saw chunks of car flying off in his mirror.

I know the splitter is £100ish (he doesn't want to do the Skoda trick, want's to keep it standard) - how much is the arch plastic etc? It 'looks' minor and I doubt the bumper will need replacing - the fog light has stopped working though, probably the bulb?

SK2Bu.jpg

ESYAF.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Shame he was on the motorway, if it happened on a B road he could have stopped and put the thing in his boot,
pheasents are worth a bit of money, could have helped pay for some of the damage.

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
I had a rabbit do the same corner both on my 172 cup and trophy, the splitter was about £158 i seem to remember and the arch liner is £38+vat.

If the rabbits had of still been alive i'd of reversed over the f**kers :mad:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Change the splitter for a skoda, its simply not worth it for the real thing, unless he really wants to pay £150.

Then I'd leave the arch liner, I ran with no liner on the passenger side after it fell out and never had an issue. I believe the passenger side one is the one you need the most too due to being by all the electrics.

275 Trophy
When I hit 'mine' it took the fog light out completely and looking in the rear view, I saw it about 10 foot in the air. Bird was knocked into the path of a 5 series coming the other way. Hate the bloody things.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not a fan of running with no arch liner i had to run without one for a month and it may be coincedence but my alternator AND aux belt idler AND aux belt tensioner all seazed within a month and they were exposed to the elements, as was the cambelt area! now repaired and sorted!

2004 182FF
not a fan of running with no arch liner i had to run without one for a month and it may be coincedence but my alternator AND aux belt idler AND aux belt tensioner all seazed within a month and they were exposed to the elements, as was the cambelt area! now repaired and sorted!

This is my worry too - winter/rain/salt/exposed bottom pulley just makes me shudder, haha. He's taking it to RenTech on Monday to get it looked at.

Disastra Coupe
Unlucky. I hit one at about 60mph on my Ducati couple of year back, managed to stay on but i had a right mess on my leathers and bike! Lol

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
Unlucky. I hit one at about 60mph on my Ducati couple of year back, managed to stay on but i had a right mess on my leathers and bike! Lol

ive run over a few on mine, but had a couple of pigeons hit me, and hit a deer also...

Listerine & Poledo
Try having a Muntjak run out on you in the foggy darkness.

those antlers make a serious mess of your sump, that's one hell of a bill

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I hit a pheasant in the spring in the vee. It looked 10x worse than that I was totally gutted:(

Listerine & Poledo
just get a Fabia one. splitters only get wiped out on speed bumps once someone starts giving it da lowz anyway.

why lose £100+ each time

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Is there even that much diffferent between the OEM and the fabia oone anyway!

How much work is it to replace the passenger arch liner? Mine needs done.

1eight2
Had one stand in the road the other day couldn't swerve went right under the car and looked back it was in the middle of the road bouncing about with feathers everywhere. No damage to my car thankfully!

350z, Subaru Legacy
Where you based? I have a Renault one kicking about that I should probably sell, couple of scuffs I'd imagine...