ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTB Exaust on 172

Called at BTB today to have the 182 cat and stealth stainless exhaust fitted, again what can I say, quality and workmanship 2nd to none, the car responds so much better than with the restrictive pattern system that was on, this was along with a trip to Dan at
519 Automotive so a long day.

Thanks to Joe and Jane and for Allen and the lads for fitting the system

Regards Russ.............

Yes it certainly does, I assume you've got one fitted? I'm back up to Paul at RS Tuning on Monday to see how things go on the rollers, I'm not to bothered what it makes TBH the way the car responds is so much better, their system must be great on the 182 manifold as well as I assume it'll get rid of the hole in the torque the 172 suffers with? I'll find out Monday.

Regards Russ...........

Yep, it works well doesn't it!

Sprint 172
Yes, mine was the prototype. You'll love the remap, mine is an off the shelf RSTuner remap and worked so well with the exhaust. Yours will be even better. Can't wait to see your plots.

Yes it certainly does, I assume you've got one fitted? I'm back up to Paul at RS Tuning on Monday to see how things go on the rollers, I'm not to bothered what it makes TBH the way the car responds is so much better, their system must be great on the 182 manifold as well as I assume it'll get rid of the hole in the torque the 172 suffers with? I'll find out Monday.

Regards Russ...........

vecbtb,

Unfortunatly I'll not be having a remap as it's a back to back comparison for the OE to BTB system, as you say would be worth it but I'm going to cams/itbs eventualy, I've got all my base times for the sprints I did last year and will run the car in the same spec, don't want to waist money paying for mapping I'll probably only use for 12months , last job is 2 tyres for the front and possibly solid engine mounts, K Tec but looking at how the Polly Bush dog bone has changed it may not bother, and some brakes that work thanks to Dans efforts yesterday.

Regards Russ.....

Sprint 172
I see. Be good to see back to back tests though. If it's anything like their 182 system, peak power may only increase 1-2bhp, but the mid range will tell a different story.

As you say it's the mid range that counts, never been bothered about peak figure or what the engine makes in general tbh it may as well be 180 beans, the way the car responds pulling out of corners is where the time is made. I was'nt sure if someone had done the back to back figures just to give a general idea of what the system made, the rest of the engine is stock, even the Renault OE air filter.
Did you get your car on the rollers or did you not bother?

Regards Russ

I see. Be good to see back to back tests though. If it's anything like their 182 system, peak power may only increase 1-2bhp, but the mid range will tell a different story.

Sprint 172
Mine was an emergency purchase (OE exhaust rusted and broke) so I never got a chance to test it. I planned to test the modded 182 cat but never got round to it!

It'll be nice to get some figures at last.

As you say it's the mid range that counts, never been bothered about peak figure or what the engine makes in general tbh it may as well be 180 beans, the way the car responds pulling out of corners is where the time is made. I was'nt sure if someone had done the back to back figures just to give a general idea of what the system made, the rest of the engine is stock, even the Renault OE air filter.
Did you get your car on the rollers or did you not bother?

Regards Russ