ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTCC Donington 2011 pics

Oil Burner
Plenty of well panned sharp shots in there. Particularly of the great looking Audi.

Just need to work on framing and i would work on getting shots on the car before its gone past you. Albeit obviously Donington isn't the best of photographic circuits (certainly didn't enjoy my weekend in a photographic sense)

Trophy #267
How do you mean framing ? As much as I love the 350d, 1) the screen on it is too small so its very difficult to actually see what you just took 2) 3 FPS means i miss quite a lot compared to newer bodies.
The Audi was a nemesis lol. As I was just before the old hairpin, the cars were slowing down so my rate of panning wasnt constant. A few of the clios and the Audi in particular were spitting flames when changing down just before the corner, so I spent quite a while trying to capture it. Thankfully, the one i did get was clear !
Interestingly, I played with ISO throughout the day and the latter pics I took were at a higher iso and gave the best and worst results. They work great for the panning shots and one of Jacksons Focus is very good, but the ones of the bridge where Chilton & Neate ended up were very washed out.

Oil Burner
Framing is how you lay out the shot. if something is framed tightly it will mean the subject is close to the edge of the picture. Framed loose and there is lots of space in the picture. So when i say watch your framing i mean take more care to get the subject in the right spot in the photo.

I wouldn't worry about the FPS too much. It doesn't really make too much difference unless your trying to catch a sequence.

Are you shooting Manual?

If not then give TV a go. Set it to between 1/100 - 1/320th (depends if its a pan or head on shot) and then monitor the aperture trying to keep it around F6.3 - F8 by adjusting the ISO