ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed - From The beginning

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: My Ph1 172 track sl*g Progress Thread

I have just read this thread. Again. For the 3rd time.

And it has confirmed that phase-1 ownership is where I belong. M3 is now up for sale and i'm coming to keep you boys company. :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

pmsl at you coming back to it again.......take your time and get a mint blue / yellow or red one mate...

172 Race Car

My car went back to the black mountains today, been there before with the previous owner.

056.jpg

029.jpg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

if i got a ph1 are they reliable enough for 25000 miles a year

A4 DTM/iceberg cup

would still swap it for a cup and a half decent steering wheel though wouldnt you....??? ;)

Last edited:
  172 Race Car

Riz, Mine has done about 2,500 in six months. Not one (real) problem but I have 'recified' all the possible problems. Russ-16v has a high miler and they ae not too bad.

Jon, Maybe ;)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

im tempted but if i got one i would have to change rear lights and bumper so may be better off with a next ph

SchwepTek™

Went out in Jays car last night and i have to say....i am impressed!

The sound of the new induction setup is AMAZING. Comes close to ITB noise especially around 5k!

Anyway, I ran a few RSTuner performance analysis's on it and here's a graph of the results.

untitled.jpg

The weight shown on the graph includes the cars kerb weight with all fluids and with myself and Jay sat in it!

All it needs now is a remap......... ;)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

just read the whole thread, should be well pleased with yourself - excellent car!

Qashcow

will be interesting after seeing that what results you come up with then on saturday

172 Race Car

If that works out as 138bhp then that cant be far off as the last time it was rolling roaded it ran 117bhp @ wheels. 20-25bhp down on everyone else.

That was with a broken Knock sensor and incorect cambelt timing

172 Race Car

Well yet again the car has done me proud at a track day. Oulton park yesterday was superb!

The spring change has made a vast improvement, so well balanced compaired to what it was.

You need to be awake tho, I had a few highspeed, sideways, back wheel off the track moments. Bomber and Tony will tell you, ha ha.

Video of the day is HERE

Im seriously considering getting some better tyres for next year. The pradas are fine but really do suffer and complain.

Rolling road on saturday then it will be put to bed for the winter..... Wont stop the tinkering tho, got loads of little things to do.

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172

Superb to meet you yesterday and finally see your motor too... :star:

Great vid, too...

Would seem that your stiff rear-end is giving you quite a lot of lift-off oversteer... I don't find I need to correct that way, on the limit my arse-end feels like it's 'drifting' rather then 'snapping' out...

If I see you on another track day you can have a drive and see how it compares...

Keep up the good work with the car!!

PS. Any footage featuring my car?? :)

172 Race Car

Dont think ive got any footage of yours im afraid, didnt get the camera out untill mid afternoon, was having too much fun. Will have another look tho, maybe when tony was driving you may have been around.

The 'moments i had in the video were when i was trail braking, doing what the instructor had just taught me in the 197cup. Need to work on that, Lol

172 Race Car

Rolling roaded yesterday and got 175bhp! 32bhp gain from back in March before the cambelt change. Of course its had a/c removed, exhaust and induction changed.

Well happy with that, potential for some more at some stage. Depending on funds.

Vid of it on the rollers

172 Race Car

Pic of my front left tyre after oulton

IMAGE_040.jpg

IMAGE_041.jpg

Took it when i got back.

I hear 3 number eights calling!

Last edited:

My Paradas were exactly the same up at Croft... They got so hot and soft you could pull lumps of rubber off them with your fingertips!!

R888s FTW (or Yoko A048Rs) - but R888s (195/50/15) can be had for £231 delivered! :D

172 Race Car

It wasnt even a hot day really, imagine if the track had been 40'+

how much can u get yoko's for?

how much can u get yoko's for?

Not priced them tbh. I asked a track-side tyre dude at a race meeting and he didn't have a price with him, but confirmed they were more expensive than R888s.

The series I was watching could run MSA 1a/1b tyres (so most were on R888s or A048Rs, with the majority opting for R888s. The tyrewalls are so hard they make the car feel like a different machine!!

My A048Rs cost £80 for the set, second-hand... I've done 2 track days with them on the rear and there's still life left in them... :)

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR

well, ive been officially warned about internet abuse at work....

But jesus, what a quality read......:)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

Check out the re-moulds. That is doing things on a budget!

172 Race Car

Check out the re-moulds. That is doing things on a budget!

Remoulds? I thought they were almost brand spanking new Parada 2s?

WTF? they were new yokahama prada spec 2's. they have done less than 2,500 miles but several tracks.

Can you even buy remoulds anymore?

A whole day spent on a track with 85mph+ corners is gonna do that to any road tyre

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Thats why I've got 888's for next week.

172 Race Car

Didnt think i would actually go fast enough to need better tyres but it looks like the time has come.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

Remoulds? I thought they were almost brand spanking new Parada 2s?

WTF? they were new yokahama prada spec 2's. they have done less than 2,500 miles but several tracks.

Can you even buy remoulds anymore?

A whole day spent on a track with 85mph+ corners is gonna do that to any road tyre
It was a joke Kids. They just reminded me of remoulds with a defined band of rubber.