ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed - From The beginning

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: My Ph1 172 track sl*g Progress Thread

Loving the southwest banter.

Maybe we sould all go for a sunbed and a c0cktail one night??

172 Race Car

Someone has just done this for me...........

burp.jpg

haha, mint

M

mini-valver

When you cut your airbag loom out fella, did you just trace the ecu and seat wiring back to the main loom under the dash and juct hack it off or unwrap the whole loom and seperate it?

172 Race Car

Hack away my friend, just insulate them neatly after. Im sure there must be some pics earlier in this thread.

M

mini-valver

LOL, rig up! Ill do it when I pick it up, awesome. Looks messy as feck with the loom draped everywhere....

172 Race Car

Looking good matey - got the same disks on mine now.
What pads you using? im on DS2500's now :D

Sorry James i forgot to say what i had. Yea they are DS2500 and max discs. tbh id just get normal hc's if i was buying new

172 Race Car

Some pics of stuff i havent posted before.

My 'custom' camera mount, LOL

IMAGE_744.jpg

Got a boot net for holding stuff down while on the road. Only works when the spare is in.

IMAGE_745.jpg

Yesterday i got some grip tape for the foot well.

IMAGE_738.jpg

IMAGE_739.jpg

IMAGE_740.jpg

IMAGE_741.jpg

The stuff is like s**t to a blanket!

My name stickers at Fcs

IMAGE_746.jpg

Tow sticker i got from Legohead, very well made and sticks no problem

IMAGE_743.jpg

172 & RSi

Lovely, where did you got the CAF in the fog light from? Its just what I'm after.

172 & RSi

I would probably run it up to my BMC yeah, but I like the look more than anything else. What size is it? 75mm?

Mk1 Clio

Awesome read, took me about n hour lol but looks like a top job mate!

172 Race Car

Check this out!

Ph1%20Build

Tony driving it like he stole it round Curbourgh sprint course yesterday. Got some more footage, just need to edit it all.

Qashcow

fookin ell'!!! tony, you are never driving my car lol. at least now we know the car can do it. get urrrr drift on ha

172 Race Car

I stoped the video just as he went sailing past the corner and onto the grass. That was with the abs fuse out, locking rear brakes anyone?

I seen the vid 20 times and still pmsl

172 Race Car

Yep, sure was. First time ive seen it going round a track and it sounds amazing. That was a fun corner. got some on board of it some where. He only went off twice. But then i did too.

He took his 182 round for a few laps and the brakes caught fire almost

Did he give you some more positive feedback about yours ?

172 Race Car

Understeer, It wont lift off oversteer for some reason. Makes it slow to change direction. (video is with rear brakes locking) Not too bad on a big track but really showed up around curbourgh.

Might have to look into it when funds alow. got some ideas but need to run them by someone who knows.

Other than that its fine, brakes were impressive. we cained it all day and they were spot on.

Qashcow

u shite, after such a bad day at work on tuesday i needed to be ragging the car instead. cant wait for next bedford day now.

what are these other ideas then? an whats causing the understeer? i was getting some at rockingham, unsure yet if thats just the tyres not being up to it though

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

jay...

talking eyebolts, i got my OMP harnesses the other day, check my thread, you know if all eyebolts have the same thread size? these don't seem keen on going in down on the sills, the rears have gone in fine

182cup & 172 racecar

Removing abs fuse not recommended,Jay made me go out in it first,that was fun:eek:

172 Race Car

Finaly got around to sorting out my induction kit.

so went from this.

IMAGE_001.jpg

Using this.. A piece of waste subaru intercooler pipe

IMAGE_003.jpg

A pipercross filter and some silicone hoses to end up with this.

IMAGE_005.jpg

IMAGE_002.jpg

IMAGE_006.jpg

IMAGE_004.jpg

IMAGE_008.jpg

Its sat right below the headlamp where it will get cold air directly from the cutout in the bumper.

Just need some hose clips and a small filter for the idle valve to finish it off.

Looking good fella, cant wait till the RRd to see how much it has changed since its last outing to a RRd.

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172

Finaly got around to sorting out my induction kit.

Its sat right below the headlamp where it will get cold air directly from the cutout in the bumper.

Just need some hose clips and a small filter for the idle valve to finish it off.

Hi Mr Burp

Looks great! Any noticeable difference in throttle response (sure it sounds ace in any case!!) :D