ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed - From The beginning

172 Race Car
Re: My Ph1 172 track sl*g Progress Thread

IMAGE_043.jpg

IMAGE_042.jpg

Fooked!!

172 Race Car

A what?

I probably wont be touching it till the new year.

Got some more plans for it tho :evil:

172 Race Car

U already know some of it chap.

The rest depends on funds. Cant spend loads on it coz i'll have no money for track days

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172

U already know some of it chap.

The rest depends on funds. Cant spend loads on it coz i'll have no money for track days

1. Spend no more money on it (it is mint!) - except tyres
2. Buy a tow-bar or borrow a car with one
3. Hire a trailer (£30-50 per day/weekend)

and...

JUST DO TRACKDAYS! :D

:race:

M

mini-valver

Love this car, credit to you mate!

53 Clio's & counting

lol fair play mate just remember what happened to martin in my old hyrid when he ran sticky tires!

lol fair play mate just remember what happened to martin in my old hyrid when he ran sticky tires!

What happened to him? Apart from him getting round any track significantly quicker?? :cool:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Did I see an in-car video of that? And some photographer caught a great pic of it just as it was up on two wheels about to go right over?

Scary stuff - no apparent LOFT... V unlucky!! :dapprove:

53 Clio's & counting

i would say light weight and too much grip lol

god i miss that car

172 Race Car

Cool Monsieur Burp!! How much did they set you back? I know you love a bargain!! ;)
Id rather not say how much they were ;)

Probem is that i have four 205/50R15's and two 195/50R15's

I was hoping to mix and match them and make a good set but thats that out of the window. May hve somemore 195's coming my way before the car goes back on the road.

Can I use the 205/50's?
Obviously they will increase the ride height abit and possibly rub, if they fit my wheels.

Mondeo TDCI 130

My Paradas were exactly the same up at Croft... They got so hot and soft you could pull lumps of rubber off them with your fingertips!!

R888s FTW (or Yoko A048Rs) - but R888s (195/50/15) can be had for £231 delivered! :D

Get them bought tight racer kev!!:rasp:

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Ours is SORN as well at the mo, the PH 1 are all hiding for the winter :D

Qashcow

nah mines out for abusing over the winter too, its about the only time i clean it though!! cant be arsed in the summer much, rather be out driving it :)

didnt take a proper look at the tyres at the pub jay, cant wait to get mine after xmas

172 Race Car

Bit of an update, I knew I wouldn't keep my hands off it for long. With so many 'stripping' projects going on atm, I feel the need to up my game a little. So on Sunday Steve (Anim@l) came around to help.

I decided there was more needless weight hiding behind the dash & in the heater, so out it came again.

IMAGE_062.jpg

IMAGE_063.jpg

IMAGE_065.jpg

IMAGE_067.jpg

IMAGE_068.jpg

IMAGE_069.jpg

Determined that this time the a/c evaporator was being binned we removed the scuttle panel & wiper linkage.

IMAGE_070.jpg

Then had quite a surprise. Yet more tar strips (very thick ones too) & yet another alarm siren.

IMAGE_071.jpg

Undoing the a/c & recirculation unit from inside & outside, we then had to whip the manifold off to give us enough room to get it out.
It weighs a massive 5kgs not including the fan itself, all totally unessisary so binned!

IMAGE_073.jpg

IMAGE_074.jpg

IMAGE_079.jpg

Have something in mind to replace the fan unit, Not sure it will work yet but its in keeping with the normal Burpspeed way.

This then left a massive 'glory hole' in the bulkhead (to be covered later) & revealed yet more of the enemy!

IMAGE_075.jpg

Heat gun out again & just under 2kgs of tar was now in the bin, along with the alarm siren & various a/c drain tubes.

IMAGE_077.jpg

IMAGE_078.jpg

Now the heater box was completely free from the bulkhead I managed to remove the last of the insulation. This little bit was over 1kg alone!

IMAGE_076.jpg

We also removed some of the lower heater box, a/c & heated window control unit & some of the wiring loom.

So a few hours work & another 10kgs in the bin.

Mk2 172

JAY i think u have an illness. There are clinics you can visit you know :):)

Superb work Mr Burp!! :star:

Makes me a little depressed though knowing how much I work I have ahead of me... :dapprove:

A4 DTM/iceberg cup

loving the piccy of steve looking like he knows what he's doing lol....

other than that good work will welcome its return to the road next year.... for another adventure