ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed - From The beginning

172 Race Car
Friday, the car had an epic journey.

A total of 230 miles to vist friends and family.

Apart from a bit of a numb bum I also noticed:

Bulb gone on the clock

Heater panel illumination not working

Fan belt needs a slight adjustment (New one has stretched)

A shorter wiper arm and longer blade is needed to get a slightly lower sweep on the screen. It woks fine but leaves a smal half moon un wiped at the bottom. Only a problem when I was pulling out of a junction on a slope.

Oh and the boot release stopped working (A fault from today)

So just silly small stuff really.

Picked up an old megane spiltter a while ago and fitted it on saturday.

IMAGE_284.jpg

Took the bumper off.

IMAGE_283.jpg

It needed a little strategic cutting to make it fit.

IMAGE_285.jpg

Finished and ready to go back on........

Not bad for £2

IMAGE_286.jpg

After that I popped down to GDI for a power run. Chained it down to stop the fan blowing it away.

IMAGE_287.jpg

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmSU1etxfR8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmSU1etxfR8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The result?

181 bhp and 157 lbf

Still with a cat and stock inlets, not bad for 106,000 miles.

Today I gave it a quick wash :eek:

IMAGE_288.jpg

Twice in a year! :nono:

What have I become?

Was for a very good reason tho. A few of the locals got together for a proper photoshoot.

Cant post any pics yet untill Shadowness has finished editing them but the results look good.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Looking good mate, PH1 standard inlets are shocking! Getting them matched + the de-cat should see really good gains, what maps it currently running?

James

172 Race Car
All in good time mate. Will be getting the exhaust sorted later this year.

Running the Group N map and 98Ron.cal file.

Is running on 97Ron fuel atm

106 GTI
Does it feel more eager now with the different power steering setup? suppose its an unfair comparison as youv lost weight in the process? (not you but the car lmao :))

53 Clio's & counting
sweet matey, fair play on 181 bhp too, i really gotta pull my finger out and get my spare inlets matched, then get an rs tuner

172 Race Car
Does it feel more eager now with the different power steering setup? suppose its an unfair comparison as youv lost weight in the process? (not you but the car lmao :))
Really cant say. The steering setup is probably heavier than standard tbh

The car has lost quite a bit of weight over the winter. seats, more tar, wiper setup, fan etc

All I can say is that it goes like a robbers dog now. Cant wait till next monday and its 2009 track debut at Bedford

ITB'd MK1
Really cant say. The steering setup is probably heavier than standard tbh

The car has lost quite a bit of weight over the winter. seats, more tar, wiper setup, fan etc

All I can say is that it goes like a robbers dog now. Cant wait till next monday and its 2009 track debut at Bedford

I might see if i can get monday off ;)

340i
Good result on the RR!

Mine made 181 BHP and 161 LBF last year, with a set of Angel works inlet/plenum... But still with the aircon.

The biggest gain is still the weight, Go-kart FTW!!

106 GTI
Mine made a difference, had the ptfe gaskets fitted to, however good they are?

Decat, inlets and remap should free up a few ponies

182cup & 172 racecar
All I can say is that it goes like a robbers dog now. Cant wait till next monday and its 2009 track debut at Bedford[/QUOTE]

I will have to find out what time we have to be there on Monday

172 Race Car
Just a little update.

Today I did a few little things that needed doing.

Gave the brakes a quick bleed and adjusted the handbrake. Sorted the boot release out and rewired the heater panel illumination but then found the bulbs have blown.

Last night on the way back from Cheltenham I noticed a rattle from the back, Found the heat sheild over the back box broken so took it right off and bin'd it.

IMAGE_301.jpg

Fitted a small extinguisher behind the drivers seat..... You never know.

IMAGE_302.jpg

IMAGE_303.jpg

IMAGE_304.jpg

Then i decided to try and find how i would get my track wheels and tools in the back. Struggled to find a postion for all the wheels that ment I could close the boot and that wasnt resting on the seat belts. Eventually got there.

IMAGE_305.jpg

Would be much easier woithout that stupid bar welded into the back. Im not sure if its actually needed, might borrow a disc cutter and get rid.

Thoughts?

172 Race Car
Me and Tony had the first track outing of the year today and it was great. Some things to sort out tho.

Too much rear brake bias (Caused a few hairy moments, especialy in the wet, vids to follow) Even on its minimum setting.

Front pads only just up to the job (Greenstuff) they were stinking half way around the first lap, LOL. They hung on in there tho. Without cooling they would of lasted 2 mins.

Slightly sticking throttle, got worse as the day wore on, wasnt a problem on track coz it was just making it idle a bit high.

The tyres were very good. R888's do work in the wet and work fairly well. Well enough to not have to change back to road tyres thats for sure. Cant see them being anyworse than Prada's etc

Had a few high speed off's, mainly casued by the brake bias. Yet more Bedford buttercups for my collection.

Fitted a new mount for my camera. Quite happy with the footage but the sound was crap (operator fail)

IMAGE_306.jpg

We didnt manage to get a full afternoon dry running so we didnt finish playing with the damper settings. the car wasnt quite right and then the rain came. Never mind. Nothing overtook us all day witch was surprising considering the amount of exotic and potent machinery in attendance.

Here it is posing with a yellow 355

IMAGE_307.jpg

As said I had a few high speed excursions. the worst being when it swapped ends on me approaching a hairpin @100mph ish. I actually ended up on the pitlane access road from the carpark.

IMAGE_308.jpg

The lines on the grass are from being sideways! The head instructor was just coming up the access road as I came to a stop. He was amazed id got that far and that id not hit anything.

182 Cup
Looks like you had fun! Love the grass pic! I ended up on 12 clicks rear and 7 front at Brands the other day - but then we all know my spring rates are a little soft at the rear - no understeer though, so I'm happy.

172 Race Car
I ended up on 12 clicks rear and 7 front at Brands the other day - but then we all know my spring rates are a little soft at the rear - no understeer though, so I'm happy.
DanR said exactly the same. Max (12) on rear and between 6 and 8 on the front. If its dry on Saturday at Mallory park I'll try that first. The biggest problem was the brake bias tho.