ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed - From The beginning

172 Race Car
I was going to come and watch, even got clearance from the wife but ended up laying on the couch all day due to alcohol abuse last night.

Never good, altho im abusing some right now, prob not a great idea as ive been in the sun all day.

Last edited:
  lift number 1 @ btm
I'm sat with a beer going through the 400 odd photos now, i'll put some up now.

dan, i can't believe what the brakes are like!!

172 Race Car
Those brakesare silly, im sure the tyres move around on the rim when you brake hard.

Looking forward to seeing THE pics ;)

172 Race Car
So, today me and Shadowness went in my car to Kemble airfield for a track/sprint day.

We left Tewkesbury just before 7am to travel the 40mins or so down to the place. The day was run by Bristol based Launch Motorsport on behalf of BSE motorsport and Rebel motorsport clubs.

IMAGE_418.jpg

No idea who this random chap is in this pic.........

IMAGE_419.jpg

First thing to do once we arrived was to sort the passenger seat out. It was so uncomforable. Picked up this foam yesterday and cut it to size. Then fitted a bit to the back and base of the seat under the original fabric.

Tony will be pleased to see this.........

IMAGE_416.jpg

IMAGE_417.jpg

We had no idea what to expect from the day but in the end it was ok. The main problem being that because there was around 50 cars taking part, we had to wait ages between runs. 30 cars max has been talked about for next time.

The surface was quite dusty and we were all struggling to get grip The first few runs were done on a quite fast layout with a few high speed turns and 2 very slow hairpins. The in the afternoon they put out some cones to make a slalom on one section.

They timed one run and fitted a racelogic system to everyones car to get some performace figures. Mine read 0-60mph in 8.8 seconds. A bit dissapointing.

*FAO Russ, correct me if im wrong*
(Quickest was a V6 400bhp 4x4 Sierra at 6sec)

Top speed was 93mph (Quickest 101mph Sierra again)

IMAGE_425.jpg

Tried several location for the camera, seeing as it was quite a casual day. Very rarely get a chance to experiment with the camera as most track days dont like suction mounted stuff.

IMAGE_424.jpg

IMAGE_420.jpg

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MPgyxk3fXfQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MPgyxk3fXfQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

After his passenger ride at Bedford (Before the gearbox had a wee) Dan was super impressed with the way the car went around corners. Im a bad influence on him and I knew he was probably considering getting some coilovers.

I let him have a run in the car.

Knowing he would take it easy and noting spectacular would hapen I didnt bother to switch on the camera. Luckily drhowser was in the right place at the right time.

Coming upto the last corner (Traveling at some speed) I just casually mentioned that the fast approaching corner was VERY SLIPPERY with dust.

Too late, Dan goes in full bore and when the front starts to under steer towards the cones/grass/fence he gives it a big lift...............

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the new
Drift King

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

He is undecided on coilovers now :rasp:

LMAO! Absolutely quality.......my first spin :cool:

I think I did reasonably well to catch it at first, but because Jay's car is setup harder than a p**n stars wedding tackle, it snapped back the other way....after that I was a passenger!

In my defence it was VERY dusty, as you can see in the pics. Just glad there was nothing in the way!

The main thing I remember was Jay.....as soon as the rear stepped out he was laughing his head of! I was trying my best to correct it, and hope that I didnt damage anything, and he's sitting next to me pissing his pants with laughter whilst we're spinning!

It was an eventful day, the weather couldn't have been better, and there were lots of 'interesting' cars there too.

Thanks for letting me tag along Jay, I promise I'll stay in the passenger seat from now on! :D

lift number 1 @ btm
i'll put up a few more as i find them, but here are some.

DSC_0154.jpg

and speaking of interesting, this had an M3 engine and a welded diff:eek:

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

i thought russ' car went well!

DSC_0373.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d
That second picture of Dan drifting is so cool. I'd even get it blown up and have it in a frame. Sound like it was a cracking day.
So is Dan getting AST's so he can have some more drifty drifty in his own car? :)

172 Race Car
Bedford on Friday, last trackday of the year, and last ever in the cars current spec.

If anyone wants a passenger ride then catch us in the first 2 hours. After the gearbox problem last time we intend to get as much track time as we can. Last 45mins is reserved for us only

Qashcow
and as its the last time on track, i want to try and chase you down (slowly watch you off into the distance....)

Qashcow
i'll have my camera in mine too hopefully, i just struggle getting the footage off my pc because of the format its in. we can bung yours on mine though.

shame i wont be able to comment on how good the RC6E's will be :( dont be a homo schweppy an get on track soon as