ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed - From The beginning

Qashcow
off topic, hope it all went well schweppy, rather you than me thats for sure.

where abouts have you booked, Coombe on 5th?

back on topic

SchwepTek™
off topic, hope it all went well schweppy, rather you than me thats for sure.

where abouts have you booked, Coombe on 5th?

back on topic

Its 6am tomorrow morning! :(

Combe 5th, Silverstone 6th and hopefully RAF Marham for the weekend.

Qashcow
well as i know you cant eat then, i wont let you know about the beautifully suculent steak i had this evening in Ledbury while taking wifey out for the anniversary, i'll post you some left overs.

blimey, 2 in one weekend. my back couldnt cope with the driving even if i could afford it

Qashcow
cool beans, i'l see what jay says as im with him on friday, but if not i'll pm you and buy you a pint fosho :) thanks

Can't wait to see this on track tomorrow, Im sure you'll drive the tits off it! It is a bit of a weapon on track, shame this will be it's last. But it will be worth it for the plans Jay has in store! :evil:

53 Clio's & counting
Completely missed your write up mate!

Yeah Sqeaks was fastest, it was that black 3door XR4i, thats a 4wd 3.1 low comp, with 2 huge turbo's lol, years ago it would run to 60 in around 4 secs, so that gives the idea to the lack of grip

I ran 7.3 0-60, which i was happy with as the lack of grip, i feel the day suited mine with its softer suspension

Oh and cheers Doug i was having fun :)

172 Race Car
Had a great evenig at Bedford, car was very good, brakes could be better, Red stuff not upto constant abuse and no cooling off time.

Had the alternator pack up on the way back, noticed the volt meter getting lower (see, it was a good idea to fit it) stopped in a layby and gave it all a check over. Started working again after smaking it with a wheel brace. Had to do the same when I left Tony's place. Got a spare to go on soon.

Full Bedford report and vids soon

172 Race Car
Last night was the last Trackday of the year for us. Once again we were at Bedford Autodrome on the South West layout. Knowing the circuit so well ment that we could go out straight away and get on with it. I went out for a short run to give the car a quick warm up and check things over. All was well and once the tyres were hot and we'd settled the pressures down a few others had a little go in the car.

Dan had a go and was naturaly cautious after his drifting session at Kemble. Then I let Sideways Danny have a go. I thought the guy could drive! Lol. Half a lap later and we were facing backwards and the marshall had to put his book down and get waving his yellow flag. Dont brake when the back steps out I said.Just get back on the power! Half a lap or so later and I had a case of deja vu. Spiiiiiin!!!!!!

Tony Took Powey's mate out and he loved it. Mysteriously 3rd gear went missing for a few moments. The gearbox is getting very tired now and crunches if you rush the changes. 107k, not done bad.

The brakes couldnt stand up to the constant abuse. Normally we give it a cool down lap or two, then at least 10mins in the pits to cool down. Tony did a 25min stint in it and had to be a bit cautious. I had 3 or 4 pad fade moments. Down at the hairpin I went once across the grass and the next time I took the escape road. Then aproaching turn 1 it just wouldnt stop. ushed the pedal harder and it just locked up. Narrowly avoided the gravel trap.

Other than that the car was faultless, no knocks, no leaks etc. BUt Oh we so wish the suspension was stiffer. One day! :evil:

Going by the videos Tony managed a 2 min 10 second lap. I wasnt far off it. No bad considering in May 2008 2 min 25 seconds was my quickest.

(will upload a hot lap vid later)

So thats it for this year. Using it on the road till the tax runs out at the end of October then work for 2010 starts full on.

ITB'd 182...
Good to see it going out with one last thrashing, Jay!

So when are we going to hear about the 2010 plans? ;)

ITB'd MK1
LOL, you piss taking b*****d.

Hands up, really wasn't expecting it to bite that hard, took a little getting used to, I'm used to road setups . Brilliant fun though.

172 Race Car
Everyone struggles with it mate. Me and Tony have driven it though all of its progress so obviously were used to it. Like you say it does bite you if your not awake

172 Race Car
A video of one of Tony's clear laps

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ddTh17fCP8A&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ddTh17fCP8A&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Jay your car was so much fun, especially sitting in the passenger seat!:D Was eating everything up on track. Had a nice mouth full of brake smoke when we came off due to the brakes failing at that hairpin!;) Got alot to think about now after my experiences yesterday! Good luck to you and Tony for your plans for next year, its going to be immense!:cool:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Great thread this burp, looking forward to coming to say hi at the events next year when I start tracking mine :)