ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed - From The beginning

172 Race Car
Some pics from Friday................

Tony on a mission..........

_ZZZ2986-1.jpg

Me on my own, late in the evening, is the front wheel off the ground?

_ZZZ3279.jpg

Tony about to eat an R26R, Powey's mate on board I think

_ZZZ2581.jpg

and yet more pics of the car spinning with me in the passenger seat (need to get duel controls fitted :rolleyes:)

_ZZZ2283.jpg

_ZZZ2284.jpg

_ZZZ2285.jpg

_ZZZ2286.jpg

_ZZZ2287.jpg

Last edited:
  ITB'd 182...
Sideway's Danny buy name.... Sideway's Danny by nature!

Good to see there were no problems this time Jay :)

172 Race Car
Na, its my old phase 2 exhaust, never really fitted right on the phase 1. the second (Prospeed fitted) mount has failed because of this. Its been like that for ages tho, It is solid.

Needs remaking/cutting and bending to fit properly

Fair enough, either way it certainly does not stop you from having fun tracking it.

You and the car have come on in leaps and bounds from when this project first started. Its a real credit to you imo.

And the website www.Burpseed.com is a very good read.

172 Race Car
Small update,

A few days ago whilst on the motorway I could hear a rear wheel bearing rumbling. It must of been well past it as I could hear it over the road noise and the delightful tones of Breaking Benjamin. :cool:

They are about 5k old but have had a hard life on track. Rather than leave them till the wheel falls off I decided to get it done and rather than just replace the one I chucked a pair at it. Took the discs off and popped intoa mates garage to borrow his press.

IMAGE_581.jpg

Ive repaced a few of these before and these were the most stubborn ive come accross. 9,000psi on the press before they started to move. New circlips and they were all done. Got to put them back on before Saturday (Karting meet)

IMAGE_585.jpg

IMAGE_586.jpg

Overall the car is looking a little sorry for itself at the moment. Quite afew bits missing, for various reasons. Its still driveable, for now ;)

IMAGE_583.jpg

IMAGE_582.jpg

172 Race Car
Hate this car now, spent 2.5 hours in it on the way to karting on the weekend, got there quite pissed off as the sat nav took me over every speed bump inside the M25. :mad:

Noisy, bumpy, hot, uncomfortable s**t.

The journey home wasnt any better. Its fine for short trips but really fed up of spening hours in it. Been doing quite a few miles recently.

Got to this milestone

IMAGE_589.gif

This thread is dieing a slow death

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hence why i'm keeping a full stereo in mine!

Don't lose faith in the thread, its my only motivation!!

340i
Hate this car now, spent 2.5 hours in it on the way to karting on the weekend, got there quite pissed off as the sat nav took me over every speed bump inside the M25. :mad:

Noisy, bumpy, hot, uncomfortable s**t.

The journey home wasnt any better. Its fine for short trips but really fed up of spening hours in it. Been doing quite a few miles recently.

I know this feeling all too well :( I've got a new job "in the city"...

Commuting a 38 mile round trip daily, sat in traffic around 1hr.... hot, uncomfortable, noisy, and all round rough stopping and starting every meter :( :( :(

and the f**king work car park has a 50" speed bump*

*slightly exaggerated

172 Race Car
Hence why i'm keeping a full stereo in mine!

Don't lose faith in the thread, its my only motivation!!

CD player and 2 speekers in it (on 20 all the time so it can be heard)

Im not losing motivation for anything. Just need a 'road car'