ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed - From The beginning

Qashcow
you need something else with an african land snail inside it lol. i know the feeling, its why emma will never step foot in mine again

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ive jsut re-read through the first 20 pages and forgot how many there where! Ill have to have another look through the rest later.

Best thread on here imo!

I hear you about the long journys tho, this is exactly the reason why mine is only half stripped so the front end is near standard, minus steering wheel, buckets, harnesses etc.

172 Race Car
Car is dead, Ecu/immobiliser issue, thats it now, end of........

But on a lighter note, its replacement arrived today :approve:

Golf GTD Mk7
Booo, just noticed the RIP Jay. Sorry to hear the saga has come to a close. I sense another project coming :)

172 Silver Cup
Thinking he has something not so special as a run about but give it a few months and it will be special!

172 Race Car
Update and an introduction to the new car........

Im very pleased with it, its an absolutle joy to drive. needed to do some small jobs tho. So on with the thread............

I had to change 2 brake light bulbs, lubricate the door catch and wiper linkage (squeeking like mad) Tightened the pas belt and checked all the levels.

Had a small lake in the boot,

IMAGE_621.gif

IMAGE_622.gif

as I didnt have a shotgun handy I made some holes with a big drill.

IMAGE_623.gif

IMAGE_624.gif

IMAGE_625.gif

Took a good 5mins for the 4 inches of water to drain away, wont have the problem again now with the holes in there.

The passenger mirror was in a bad way but luckily managed to track one down at the local scrappy, not colour coded but hey ho.

IMAGE_616.gif

The old one had been bodged with a screw and was hanging like a limp dick

IMAGE_617.gif

Was quite an easy job to swap over, remove a cover and undo 3 screws

IMAGE_620.gif

IMAGE_618.gif

New one fitted.........

IMAGE_619.gif

Topped up the engine with some 'Ferrari' oil

IMAGE_626.gif

May need to put some front tyres on soon but other than that its spot on. Gonna get it on the ramp at my mates soon and make sure there isnt any nastys under there.

Very happy with it, 72k and purrs like a kitten :D

340i
Defiantly not a Vectra.... something more exotic I think?

Some sort of Proton by the looks of it ;) Proton Saga or something like that?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Defiantly not a Vectra.... something more exotic I think?

Some sort of Proton by the looks of it ;) Proton Saga or something like that?

quick google search does indeed bring up a proton saga!

172 Race Car
Awesome...

Hit us with the spec ;)

7 previous carefull owners
1,500cc
GLSI model
5door
Central locking
Coded Blaupunkt radio Cassette
Eectric windows (With unique n/s/f window manual option)
Artisticly (Rattle can) painted front wing
Ashtray (With Marlboro ends fitted)
Doesnt smell of wee
Spare tyre (New!)
More expensive to insure than a 185bhp Stripped and Coilover'd Clio!
Best Cash Price
Free Delivery was included
Has been serivced (Well it starts ok)

172 Race Car
I'm going to go out on a limb and say its the 1.5 version which means 89 mighty bhp, and 126 Nm of toqrue.
Cool, had no idea how much power was under that slightly dented and rusty bonnet. Quite pleasing to know it has more go than the wifes 206Hdi African land snail edition.

You appear very knowlegable on the suject of Malaysian Lotus's Tom, Why is this?

Qashcow
still prefering the African land snail engine bay lol. loving the matching panels ahem!!

Em laughed quite alot when she heard about the 'lotus'