ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Busy weekend ..... lots of pics inside

Discounted 1*2 parts
Firstly i removed the bullets, renault diamonds and clio badge to paint black. Did this on the friday night and then spent saturday spraying parts and cleaning her.

I'll let the pictures do the talking :)

Before - after an 800 mile road trip to scotland

P1010376.jpg

P1010377.jpg

Front bumper off to spray grilles and fog surrounds satin black

P1010380.jpg

P1010378.jpg

P1010379.jpg

Front and rear arches before cleaning

P1010381.jpg

P1010382.jpg

P1010383.jpg

Front and rear arches after cleaning

P1010392.jpg

P1010391.jpg

Wheels before cleaning

P1010384.jpg

P1010385.jpg

P1010386.jpg

P1010387.jpg

During

P1010388.jpg

After cleaning

P1010389.jpg

P1010390.jpg

P1010393.jpg

P1010394.jpg

During this i was putting a couple of coats of paint on the grilles and lacquering the badges etc (the pic of the badges have a coat of SRP on them!)

P1010395.jpg

P1010396-1.jpg

P1010398-1.jpg

Then I moved onto cleaning the car. Snow-foamed. Washed with 2 buckets, lambswool mitt and megs gold class shampoo. Coat of SRP. Coat of EGP. And finally a coat of collenite wax. Couple of pics of snowfoaming and the one of the products used.

P1010397-1.jpg

P1010399-1.jpg

By the time i'd finished it was dark so went out and took some pics. I've never taken night time pics before so hopefully these have come out ok. Tried to photo the shine as best i could.

P1010444-1.jpg

P1010450-1.jpg

P1010453-1.jpg

P1010457-1.jpg

P1010458-1.jpg

P1010464-1.jpg

All in all i'm happy with the results but may spray the bullets blue and the rear boot button the same black.

106 GTI
what did u use for the paint to stick on the plastics as im wanting to spray mine black cheers

Plastic primer works well, make sure to keep the object being painted clean though i.e try to minimize touching with greasy fingers and stuff.

Is that the backbox thats been heat wrapped?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Good big clean mate!

I want to spray my grills and fogs black too. Do you have to take the bumper off and are the screws easy enough to get at?

Discounted 1*2 parts
Good work, Always feel the bullets looks weird without some colour writing on them though.

yea there a bit orange peely as well as it was pretty cold when i was spraying but i wanna get them done in blue with black lettering. think there is some guy on here that does it for about £30 :)

Discounted 1*2 parts
Proper clean this! Would love to have the patience to do this to mine.

What wheel cleaner do you use? Results are good.

its a wheel cleaner we use at work, i think the brand is iktar or something like that it only cost me £10 for 5 litres and that can be diluted up to 25%. I diluted it 50/50 for the wheels this time round to remove some of the more stubborn grime!!

Discounted 1*2 parts
what did u use for the paint to stick on the plastics as im wanting to spray mine black cheers

with the grilles all i did was degrease and clean them, then when they were dry i put a couple of thin layers of plastic primer on then 3/4 coats of satin black :)

the badges and bullets i rubbed down slightly first and then primed, sprayed and lacquered

Discounted 1*2 parts
Good big clean mate!

I want to spray my grills and fogs black too. Do you have to take the bumper off and are the screws easy enough to get at?

yes mate this is the second time i removed the front bumper, first time was a bit of guess work and took ages but second time round it only took 20/30 mins total to remove everything its dead easy.

There are 2 torx bolts and 2 10mm bolts in each arch, 2 torx bolts at the bottom of each side of the bumper and 2 10mm bolts that hold the undertray up in the middle underneath. Then there are 2 plastic screws for the top grille under the bonnet and you just disconnect the bonnet alarm switch. Sounds a lot but it is really easy, i'm sure there is a better how-2 write up somewhere on here

Discounted 1*2 parts
What paint did you use for the grilles? Just normal Halford rattle cans? Lookin good

yes a can of gloss black for the badges and a can of satin black for the grilles. i already had a load of primer and lacquer so only cost £14.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Looking tidy there matey. Made me consider spraying my grilles now.
Might re-do my wiper arms as well while I'm at it.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
yes mate this is the second time i removed the front bumper, first time was a bit of guess work and took ages but second time round it only took 20/30 mins total to remove everything its dead easy.

There are 2 torx bolts and 2 10mm bolts in each arch, 2 torx bolts at the bottom of each side of the bumper and 2 10mm bolts that hold the undertray up in the middle underneath. Then there are 2 plastic screws for the top grille under the bonnet and you just disconnect the bonnet alarm switch. Sounds a lot but it is really easy, i'm sure there is a better how-2 write up somewhere on here

You star, cheers buddy! Doesn't sound too bad, I remember seeing some of the screws you've mentioned. Just hope I'll be able to put it all back together! Don't have to worry about the alarm switch as mine is aftermarket and out of the way.

Will have to give the grill spraying a go then, it looks good mate!

Discounted 1*2 parts
thanks for the comments. yea i definately want black xenons.

and yes i will be doing the rear trim at some point :)