ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bye bye 225, well hello vx220

Elise/VX220/R26
Guy said:
still cant believe the attention it gets.. its like being a celebrity. lol :D
dunno what its like round your area but theres only 1 other i see fairly regularly parked at a pub and thats it.

Mines the only one round here I know of. Last summer there was a barryboy'd up one (total sacralege) had the shopping list on the dors etc :( but not seen it this summer. Saw one in Leeds today but thats the only one I've seen for months!

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
welcome to cliosport sponsored by vauxhall ;) id say another month and therll be vx220 forum hehe

Nice one! like them but wouldnt have choose silver!

Ad

MK2 FRS
jonesyx said:
welcome to cliosport sponsored by vauxhall ;) id say another month and therll be vx220 forum hehe

Nice one! like them but wouldnt have choose silver!

lol there is a few of us. Weve moved on from the CTR now. Onwards and upwards. lol.

Mine should be back on the road tonight fingers crossed. New wheels, tyres brake pads and black bits.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Ive one of these on the shpping list after i sell the Crossfire.

Im still deciding on whether to go turbo or NA.

What sort of MPG does the NA do around town?

Elise/VX220/R26
I did a run from Wakefield (near leeds) to the peak district and back, then the MRs has run it to work and back all week (8 mile round trip admitedly) Only just had to refill. And it only has a 30l tank! Basically worked out to between 27 and 30 MPG depending on which readout you take from the dash (it wavers around a bit lol) To put in in prespective I rekon my megane would have used about 50 quid of fuel over the same milage

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Thats not too bad.

Im getting 40miles to a tenner around town with the Crossfire and about 70 on long journeys

Clio 172mk2
jonnyboy there is plenty of vx`s round here , just wait till the sun comes out.

nice motor n e ways, prolly be my next car if i can get insured . but i do like me comfort n toys. so i might have to get a decent test drive in one first.

Really like your VX:hail: but make sure it's alarmed as it looks like you live in an underpass!;)

Oh and why not an Elise, I'd like to know?

Elise/VX220/R26
speedynz said:
Really like your VX:hail: but make sure it's alarmed as it looks like you live in an underpass!;)

Oh and why not an Elise, I'd like to know?

lol just to clear this up thats a local motorway bridge down by the canal side, its actually really nice apart from the grafitti, just an ace place for taking pics of the car ;)

As for why its not an elise, equivalent elise would have been 2-3k more expensive and I would have been lumbered with a rover k series engine as well. VX Is the thinking mans elise, far better looking car too IMO

Clio 172mk2
tbh i prefer the look of a vx than the elises, if i had to pick a lotus and have the money exige all the way, only one thing id do to a vx is bebadge the front end . god dam hate the griffin stuck on front.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
lmao "i hate black b*stards" sprayed on wall...lovely place for a photo

Ad

MK2 FRS
biojo said:
tbh i prefer the look of a vx than the elises, if i had to pick a lotus and have the money exige all the way, only one thing id do to a vx is bebadge the front end . god dam hate the griffin stuck on front.
but then your in VXR220 money with an exige... lol. You could have a quicker car, better setup. But granted the Exige looks better with the flarred arches.

When the only yellow VXR comes up forsale, i will be visiting the bank manager:eek:

Elise/VX220/R26
must admit at trax today its the first time I've ever taken any notice of the exige, had a look round silverstones own two exiges and they are basically a VX with a bigger engine cover on! I know they are more powerfull etc but TBH I would just get a turbo and spend the other 5 grand on some Ho's