ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye Bye Vee - New car content.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Well after owning my dream car, a Ph2 Clio V6 for nearly two years i decided it was time for a change.

Took alot of deciding and car hunting but finally decided on a old favorite of mine...

Basicly i was in two minds what to go for, another slightly daft and expensive car such as a TVR, Exige 911 ect or something cheap and cheerful like a kit car + 182.

In the end i did a bit of both and went for a expensive version of a cheaper car, the MCS GP #0711.

I always wanted another Mini after my last one had a incident with a parked up van, i knew i'd miss the exclusivity of the vee which is why i went for the GP as there are only 400 or so UK ones.

Anyway, some pics!

Picture318.jpg

Picture319-2.jpg

Picture324.jpg

Picture325.jpg

Picture330.jpg

Picture335.jpg

Picture343.jpg

Picture349.jpg

Picture348.jpg

Picture351.jpg

In all, i love it already.. handles like a go-kart and does feel like a special car still :)

Anyway i'm ready for the abuse... fire away!

Megane 225 F1
Lovely car. Lbrench was going to get one........but he went for the pussy option and got some other thing.

Would rather the vee though :(

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
lovely car mate, i was very very close to getting one of these but the abarth caught my eye.

i thought number 711 had spoiler damage?

nice car though, not sure if i would have one over a vee but suppose u have owned the vee so you have done the dream car bit.

lynden

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
oh and i see you like carbon, you can get the full carbon dash for very cheap on ebay

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Polishing bits arrived earlier m'dear ;)

You know what I think of it x

Roll on next weekend :)

Yeah its got a slight bit of damage to the carbon on the spoiler, not really that bad though.. just the laquer thats damaged so should get that sorted pretty easy!

Cupra
I like these. Not 100% on the wheels though.

I always wondered, is it possible to put seats in the back if you ever needed to?

Italian 3.2 V6
Nice.. Don't think it's an upgrade on the Vee, more of a side step. Still lovely car tho!

Why didn't u get a R26R?

PSJ.

Mk4 .:R32
can't believe you sold your vee for a ponce-wagon.

Although I'm sure the performance is pretty good and it'll be far better built than the vee

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol at the swap haters!

Great choice Addz, even i'm a little shocked you changed but it can't be cheap running a Vee either, I always thought when you bought a Vee it kinda stuck with you because it is a special car no doubt!

I love the GP's though one of my favourite hot hatches!

Hero! Look at that others guys for inspiration mods! Nice new wheel! :)

I always used to hate the new Minis, and TBH I kinda still do. However, the GP has really grown on me recently. TBH that looks f**king awesome :approve: f**k the 'Vee' anyway. They look s**t.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
For some reason I've never liked the wheel's on these.
The rest of the car looks so good, but IMO the wheels don't work :(

There's a guy I know near me who has Ultraleggera's on his Cooper S. Looks so so good!

Anyhow, nice car mate! And in term's of the Vee comments, you can't hold onto it forever :)

Not keen. The spoiler and the odd wheels ruin a great wee car. But hey, you don't have to look at it when you're zooming around in it :)

340i
I love it mate... Super smart, O.Z ultraleggera's will transform it imo.

I'll be over this weekend for a passenger ride ;)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
how are you going to get any clunge in the back??

nice mini btw

S

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I like them, although i would never swap the Vee for one. Not in a million years.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I like these. Not 100% on the wheels though.

I always wondered, is it possible to put seats in the back if you ever needed to?

umm i don't see why not, i suppose the normal floor is under the false one

Nice.. Don't think it's an upgrade on the Vee, more of a side step. Still lovely car tho!

Why didn't u get a R26R?

PSJ.

I thought about it but i've had the mini before i know i like it, lots of tuning potential too!

For some reason I've never liked the wheel's on these.
The rest of the car looks so good, but IMO the wheels don't work :(

There's a guy I know near me who has Ultraleggera's on his Cooper S. Looks so so good!

Anyhow, nice car mate! And in term's of the Vee comments, you can't hold onto it forever :)

I wasnt a fan of the wheels till i saw them in the flesh to be honest.. i quite like them now though thinking about getting some red wheels to go with the mirrors

Nice, like it.

Did it happen to come from down south... Bournemouth area?

Not sure to be honest, i got it from litchfield

how are you going to get any clunge in the back??

nice mini btw

S

Tie wrap them to the "strut brace" ;)

Lovely car. Any tuning plans for it?

0b3e17f9.jpg

Yup! Already got a set of Newmans cams ready and shall be ordering a Milltek cat back, Janspeed mani + de-cat, alta cai, injectors + map and a smaller charger pully asap.

Last edited:
  Turbos.
Wouldn't have swapped a Vee for one personally.

I think with the advent of hot hatches in lurid colours and vinyl stickers, the GP doesn't look as 'out there' as it did when first out. I fail to see the point in having a two seater hatch but i appreciate it will be a lot of fun. But then so would a normal, cheaper Works.

Good work on the mods!

The only thing that sets the GP apart from the works is the exclusivity of it. With only 400 in the UK it's abit rare. I have only seen 2, and when they are moving the noise the make on over run is so so cool. Your point on the 2 seater hatch is true... but look at how many stripped out Clios there is on here xD

Megane 225 F1
The only thing that sets the GP apart from the works is the exclusivity of it. With only 400 in the UK it's abit rare. I have only seen 2, and when they are moving the noise the make on over run is so so cool. Your point on the 2 seater hatch is true... but look at how many stripped out Clios there is on here xD

I have never seen one :(

I had a two seater clio once....only so that I was never taxi boy ;)

Money pit
Always loved these tbh!
Having driven the cooper works and falling in love, these must be like a proper go kart.

Oh yeah and the ladies love 'em :cool: