ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Byebye Clio!

Engine seized up today! About time tbh aha.

Just on the way to Demon Tweeks to get my coilies setup, engine starts pissing around then cuts out, then it starts rumbling like a Scoob and smoke comes out of the zaust. I thought the cambelt had snapped, but then realised there was f**k all oil in the engine. Only filled it up around a month ago so no idea what's happened. Jacko told me to take pics anyway:

16072009061.jpg

16072009062.jpg

16072009063.jpg

16072009064.jpg

Bit low...

16072009066.jpg

The breakdown guy was a complete c**k tbh, couldn't have lasted the trip home in a truck with him and he wanted £100ish to get towed home (I broke down in Chester, live in Manchester ffs! Hours drive(ish)) so phoned around a few people. My dad's E90 320i didn't have a tow eye for some obscure reason, so the uncle came in his Hilux (driving this yesterday, absolutely sweet runner and pretty fast for an old workhorse! He gets random people coming up nearly every day asking if it's for sale, which it isn't!):

16072009068.jpg

16072009067.jpg

Managed to get 99.9mpg on the way home! :lolup:

Luckily, I managed to see the funny side of the whole situation, my first car's given me nothing but grief tbh. Yeah, my car needs a new engine. I've been subconciously waiting for a reason to get the 2.0 16v F4R conversion, and here it is. I'm currently looking for a heap of junk that'll get me to work and back every day, but this isn't the last you've seen of my little shed...

Storm Grey 200
Ahhh unlucky. She must live on tbh, epic car.

Oil checking was on fifth gear the other day funnily enough...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Buy a 2.0 write off.

Swap EVERYTHING over. Piece of cake. (ish)

Tis indeed a shame, but every cloud and all that!

R26
HAHA i couldnt stop laughing this morning! Shortly after warning you to make sure you had enough petrol this time and not trust the trip computer again

Time to upgrade mate :D

BG 182 FF
sorry to hear about that mate the car looks mint, at least you have seen an upside to it. Would be good to see a f4r in that car.

Buy a 2.0 write off.

Swap EVERYTHING over. Piece of cake. (ish)

Tis indeed a shame, but every cloud and all that!
Was going to do exactly that after seeing you do it haha. Not sure whether to do that and pay for labour or have a crack at it myself, no idea where to start though so I'll have to do plenty of research! I've only just turned 20 so will have to wait until I'm around 21 and have 1yrs ncb before I can get insured probably though, but it'll make a nice little project :D

HAHA i couldnt stop laughing this morning! Shortly after warning you to make sure you had enough petrol this time and not trust the trip computer again

Time to upgrade mate :D
Lol, first thing I thought to do when it fucked up is go on MSN to you! Sound advice, all was fine until I thought it was going to explode!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'd rather put it towards repairing my car or buying a new temporary one.

Well yes, naturally. I was jus stating the obvious! Get recovery/breakdown cover next time. Not something you should skimp on.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
nightmare bud, now cheap tax or savings on fuel ;) lol hope you get it sorted buddy

awwwwwwwww man,

that sucks.

This better come back with a vengence or i'll be dissappointed
Don't you worry! Will take it's time, but make a nice little project over the next year or so!

Well yes, naturally. I was jus stating the obvious! Get recovery/breakdown cover next time. Not something you should skimp on.
What? I'd rather save £100 and put it to good use! I don't have a lot of money at the moment so why would I pay £100 just to get home when I can get it free?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Read it again!! Next time you mite not be in a position to get Tow'd home by a mate, you mite be at the other end of the country. By having RAC/Greenflag you can have assurances that if the worst happens you'll get some at no cost!!

If i didn't have cover when when the williams broke at Cadwell it would of cost over a grand to get to Glasgow!!

30£ or 1k...Toughy!

Read it again!! Next time you mite not be in a position to get Tow'd home by a mate, you mite be at the other end of the country. By having RAC/Greenflag you can have assurances that if the worst happens you'll get some at no cost!!

If i didn't have cover when when the williams broke at Cadwell it would of cost over a grand to get to Glasgow!!

30£ or 1k...Toughy!
Got GreenFlag, they only tow 10 miles then charge! That's why he wanted £100 as I was 44ish miles away.

Aw, badluck! epic car, dont sell just get a new lump :)

Btw, nice illegal towing on the motorway....
the only exception is when the car has mechanical failure and then you can only tow it to the next available exit.
The next available exit happened to be... my exit? Hmmm.

Will deffo be getting a new lump! I could sell all the RS parts etc. and make a load towards a new car, but couldn't bring myself to atm :D

TrackCar & F30 330d
Aw, badluck! epic car, dont sell just get a new lump :)

Btw, nice illegal towing on the motorway....

Lol thats what i was thinking, the illegal towing.

Hope it all works out for the best. Sometimes you just need that little push in life to get something done. So this was a sign for you to get a cheeky 2.0ltr ;)

its always the next exit isn't it ;);)

could be worth selling the bits etc and buying a RS, but like you say its your 1st car and its epic for that. I wouldn't wanna sell mine even if its still basic.

Would love your xenons though ;) trade? :rasp:

its always the next exit isn't it ;);)

could be worth selling the bits etc and buying a RS, but like you say its your 1st car and its epic for that. I wouldn't wanna sell mine even if its still basic.

Would love your xenons though ;) trade? :rasp:
Nah, got them brand new last October! £200! :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Got GreenFlag, they only tow 10 miles then charge! That's why he wanted £100 as I was 44ish miles away.

The next available exit happened to be... my exit? Hmmm.

Will deffo be getting a new lump! I could sell all the RS parts etc. and make a load towards a new car, but couldn't bring myself to atm :D

:S Really! FFS! Get RAC then.

Will do at renewal time!

At least it was clean during it's final moments, made for some half-decent pics!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like M56/53 junction to me!!!

I thought it was that new road which connects to the 56, the one they were building for years. If you continue on down it you go past Deeside and Queensferry.

When you around Capenhurst next?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Finished now! Was doing a course at the college there (dump lol)!!

I've seen a few cars with CS stickers there. but no reply in the spotted section :(

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
sorry to hear that the current engine has died but as said bring on the 2.0l!