ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cable Management

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
In our new place, we have real wood floors and unfortunately, the Sky/phone/power outlets are about three metres from our TV unit that houses everything.

Annoyingly, the route also has to navigate a floor-to-ceiling window that's next to the TV unit. Not ideal.

For a short-term solution I've routed everything through some 25mm trunking, just to tidy things up for now. Ideally though, I'd like some advice on a better-looking, slimmer solution.

Any ideas or products for routing cables that you've used yourself? I know there's a few home media installers on here, so do you guys have any recommendations?

It's only to route four cables, totalling ~15mm. Two SkyHD feeds, one power supply and one phone line.

c5455e6b.jpg

Ta!

Chris

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The only think I can think of doing would be just using slimline trunking above the skirting board, but then again that window does make things awkward. Would there be no way of having another power socket installed and having the phone line re routed?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nice view. Salford quays?

St. George's Island mate. Deansgate/Castlefield.

Cheers for the replies, I've bought some box-section trunking that attaches to the wall and I'm going to run that along the base of the skirting/door frame.

Any better solution would still be appreciated. I don't really want to be re-routing sockets etc.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
The D-Line stuff is great. Be careful when you stick it, the adhesive is mega strong. Had to remove some when moving from my old place and it removed the plaster from the wall lol.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The D-Line stuff is great. Be careful when you stick it, the adhesive is mega strong. Had to remove some when moving from my old place and it removed the plaster from the wall lol.

Jesus! lol. Cheers for the warning mate. It should be here early next week anyway.