ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Caliper piston size and pad combination?

If all seems to work out with the rear mk3 setup, I have the option of non sport or 197 calipers, 34mm and 38mm bore size respectively, non sport being cheap as chips..

Im running 197 master cylinder and brembos up front with ds1.11 with ABS. Im not sure how much all this will make a difference to the braking system but I want it to be balanced at least. Im looking at ds1.11 or pagid rs4-2 as carbone lorraine and winmax are next step up in budget.

Im not sure how the abs works completely but my thinking is that I dont want the rears to be too aggressive and firing up too easily so the 34mm with race pad is the better option?

Any help appreciated

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Bigger piston doesn't necessarily mean more pressure or force. It's just more even pad contact.

But seeing as standard 1*2 rear calipers have tiny pistons, I think the 34mm will be fine.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like an upgrade I may partake in them because the stubs on mine are put on with bolts that I'm not particularly confident in!

Just make sure you refurb the calipers as they're a massive c**t on the MK3 platform mate... Don't ask me how I know 😂