ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt advice and price check

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Paying a deposit on a Clio 182 in LY tomorrow, it also has both cup packs and a carbon front splitter with 93k on the clock and FSH, been told it's in perfect condition and has a K-Tec Racing exhaust, K-tec coilovers, the belts were done at 55k (I think he said 55k) so just wondering when they need doing again?

Agreed a price of £3750, is this a good price for a LY 182?

Lynden

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
ah got ya, so wont need doing again for a while now, what about the price?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
ah got ya, so wont need doing again for a while now, what about the price?

Price depends entirely on condition. Its nigh on impossible to say without seeing it. As long as you're happy, thats all that matters.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
he sent me a long email saying its in mint condition etc, told me about a stone chip on the bumper and that's it, rang him and told him if I make the 4 hour train journey to where the car is and its a nail I will be putting his head on a stick (said it in a much less horrible way) he is also paying for my train ticket which is good

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
he sent me a long email saying its in mint condition etc, told me about a stone chip on the bumper and that's it, rang him and told him if I make the 4 hour train journey to where the car is and its a nail I will be putting his head on a stick (said it in a much less horrible way) he is also paying for my train ticket which is good

Well he must be confident in the car.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
sounds like this

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3928783.htm

bit pricey on miles-- should be maybe low 3's-

has KTEC splitter as well-

s

Thats the one, I didnt see the piston heads advert. we do some of there marketing at work and he knows I'm after a 182 so he rang me and emailed me some photos.....

just noticed the grey wing mirrors, are they supposed to be yellow?

Well he must be confident in the car.

cant tell if sarcasm :s

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm being serious mate. he wouldn't waste money on a ticket otherwise.

Mirrors should be yellow, but they look great in grey!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I'm being serious mate. he wouldn't waste money on a ticket otherwise.

Mirrors should be yellow, but they look great in grey!

Might keep them grey then and yeah he is also picking me up from cardiff station which is good I suppose.

Steering wheel has seen better days....-

this was lower miles at 3250

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4059522.htm they must have PXed it 2600 something like that-
S

I saw this and rang the guy but it looks a bit ropey and the guy was a bit of a **** on the phone when I asked about the belts