ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt Change 172 Cup??

I will be replacing the cambelt on my 53 plate 172 Cup in the very near future. What will I also need to/is it worth replacing, as well as the cambelt itself, whilst doing this i.e. fan belt, tensioners, waterpump etc?? :S
Any information will be gratefully received ;)

172 Race Car
cambelt kit with pulleys and tensioners.
Aux belt and tensioners/idlers
Caps/oil seals for the back of the head (where timing tool goes in)
possibly need a crank pulley bolt too

Water pump is a matter of opinion, some people change it at the same time as its a right ball ache as a standalone job

Well if you buy the rencualt kit you need the right aux belt kit also the two oil seals whcih cover the cams.

Personaly unless you have the correct tools and have done it before forget it get a garage with the tools and the experiance to do it its easy enough to mess up.

There is no fan belt theres a aux belt which power the pas etc its only cheap and is taken off when you change the cambelt anway.

Water pump each to there own some do change it others don't some chnage it if it needs it there no right answer ifits not failing realy. Its driven from the aux belt though not like the cams belt though so if it does leak its not such a big deal to chnage.

I've got a guide here on how to chnage it if you want it drop me a message eddeuk yahoo.co.uk remmber to mention you had a cup as I've a cup special supliment guide as well.